Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Can't wait for this.. Looks and sounds amazing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Where's best/cheapest to order this from? PC version probably direct from developer but for console version it seems to be about €75 here or £45 online with Amazon. Anywhere better?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can get it for between €40 and €50 on gog.com, depending on if you own the first two.

Kiith wrote: »
    You can get it for between €40 and €50 on gog.com, depending on if you own the first two.

I don't think you can buy the console version though from them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

s.welstead wrote: »
    I don't think you can buy the console version though from them

tbh if you want it for console, amazon has the best price I'd say.

:edit: actually have a look on vgp, good prices there too but you'll be waiting longer for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Where's best/cheapest to order this from? PC version probably direct from developer but for console version it seems to be about €75 here or £45 online with Amazon. Anywhere better?

on PC the cheapest at the moment is €27.85
    Note: this is for a GOG key not Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,895 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

2 "MASSIVE" PAID EXPANSIONS ANNOUNCED FOR THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT
    Two story-driven instalments have been announced for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Unlike the already announced DLC, which CD Projekt is giving away for free, these expansion due to their size and scope will come with a price tag and will represent "real value for money".

The first, Hearts of Stone, boasts a "10-hour-plus adventure" and ventures into "the wilds of No Man's Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he'll [Geralt] try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed."

Furthermore, a second expansion entitled Blood and Wine will offer a "20-hour-plus tale" which will introduce an entirely new region known as Toussaint. CD Projekt Red describes the land as "untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret."

Hearts of Stone is expected sometime in October, while Blood and Wine is currently slated for release sometime in the first quarter of 2016. Both expansions will, of course, be available on all three platforms – Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 4 – with no mention currently of platform exclusivity.

“While we’re offering the Expansion Pass now, we want to make one thing clear: don’t buy it if you have any doubts,” says CD Projekt Red co-founder Marcin Iwinski. “Wait for reviews or play The Witcher and see if you like it first. As always, it’s your call.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Both expansions are if the time they give are accurate, and knowing CD Projekt they probably are, are larger than most full sized releases. So these should be good.

The expansion pass will be €24.99 and Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine will also be available separately for €9.99 and €19.99 respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The expansion pass will be €24.99 and Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine will also be available separately for €9.99 and €19.99 respectively

Not bad for what is on offer. Hell of a lot better compared to some DLC I have purchased in the past.

• Advertisement

Just ordered from HMV using their 20% off code. €56 including delivery for console version. Doubt it will be any cheaper elsewhere

Just ordered from HMV using their 20% off code. €56 including delivery for console version. Doubt it will be any cheaper elsewhere

Completely forgot about that 20% discount . Just pre-ordered it now. Cheapest I could find was amazon at €62, smyths is 64:D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

CDPR are just a bunch'a sound lads aren't they?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The image on that youtube video is weird...so yeah, it's the Witcher :P

Also, that looks ****ing amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,494 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh my God what a trailer! Actually glad Batman got pushed back now to give me more time with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I really want to play this, it looks amazing but I never played the previous games, I have the two of them on steam and I think my laptop can just about run them, are they worth playing to catch up on the story? I'm not sure I can really devote that much time to marathoning through two big rpgs. How long are they, is it possible to just go through the main story and ignore side quests?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I really want to play this, it looks amazing but I never played the previous games, I have the two of them on steam and I think my laptop can just about run them, are they worth playing to catch up on the story? I'm not sure I can really devote that much time to marathoning through two big rpgs. How long are they, is it possible to just go through the main story and ignore side quests?

I think it's designed to be playable without playing the previous games. You're looking at probably 30 hours each and imo the first game has not aged well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I only played a small bit of the first one and never played the 2nd, I wouldnt worry about it.

Reading IGN's 1st 6 hours with the game with one guy who was a witcher expert and one guy who only played a small bit of number 2. the noob said he was a bit overwhelmed but there is a catchup scene at the start that gives you a background to the series and notes key points that you have to know about.

Would love to play even the 2nd one to get sine way of how the game plays.

I just hope the combat is Good. I read the devs took inspiration from Dark Souls which can only be a good thing imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Reading IGN's 1st 6 hours with the game with one guy who was a witcher expert and one guy who only played a small bit of number 2. the noob said he was a bit overwhelmed but there is a catchup scene at the start that gives you a background to the series and notes key points that you have to know about.

Would love to play even the 2nd one to get sine way of how the game plays.

I just hope the combat is Good. I read the devs took inspiration from Dark Souls which can only be a good thing imo.

Is this inspiration for TW3 or TW1+2 do you know? Because the combat in 2 was dreadful IMO, hoping 3s is a lot better

Is this inspiration for TW3 or TW1+2 do you know? Because the combat in 2 was dreadful IMO, hoping 3s is a lot better

I read it somewhere when looking up info for Witcher 3. As long as it's better than dragon age inquisition, i stopped playing that because of the combat.

I read it somewhere when looking up info for Witcher 3. As long as it's better than dragon age inquisition, i stopped playing that because of the combat.

Ya I wasn't a fan of the combat in DAI either, felt clunky and slow.

I haven't seen this vid before, combat definitely looking Soulsy, although simpler (probably a good thing). Game looks savage.

video from IGN showcasing magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Right, but will it have those cards with the boobs on?

Seems challenging enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Disappointed there's no beard related achievements :(

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Disappointed there's no beard related achievements :(

Secret achievements haven't been leaked yet...

Almost 20 Yootoobers like Angry Joe and Rooster Teeth were invited to Poland this week to play The Witcher 3 from the start for a limited amount of time and then talk and show what they want next week. Devs said the game is too big for them to spoil it (obvious spoilers from beginning of the game) but they think there is so much to do in it, they are sure all the vids will be different showing missions, side quests, exploring, etc.

Advertisement