Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

Hate to burst some peoples bubbles but The Witcher will look nothing like that vid on the Xbox. That gameplay was captured on PC running at 60FPS 1080p res.

It's a blatant misrepresentation of the product which will only run at 30FPS 900p on the Xbox. I can't understand why they still have this video up on the Xbox One's official YouTube channel when the game is not even remotely related to the product consumers will buy next month. Why haven't they taken it down and re-uploaded Xbox One footage? Could be cause for concern....perhaps the console versions just aren't up to scratch.....

Hate to burst some peoples bubbles but The Witcher will look nothing like that vid on the Xbox. That gameplay was captured on PC running at 60FPS 1080p res.

It's a blatant misrepresentation of the product which will only run at 30FPS 900p on the Xbox. I can't understand why they still have this video up on the Xbox One's official YouTube channel when the game is not even remotely related to the product consumers will buy next month. Why haven't they taken it down and re-uploaded Xbox One footage? Could be cause for concern....perhaps the console versions just aren't up to scratch.....

Not trolling - just genuinely concerned for the future of this industry with it's marketing bullshiit.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Danny says it looks damn good on consoles, so it looks damn good on consoles. End of shtory.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can anyone tell me a brief summary of what war is going on in the background of this game (Nifleguardians(sp) vs ?). I saw a quest where you encounter a soldier from one side and you have a choice to help him or turn him over to the other side.

Was this war ongoing in the last 2 games? Just trying to suss it out and who I would help. I tried googling it but a ton of Witcher lore coming up and I'm not sure what's relevant and what's not.

jc4517 wrote: »
    Danny says it looks damn good on consoles, so it looks damn good on consoles. End of shtory.

But it's not 60FPS @ 1080p though which is what XBO's official channel is implying with this uploaded gameplay.

Look, this isn't about PC Vs. Console. This is about consumers being shown a product they will not receive on their platform. Why hasn't Microsoft uploaded XBO gameplay footage yet? Is there a problem? Some kind of issue? Are they afraid?

We'll have to wait and see..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me a brief summary of what war is going on in the background of this game (Nifleguardians(sp) vs ?). I saw a quest where you encounter a soldier from one side and you have a choice to help him or turn him over to the other side.

Was this war ongoing in the last 2 games? Just trying to suss it out and who I would help. I tried googling it but a ton of Witcher lore coming up and I'm not sure what's relevant and what's not.
    The war is between nilfgaard and the northern kingdoms; eg temeria, kaedwen,aedern etc. in the epilogue of Witcher 2 it shows the nilfgaard army crossing the yaruga and beginning its invasion of the north.

If you have the time I'd recommend reading the books, will get you caught up on all the lore in no time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

witcher_3_wild_hunt-1.jpg

witcher_3_wild_hunt-4.jpg

witcher_3_wild_hunt-2.jpg

And link to article on gamespot that has gameplay videos showing combat, the map and the card game
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3-s-bigger-than-skyrim-world-and-magic/1100-6426827/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Am I the only one who thinks Geralt is smiling in the first two? Doesn't fit his character from TW2 if he's going to have lightened up this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Pre-ordered the hell out of this on ps4. 25 days with a mixture of bloodborne ng+, terraria, bf4, and Fifa to keep me going. Gotta say, I'm looking forward to this!

Sounding good for newcomers like myself

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/04/24/how-the-witcher-3-embraces-both-veterans-and-newcomers-ign-first?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook
    “you’ll know who the Witchers are, who Geralt is specifically, what are their aims, what is the world like, and what’s the true state of the world right now. So, we think that, by the time you finish the prologue, you really do have a grasp of the basics of the story and you kind of learn more about it as you go.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Can't wait for this game. Haven't been playing much in the run up to this release so can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Ok I'm sold this is now my post Bloodborne game. Looks great, is there an online component of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

weiland79 wrote: »
    Ok I'm sold this is now my post Bloodborne game. Looks great, is there an online component of some sort?

No online.. The makers said there is anout 200 hours of gameplay to finish the entire game..

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Looks class !

Does anyone if this map covers just one of the northern provinces or all of them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Got a free copy after buying my MSI graphics card.. Delighted as would have been buying it anyway.. Have a couple of games to get through until this is released and then it'll be a swap between this and 7 Days to Die.

This year is a great year for gaming so far.. Lets hope TW3 continues that trend!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

videos from gamespot

Unreal graphics and these are from Xbox

11084020_10152924589514331_5812659283426185143_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

11089071_10152924589369331_6878901128148974497_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Don't start me new job till the last week of May and I'm unemployed and broke until then. Probably won't get paid until the middle of June either. :(

XBox One I'm a comin' ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't put into words how excited i am for this.

I remember the first time a saw The Witcher. I had bought my first Laptop (2007) and after spending €350+ i wanted to try PC gaming. Now at the time i had no idea about specs and just assumed every PC game would play on any Laptop regardless of how powerful it was.

I walked into Smith's Toys and went over to the PC section. Not knowing anything about the game i picked up the Witcher solely based on what i saw on the box.

I went home and loaded the game up....

.... And it nearly set my Laptop on fire :pac:
    Never even got passed the loading screen.

Fast forward 6 years and i save up and build a PC and the first 2 games i get are The Witcher 1 + 2.

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick it up on PS4?

is 65 on psn store with predownload a few days early and unlocking midnight gmt on the 19th. Not sure if other places but doubt you will get cheaper for quicker. Argos miiiiight have it at 60 but probably won't know till the day before release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

is 65 on psn store with predownload a few days early and unlocking midnight gmt on the 19th. Not sure if other places but doubt you will get cheaper for quicker. Argos miiiiight have it at 60 but probably won't know till the day before release.

Buy it from the US PSN if you're going digital, the exchange rate is poor enough but you'll get it for under €60.

Getting it as a birthday present so I'm going with the easy method :)

Embargo was just lifted on the Yootoobers visit to the devs in Poland so about 15 videos should be hitting soon all with new gameplay and info.

Angry Joe's below.

Gopher

Iamanderzel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Amazon emailed me about this and Arkham Knight as I had pre-ordered both separately. They now have this, Arkham knight and other games in a 2 for £80 pre-order! This works out at €55.97 each based on today's exchange rate and if you select free shipping.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm debating going the PSN route too. I like the idea of being able to pre-download it early and I doubt Argos would have it much cheaper on release.

Ordered a second 970 graphics card. Will be SLi-ing this game in 2160p on a 28" screen.

Fingers crossed I can get it at about 60 fps consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cadea

Just ordered a 970 card now, upgrading from a 550 Ti, needed it for this and Batman, can't wait!

cadea wrote: »
    Just ordered a 970 card now, upgrading from a 550 Ti, needed it for this and Batman, can't wait!

If you bought right you should be getting a free copy of Witcher 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

irishmover wrote: »
    If you bought right you should be getting a free copy of Witcher 3.

I got one mid January, would I be entitled?

I had a look on the site and Ireland wasn't in listed countries...

Got it from HWRVS if it makes a difference...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    I got one mid January, would I be entitled?

I had a look on the site and Ireland wasn't in listed countries...

Got it from HWRVS if it makes a difference...

Its only from March 31st. I'm in Australia which is on the list so pretty straight forward for me but if you bought from the US to ship to Ireland you should still be able to claim a US key. Even if you can't use it in Ireland you could sell on EBay to reimburse a percentage of the game purchase.

I actually didn't know Ireland wasn't on the list that sucks..

Advertisement