Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are rte milking fr.ted to death!?

Options
  • 05-12-2008 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

Father Ted is, in my opinion, the finest comedy to have ever come out of this country. But do you think that rte are using it to death!!?
    I cant seem to recall a time when it wasnt on dring the week at some point (usually monday)!!:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

They killed it about five years ago, if not longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Maybe if everyone shut up about it it might go away?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Father Ted is, in my opinion, the finest comedy to have ever come out of this country. But do you think that rte are using it to death!!?
    I cant seem to recall a time when it wasnt on dring the week at some point (usually monday)!!:pac:
    RTÉ pay their people too much. They pay Mr. P Kenny €900,000 a year, so how can they afford anything but Fr. Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

I think theyve killed it a good while ago myself, they should let it be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Eh Upwardly mobile??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

the finest comedy to have ever come out of this country.

But sure it was produced by Hat Trick Productions based in London and first shown on Channel 4.

Produced by a UK company means they own it! Not Irish imo
    Yes, Irish location and mainly Irish cast but who owned it at the end of the day? He who pays the bills.........

*runs from inevitable flaming*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I agree. They should at least rest it for a while.
    It was ground breaking stuff - for taking on the Catholic organisation alone.

Would something like it in this day and age (of sensitive religious nature) be made - I suspect not.
    Godforbid they touched upon the subject of Muslim's!
    (but we better not go there)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

micmclo wrote: »
    But sure it was produced by Hat Trick Productions based in London and first shown on Channel 4.

Produced by a UK company means they own it! Not Irish imo
    Yes, Irish location and mainly Irish cast but who owned it at the end of the day? He who pays the bills.........

*runs from inevitable flaming*

Irish writers and Irish cast.

The show was produced by a UK company and bulk of the show was filmed in the UK so while you can't say it "came out of Ireland", I would still describe it as an Irish comedy in the same way I would call the music of U2, the Corrs, Thin Lizzy etc. Irish even though it might have been recorded in London on the record label of an English company.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It should be on every night of the week. A timeless classic that never, ever gets old. The single finest programme to ever have anything to do with Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

They have cocaine in them. No. Wait. Not cocaine, those little things, what do you call them, raisins! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I think it's great!! Can never have too much Fr. Ted!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It should be on every night of the week. A timeless classic that never, ever gets old. The single finest programme to ever have anything to do with Ireland.

.....and I believe they will be producing new episodes as soon as Morgan stops being dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you don't want to watch it when it's on (which is only about one re-run a year 0 :p) then don't watch it.

Never ever criticise Ted. It's comedy gold and always will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Sarky wrote: »
    Maybe if everyone shut up about it it might go away?

AFAIK only works with giant advertising signs and characters that have come to life via a freak electrical storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

More 4 show it a lot and it's still fookin deadly. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

Father Damo is legend.
    Fr.Damo - "What do you call Fr.Ted?"
    Dougal - "Ted. Why?,what do you call Fr.Frost?"
    Fr.Damo - "Frosty! He's not the boss of me"!! "Which do you prefer,Oasis or Blur?"!!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

midger wrote: »
    Father Damo is legend.
    Fr.Damo - "What do you call Fr.Ted?"
    Dougal - "Ted. Why?,what do you call Fr.Frost?"
    Fr.Damo - "Frosty! He's not the boss of me"!! "Which do you prefer,Oasis or Blur?"!!...

Way to quote the show but miss the jokes. Good job.:rolleyes:

That would be an ecumenical matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭cson

More water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

That would be an ecumenical matter!

Arsebiscuits!

• Advertisement

Feck off cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

"Well this is a piece of advice my father gave to me. This refers not only to lagging, but all forms of insulation: he said "dont ever"...no, wait, it was "always"...no, "never" - oh, I forgot. Never mind. Whats your favourite humming noise? Would it be mmm-mmmmm or would it be mmmm-mm? The first one there, now thats the sound of a fridge; and the second one, thats the sound of a man humming. You never hear a woman humming. I knew a woman once, but she died soon afterwards. Now if you push me to it, I'd have to say my favourite colour is grey. No, blue. A soft blue with a hint of grey. No, orange. Yes, orange. I remember now. Now, I had an extension put on the house, and I put it on the extension, so the house is in a circle now, you see...

