Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jesus & Mary Chain - Vicar St 31st July

• 18-07-2014 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

according to their twitter

Jesus And Mary Chain ‏TheMaryChain 33m

Secret Irish show.We are playing Dublin’s Vicar Street on 31st July 2014.Tickets on sale 10am today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

just bought a ticket, link didn't go live till 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yknaa

Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database.

Live now. Just got 2. Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Mate just texted me said they are on sale picked one up get them while you can this will sell out

Cannot wait.... I am happy when it rains:)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Nice one, ticket purchased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just got a ticket, ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Tickets sorted. Possibly would have preferred them at EP, but Vicar Street is a great venue for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Got a ticket just now. I not entirely sure but I think they may be playing Psychocandy in full, which would be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Tickets sorted. Possibly would have preferred them at EP, but Vicar Street is a great venue for this gig.

In 2007 they clashed with the Beastie Boys:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭quaidox

just bought ticket, hope they sound better than the did at the electric picnic, no feedback guitars at all down there, or maybe the wind was affecting sound quality??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭roll

Suas11 wrote: »
    Got a ticket just now. I not entirely sure but I think they may be playing Psychocandy in full, which would be brilliant.

you are indeed correct-should be crackin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Bought two tickets immediately when I heard this.
    Should be cracking! Especially in a 'small' indoor venue where they can hear the sound better than at EP. Expect walls of noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I don't think it had anything to do with sound quality at EP, there simply was no feedback. Shockingly poor gig imo. Willing to give them another chance though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It's not the album set it's a greatest hits set, they are actually rehearsing in Dublin for the week before it.
    This is according to Alan McGee.

nm wrote: »
    It's not the album set it's a greatest hits set, they are actually rehearsing in Dublin for the week before it.

I hope this proves to be true. I'd be a slightly bigger fan of Darklands, so I hope that gets a good going over.

nm wrote: »

That would make sense; if they played Psychocandy straight it'd only take 40mins.
    Then again their early gigs were (in)famously short.
    For a band known as a 'noise' band they have a lot of great quiet tunes.

One of my favs-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A have a ...friend. ..yeah...that will suck for a ticket to this......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I hope this proves to be true. I'd be a slightly bigger fan of Darklands, so I hope that gets a good going over.

Was up on McGee's facebook

but are they not meant to be audience testing the "psychocandy" gigs later in the year in the uk?

dinneenp wrote: »
    That would make sense; if they played Psychocandy straight it'd only take 40mins.
    Then again their early gigs were (in)famously short.

They've probably play Psychocandy in full and then play a second set of other songs. That's what some bands do when they're playing an album from start to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

any mention of a support to this yet?

A have a ...friend. ..yeah...that will suck for a ticket to this......

Tickets still available, but if she's hot, I'm sure we can come to an arrangment....

How has this gig not sold out in a few days?
    CANNOT WAIT

I was reading who the support was yesteday, and now I can't find it anywhere. Young Irish band...

Anyone waiting for tickets from Ticketmaster still? Mine hasn't arrived yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I was reading who the support was yesteday, and now I can't find it anywhere. Young Irish band...

Ghost Estates

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

blastman wrote: »
    Anyone waiting for tickets from Ticketmaster still? Mine hasn't arrived yet.....

Mine has just arrived...better late than never!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

As good a day as any to work my way through The Power of Negative Thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

and Black Tambourine

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be surprised to see Shane MacGowan appear for 'God help me'!

holly8 wrote: »
    and Black Tambourine

Seriously? This has gotten even better then.

ticket arrived in the post today, phew, was getting worried there! it says doors 7.30 show 8.30pm. does this mean jamc are on at 8.30??

quaidox wrote: »
    ticket arrived in the post today, phew, was getting worried there! it says doors 7.30 show 8.30pm. does this mean jamc are on at 8.30??

I presume that means the support act.

hmmm, dunno,,, might check with bouncers when i get there and head to thomas house for a pint if there is time b4 the main event...

Now that you mention it, my ticket hasn't arrived yet. I'll email ticketmaster, but ring them in the morning. I presume I'll be able to pick them up at the door tomorrow, instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

dinneenp wrote: »
    I presume that means the support act.

from promoters ...

opener 7.50-8.10
    Black Tambourine 8.30-9.00
    JAMC 9.30-11.00

holly8 wrote: »
    from promoters ...

opener 7.50-8.10
    Black Tambourine 8.30-9.00
    JAMC 9.30-11.00

The Black Tambourines, from Falmouth, Cornwall, are supporting,

there is an item about them supporting at tonight's gig on their facebook page on the update on the entry dated 26th july

https://www.facebook.com/theblacktambourines

I don't think the band Black Tambourine from Washington are formed at the moment?

the details about their activities on wikipedia is in past tense http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tambourine

The Black Tambourines, from Falmouth, Cornwall, are supporting,

there is an item about them supporting at tonight's gig on their facebook page on the update on the entry dated 26th july

https://www.facebook.com/theblacktambourines

I don't think the band Black Tambourine from Washington are formed at the moment?

the details about their activities on wikipedia is in past tense http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tambourine

So, it's not Black Tambourine? That's disappointing :(

So, it's not Black Tambourine? That's disappointing :(

It seems not, but maybe check with Aiken to confirm.

from the facebook page and it would appear that its The Black Tambourines as opposed to Black Tambourine?

Do you know if Black Tambourine are currently together, the Wikipedia details suggests that they are not?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Latest set times.....

Jesus And Mary Chain ‏@TheMaryChain · 3m
    @kennyu272 8.20-9.00pm:The Black Tambourines 9.30 THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN

• Advertisement

I'm collecting the ticket from the venue tonight. I'm just wondering whereabouts is the box office in Vicar Street and it is just a machine or someone behind a counter?

I've also to collect tonight. I've been to Vicar Street before for comedy, but I can't place a ticket office. I assume it won't be too well hidden though! Tickets can be collected anytime after 7, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Gerlad

Box office is across the lane from the entrance and up a bit on the left hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭roll

hmmm... not great i'm afraid

Wasn't the best gig ever but I enjoyed it, despite the sound problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

....I sort of enjoyed the chaos.

William Reid looks a good deal like King Buzzo these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

enjoyed that, few false starts and a few technical hitches but still a decent gig.

I'd say a few words were exchanged backstage after, bass and guitar seemed to be behind most of the ****-ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Setlist from last night -

enjoyed that, few false starts and a few technical hitches but still a decent gig.

I'd say a few words were exchanged backstage after, bass and guitar seemed to be behind most of the ****-ups

A few angry words seemed to be exchanged between Jim and William on stage.

Really enjoyed the gig. First time seeing them and even enjoyed the words exchanged between the 2 brothers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement