Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

We need to win this weekend to give ourselves a chance if we do we could conceivably run the rest of the schedule to win the division. I think the game in Chicago will be difficult and in Dallas and who am I kidding in Philly too, we're terrible away from home.

Still a win for us this weekend would be huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

We need to win this weekend to give ourselves a chance if we do we could conceivably run the rest of the schedule to win the division. I think the game in Chicago will be difficult and in Dallas and who am I kidding in Philly too, we're terrible away from home.

Still a win for us this weekend would be huge.

I'd fancy our chances in both games against Dallas now that Romo's out. And Philly have given up too so there's 3 winnable games. So one further win out of Chicago, Buffalo and NY and it's 8-8.

Of course this is the Redskins and they will lose games they're supposed to win so God only knows how it'll play out.

The division is there for the taking though. Just need to end the losing streak to the Giants.

I'd fancy our chances in both games against Dallas now that Romo's out. And Philly have given up too so there's 3 winnable games. So one further win out of Chicago, Buffalo and NY and it's 8-8.

Of course this is the Redskins and they will lose games they're supposed to win so God only knows how it'll play out.

The division is there for the taking though. Just need to end the losing streak to the Giants.

I think this weekend is key if we beat the Giants it's in our own hands.

I think this weekend is key if we beat the Giants it's in our own hands.

Giants have a couple of tough games against Carolina and Minnesota as well which is good for us.

Giants have a couple of tough games against Carolina and Minnesota as well which is good for us.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking, I think if we beat the Giants and the rest of our division we should win the division, with us losing to Buffalo and maybe Chicago and the Giants dropping games to Carolina and the Vikings

• Advertisement

Turn the Giants over twice on their first two drives, both in their half and come away with 0 points and two 3 and outs. Awful play calling too.

They're going to blow this game.

Jordan Reed is killing them. 3 penalties so far for 30 yards.

Hope this isn't the kiss of death but the defence is playing great so far

If only the Redskins had any sort of running game. They could take big chunks out of the clock here.

This has 21-20 Giants written all over it.

• Advertisement

What a catch there by Beckham. Have to hold your hands up and admit defeat on that one. He really is something else

Now, offence. Put some sort of drive together. Need a score, any score.

This has 21-20 Giants written all over it.

Phewww. Nearly blew a victory in what was for the first 50 minutes of this game the best def naive performance of the season. Great victory in the end but shouldn't have let it get so close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Most underrated team in the NFL beats the most overrated. Great win.

We've some player in Bashaud Breeland. Had a superb game.

Division is ours to lose now. Schedule not too bad looking at all.

He needs to use Morris more, we have a running game we are just not utilizing it. Cousins has matured and is playing really well. DeSean is a massive player for us now and with Garcon and Crowder and Reed we have a real passing game. It's exciting but we still nearly blew it and definitely opened the door again for the Eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thought breeland had beckham in his pocket till that unreal catch, kerrigan must be one of the best ol's in the nfl

Tomorrow's game taking on extra significance now that the Eagles are gonna beat the Pats (I thought they'd given up). A Cowboys win and you'll have three teams on 5-7 and the Cowboys only one back.

All the talk on the Redskins radio this week was about an easy win as the Cowboys are hopeless but that sort of complacency always comes back to bite you in the ass. Look at last year's game where an easy Cowboy win was expected but Colt McCoy led the Redskins to a win.

Jason Witten always seems to do well against Washington. The amount of times they get them into third and long's and Witten comes up with a big play to deflate the defence. And I'm worried about that Beasley fella too. I can see him converting third and long's too.

So let's hope they come in the right mind set and not take things for granted. Big game needed now!

Tomorrow's game taking on extra significance now that the Eagles are gonna beat the Pats (I thought they'd given up). A Cowboys win and you'll have three teams on 5-7 and the Cowboys only one back.

All the talk on the Redskins radio this week was about an easy win as the Cowboys are hopeless but that sort of complacency always comes back to bite you in the ass. Look at last year's game where an easy Cowboy win was expected but Colt McCoy led the Redskins to a win.

Jason Witten always seems to do well against Washington. The amount of times they get them into third and long's and Witten comes up with a big play to deflate the defence. And I'm worried about that Beasley fella too. I can see him converting third and long's too.

So let's hope they come in the right mind set and not take things for granted. Big game needed now!

I've been listening to a few friends of mine from Washington and this is exactly what they are worried about. You cant be complacent in this league at all .. look at Panthers almost caught out yesterday and the Patriots.

Plus Cassel can throw and they have several talents McFadden, Beasley, Witten and obviously their star man Dez. I still like us tonight but the Eagles were excellent yesterday, they are definitely not out of it.

The one thing for us though is if we beat the Cowboys twice and lose to the eagles as long as we match the rest of their results we will win the division on our conference record, I think. (probably be tied on division record)

Either way massive must win for us tonight. I believe in this defence though and Cousins is starting to convince me , he's protecting the ball which obviously is key to us winning!

I've been listening to a few friends of mine from Washington and this is exactly what they are worried about. You cant be complacent in this league at all .. look at Panthers almost caught out yesterday and the Patriots.

Plus Cassel can throw and they have several talents McFadden, Beasley, Witten and obviously their star man Dez. I still like us tonight but the Eagles were excellent yesterday, they are definitely not out of it.

The one thing for us though is if we beat the Cowboys twice and lose to the eagles as long as we match the rest of their results we will win the division on our conference record, I think. (probably be tied on division record)

Either way massive must win for us tonight. I believe in this defence though and Cousins is starting to convince me , he's protecting the ball which obviously is key to us winning!

This game has serious let down written all over it.

Yeah, they're done. Kelly's lost the team and they've given up.

I would like to withdraw this remark from the records.

This game has serious let down written all over it.

This is what the Redskins do. Build up your hopes only to crush you come the end of season. To be honest though looking at how things are probably going to play out if we win out and win the Division we're still going to end up playing probably the Seahawks in the first round of the playoffs. Not an easy game anyway but I suppose all we can look at is progress and it would definitely be progress to get to a playoff. I hope we see large doses of Alfred Morris tonight.

• Advertisement

This is what the Redskins do. Build up your hopes only to crush you come the end of season.

And it happens again......

Didn't watch the game but woke up and checked the score just after it ended. Gone back now and read the reports and listened to the post game stuff on ESPN 980 and apparently it was another awful performance but the game was still very winnable but poor special teams play, no run game again and poor play calling cost them. Typical Redskins.

The division is a joke. 7-9 could win it and whoever does gets a home game in the playoffs!!

Didn't watch the game but woke up and checked the score just after it ended. Gone back now and read the reports and listened to the post game stuff on ESPN 980 and apparently it was another awful performance but the game was still very winnable but poor special teams play, no run game again and poor play calling cost them. Typical Redskins.

The division is a joke. 7-9 could win it and whoever does gets a home game in the playoffs!!

Yeah but it will be a home game against the Seahawks, I am so sick of the Redskins and Nationals doing this to me :(:(:( ridiculously though we still have the easiest schedule. The reality is if we beat the Eagles and Cowboys we will win the division. But we could also beat Chicago this weekend, they are terrible. I know we are also terrible but hell anything is possible... :D:D:D No one wants to win this damn division and the reality is that there is probably no advantages to winning it. We'll finish with a draft pick that is useless to us and will get absolutely hammered by the Seahawks in the playoffs.

Oh god I don't think I could take watching Sherman shouting into the camera's in FedEx, I 'll get arrested for trying to throttle the F*****!

Our offence was putrid for 55 minutes last night .. mental last 3 minutes .. Also if the Cowboys are not careful their going to make Dez's head explode with frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

But we could also beat Chicago this weekend, they are terrible. .

The Bears aren't terrible, dunno when you last watched them. They had a poor day on Sunday but still probably should have won it in normal time. Before that they beat Green Bay in Lambeau field which terrible teams just don't do. They also beat Kansas, and were only one score down in losses to Denver and Minnesota. You'll be doing very well to beat Chicago to be honest.

The Bears aren't terrible, dunno when you last watched them. They had a poor day on Sunday but still probably should have won it in normal time. Before that they beat Green Bay in Lambeau field which terrible teams just don't do. They also beat Kansas, and were only one score down in losses to Denver and Minnesota. You'll be doing very well to beat Chicago to be honest.

I watched them on Sunday and to be honest have watched a lot of them this season, the bears are jekyl and hyde just as much bad as good , its not going to be an easy game for the Redskins who are unfortunately also terrible but it's definitely winnable. Chicago are far from a good team.

Up 21-7. This has the same feel as the Giants game. Need to go in for kill now and not go into prevent defence mode.

Is there ever a kick off without a penalty on a Redskin? How difficult is it not to hold or make an illegal block in the back?

And quicker than a Conor McGregor fight, a 14 point lead vanishes. Watching this team is so frustrating.

Dodged a bullet there. Awful throw by Kirk and Jones is a very lucky man

• Advertisement

Come on defence. One final push!

Advertisement