"We run the electricity off the gas and the gas off the electricity and save £10 a week"

Read these and I challenge you not to LOL -

Father Ted: "What’s ‘clit power’? I knew a Father CLINT Power once"

Father Ted: That's right, Dougal. You see, ordinary shops sell what look like black socks, but if you look closely, you'll see that they're very, very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.
    Father Dougal: That's true. I thought my Uncle Tommy was wearing black socks, but when I looked at them closely, they were just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.
    Father Ted: Never buy black socks from a normal shop.
    [Whispers to Dougal]
    Father Ted: They shaft you every time!

Father Ted: I know what's going on, Pat Mustard. There are some very hairy babies on Craggy Island, and I think you are the hairy baby-maker.
    Pat Mustard: Oh, yeah? Well, I think that you would need proof if you were going to make that sort of an accusation. And I'm a very careful man, Father. A very careful man!
    Father Ted: Except when it comes to taking precautions in the bedroom.
    Pat Mustard: Ah, w-... you certainly wouldn't be advising the use of artificial contraception now, Father, would you?
    Father Ted: Yes, I... well... if you're going to be... of course you will... JUST FECK OFF!

Father Ted: "Come on Divorce Referendum!"

Father Ted: The way I feel now I could convert gays!

Father Ted: Are you up to your old tricks, Tom?
    Tom: No, Father. It's my money. I just didn't want to fill out the forms.

Father Dougal: God, Ted, I've never met anyone like him anywhere. Who would he be like, Hitler or one of those mad fellas?
    Father Ted: Oh, worse than Hitler! You wouldn't find Hitler playing jungle music at three o'clock in the morning.

Mrs Doyle: I never thought we'd have anyone like her staying here.
    Father Ted: Hm? Oh, Miss Clarke, yes, it's very exciting isn't it? Famous novelist, here.
    Mrs Doyle: You've never read any of her books, have you, father?
    Father Ted: Actually, I'm a bit of a fan. That's where I was the other day - at her book signing.
    Mrs Doyle: Well, I'm very surprised to hear that, father. I didn't think you'd like that sort of thing. I read a bit of one of them once. God, I couldn't finish it. The language, unbelievable!
    Father Ted: It's a bit gritty, but that's the modern world, Mrs. Doyle.
    Mrs Doyle: Ah, it's a bit much for me, father. "Feck" this and "feck" that.
    Father Ted: [uncomfortable] Yes, Mrs. Doyle.
    Mrs Doyle: "You big bastard". Oh, dreadful language! "You big hairy arse", "You big fecker". Fierce stuff! And of course, the f-word, father, the bad f-word, worse than "feck" - you know the one I mean.
    Father Ted: [becoming exasperated] Yes, I do, Mrs. Doyle.
    Mrs Doyle: "Eff you". "Eff your 'effin' wife". Oh, I don't know why they have to use language like that. "I'll stick this 'effin' pitchfork up your hole", oh, that was another one, oh, yes!
    Father Ted: I see what you mean, Mrs. Doyle.
    Mrs Doyle: "Bastard" this and "bastard" that, you can't move for the bastards in her novels! It's wall-to-wall bastards!
    Father Ted: Is it, Mrs. Doyle?
    [taking her arm and steering her out of the room]
    Father Ted: Anyway...
    Mrs Doyle: "You bastard!" You fecker!" "You bollocks!" "Get your bollocks out of my face!" It was terrible.
    Father Ted: [finally gets her through the door and closes it] Yes, you go and prepare for the nuns.
    Mrs Doyle: [from the next room] "Ride me sideways" was another one!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Getting milked to death?

that'd be some orgasam

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

snyper wrote: »
    Getting milked to death?

that'd be some orgasam

Sorry. Best quality I could find.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Dougal: Ted, Clint Eastwood has been sent to prison for a crime he didn't comm...oh no wait, it's a film!

The 55 members of the Father Ted Social group will declare a jihad on anyone who criticises Father Ted under any circumstances :cool:

There's a Father Ted social group?! I can haz be member?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

dfx- wrote: »
    Dougal: Ted, Clint Eastwood has been sent to prison for a crime he didn't comm...oh no wait, it's a film!

The 55 members of the Father Ted Social group will declare a jihad on anyone who criticises Father Ted under any circumstances :cool:

Please accept my apologies...although I actualy LOVE father ted!! Just annoyed at rte for using it to their advantage I supose! Rte dont deserve it!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement