Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Married when older

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Sudance wrote: »
    Just set up an account today out of sheer and utter fedupness. I know fedupness is not a word, but hey, who cares.
    Sudance wrote: »
    Oop, sorry, I meant that for a different thread.

I LOVE that word 'fedupness'! And, it still works in this thread! So you didn't actually buy a wedding dress then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Sudance

I did, but it was never used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Aw. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Sudance

lol, I can't say I agree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Despite being a relatively young wan (and unmarried!), I'd be way more for a small and understated wedding than I would be for a big "do". I don't really like hotels that much.

My personal ideal wedding would be a rather renaissance faire deal, with a medieval-y type dress, probably not in white. Haul in various small nieces on both sides to bridesmaid (well, the older ones at least!) Some friends and family, and then an outdoor evening party with food cooked in a big old hole in the ground, sitting around a campfire (even more of a reason not to wear white!), a bit of a music session and chatter.

However, I can only imagine what that would do to the more conservative types amongst various relatives, so I'd probably go a bit more traditional just to keep the peace.

Or elope. But I'd never be forgiven on the partner's family's side if we pulled that stunt, I'm sure! I suspect I'd probably get away with it on my own family's side though!

In terms of it being the "bride's day", eh. That was the case when the wedding was the selling off of the bride to the husband, give the poor wan something to celebrate at least before she spent the next twenty years popping out sprogs. Nowadays, I think it should be the bride and groom's day, rather than the groom being treated as an accessory. The dress, the hotel, the flowers, all that's accessories.

• Advertisement
Advertisement