Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus & Mary Chain - Vicar St 31st July

Options
  • 18-07-2014 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

according to their twitter

Jesus And Mary Chain ‏TheMaryChain 33m

Secret Irish show.We are playing Dublin’s Vicar Street on 31st July 2014.Tickets on sale 10am today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

just bought a ticket, link didn't go live till 10

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database.

Live now. Just got 2. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Mate just texted me said they are on sale picked one up get them while you can this will sell out

Cannot wait.... I am happy when it rains:)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Nice one, ticket purchased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Just got a ticket, ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Tickets sorted. Possibly would have preferred them at EP, but Vicar Street is a great venue for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Got a ticket just now. I not entirely sure but I think they may be playing Psychocandy in full, which would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Tickets sorted. Possibly would have preferred them at EP, but Vicar Street is a great venue for this gig.

In 2007 they clashed with the Beastie Boys:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

just bought ticket, hope they sound better than the did at the electric picnic, no feedback guitars at all down there, or maybe the wind was affecting sound quality??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Suas11 wrote: »
    Got a ticket just now. I not entirely sure but I think they may be playing Psychocandy in full, which would be brilliant.

you are indeed correct-should be crackin'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Bought two tickets immediately when I heard this.
    Should be cracking! Especially in a 'small' indoor venue where they can hear the sound better than at EP. Expect walls of noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I don't think it had anything to do with sound quality at EP, there simply was no feedback. Shockingly poor gig imo. Willing to give them another chance though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Suas11 wrote: »

It's not the album set it's a greatest hits set, they are actually rehearsing in Dublin for the week before it.
    This is according to Alan McGee.

nm wrote: »
    It's not the album set it's a greatest hits set, they are actually rehearsing in Dublin for the week before it.

I hope this proves to be true. I'd be a slightly bigger fan of Darklands, so I hope that gets a good going over.

nm wrote: »

That would make sense; if they played Psychocandy straight it'd only take 40mins.
    Then again their early gigs were (in)famously short.
    For a band known as a 'noise' band they have a lot of great quiet tunes.

One of my favs-

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A have a ...friend. ..yeah...that will suck for a ticket to this......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I hope this proves to be true. I'd be a slightly bigger fan of Darklands, so I hope that gets a good going over.

Was up on McGee's facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

but are they not meant to be audience testing the "psychocandy" gigs later in the year in the uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

dinneenp wrote: »
    That would make sense; if they played Psychocandy straight it'd only take 40mins.
    Then again their early gigs were (in)famously short.

They've probably play Psychocandy in full and then play a second set of other songs. That's what some bands do when they're playing an album from start to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

any mention of a support to this yet?

A have a ...friend. ..yeah...that will suck for a ticket to this......

Tickets still available, but if she's hot, I'm sure we can come to an arrangment....

How has this gig not sold out in a few days?
    CANNOT WAIT

I was reading who the support was yesteday, and now I can't find it anywhere. Young Irish band...

Anyone waiting for tickets from Ticketmaster still? Mine hasn't arrived yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I was reading who the support was yesteday, and now I can't find it anywhere. Young Irish band...

Ghost Estates

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

blastman wrote: »
    Anyone waiting for tickets from Ticketmaster still? Mine hasn't arrived yet.....

Mine has just arrived...better late than never!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

As good a day as any to work my way through The Power of Negative Thinking...

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

and Black Tambourine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

Wouldn't be surprised to see Shane MacGowan appear for 'God help me'!

Advertisement