Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Pregnancy Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    The country prices make us sick...we're looking at a 2 bed for €1150 and that's us maxed out rent wise! It's disgraceful really:-(

Also on the pads theyll give you a bunch at a time in hospital if you ask for them so I had a few to spare for when I came home and then moved onto the tesco maternity pads!
    I've bought some of mat. pads, some of Tena incontinence pads and few packs of Always night but not the great amounts because I don't know what's gonna work for me the best. I'll buy more when I find out what I'll need.

Re: rent prices: yeah they've gone insane in Dublin and commuter towns. We're lucky because we bought 3 years ago when the prices were low and now our mortgage is half of the what rent is in our area :eek: I haven't worked for almost two years now (went back to college), so there's absolutely no income from my side but we're living very comfortably on my OH wage. I can't wait until I can look for a job but first the baby has to be born :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Baba is only 4 months and MIL has started spouting about when ill go again. Ive a 2 yr old girl and 4 month old boy. Had bad spd during pregnancy and even continued after. Was only signed off from physio about 2 weeks ago. Im terrified of being pregnant so dont rrally think ill have another. MILs reply " ah sure i had 4 and 2 of them were bigger than him." " Eh its not tge size of baba it was hormonal" " . Sure i had a smaller gap between mine. " Then she pipes out " they dont make women like they used too" GRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yea my baba is 3 months and that's all I got Saturday.. Then I got oh you can't have uneven numbers you'll need to go a forth time.. I just said I'm going on the pill!!

This will be my first Christmas where I won't have a bump in 2 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I'm definitely taking a break! I'd kill my MIL if she said that to me Suucee. SS this is the first Xmas in 2 years I'll be able to enjoy. T was born late November so I was still big at Xmas and couldn't fit my dresses or drink as I was bfing. Last Xmas I was pregnant. This Xmas I'm gonna go nuts!!!

Oh yea I can safely drink this year as both mine go to bed at half 7 and don't see them till 8 am.. Also looking forward to hubby been off!

I'm doing santy next month when lucy's christening is out of the way..

• Advertisement

as both mine go to bed at half 7 and don't see them till 8 am..

Jealous is not the word!!!! Lilly was up from 4-6am last night! Hubby not in good form today to say the least! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Suucee wrote: »
    Baba is only 4 months and MIL has started spouting about when ill go again. Ive a 2 yr old girl and 4 month old boy. Had bad spd during pregnancy and even continued after. Was only signed off from physio about 2 weeks ago. Im terrified of being pregnant so dont rrally think ill have another. MILs reply " ah sure i had 4 and 2 of them were bigger than him." " Eh its not tge size of baba it was hormonal" " . Sure i had a smaller gap between mine. " Then she pipes out " they dont make women like they used too" GRRRR

I have the opposite, MIL telling me "This will be your last now", you shouldn't have any more! ehh that's my descision thanks very much . She said this when I was pregnant on my second (Now 2 yr old) last time. By the by Im due a c section in 4 weeks and seriously considering getting my tubes tied during it.

They sleep all night because there both live wires am kept going all day with them.. Jack eats like there's no tomorrow but his trousers is getting looser think he's growing up not out and been so active he's burning it off lol.. Wish I could.

tishandy wrote: »
    I have the opposite, MIL telling me "This will be your last now", you shouldn't have any more! ehh that's my descision thanks very much . She said this when I was pregnant on my second (Now 2 yr old) last time. By the by Im due a c section in 4 weeks and seriously considering getting my tubes tied during it.

I defo want a third but thats as far as I'll go so prob do the same as you.. But I wouldn't take to anyone saying this is your last.. I get the whole you have one of each so no more, there gobsmacked when I say no 1 more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Well I had my 2nd little girl almost 3weeks ago and everyone who comes to visit say to me you will have to go again for the boy my stitches are not even healed yet x I would love a 3Rd baby but my eldest is not even 2yet think I wil wait till she starts school before I think about it again

• Advertisement

Yea that's what I'm doing too.. I've the pill waiting to be taken! If I've not got caught yet..!!
    But some day down the line I will go again if I'm blessed

Yea it's made. All my in laws are like, uve one of each now so that's it for u? And I'm like well no... Is actually like a couple more if we are fortunate enough. I don't get why people make assumptions like that!

My little boy is an absolute lunatic SS... That prob why he sleeps from 7.30 till 8. But wee girl is usually very placid during the day which could be why she's awake at night :(

My mum has been saying thats it since she found out no 2 was a boy when i was pregnant. I always wanted 3 but niw she thinks im listenibg to her but its more to do with not wanting to be pregnant again. . Id have loads if i didnt have to be pregnant.

Oh I would have loads but 3 is plenty.. Don't want to end up driving a bus! Its hard enough with two so young my boots not big enough were looking at alternatives this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

With ya on that suucee! I told husband it's his turn to go through a pregnancy next if he wants anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Is anyone else's tailbone wrecked from labour? Mine gets really sore now if I sit on it for a while, especially when I go to stand up!

Is it if your sitting for a long time that your tail bone is sore? Can't say mine is sore my hips/ pelvis is sore though only when I'm in bed x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Feeling like a blimp today. Weight gone (nearly 5 months on before anyone has a heart attack), but am just still so blobby around the tummy. Very self conscious on the beach in this nice weather. Hid in the water mainly, because I'm a hippo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Is it if your sitting for a long time that your tail bone is sore? Can't say mine is sore my hips/ pelvis is sore though only when I'm in bed x

Yeah! Googled it and seems to be common enough....my pelvis can be a bit stiff especially when Im just out of bed!

Also rubbing my eye tonight and 4 or 5 lashes came out...may be hair loss beginning!

None of that's important though, our baba has ultrasound on his kidneys tomo as the levels were a little high in them during pregnancy but rotunda said it can be common in boys and didnt seem concerned so will hopefully be perfect!

Also he had a weigh in with community nurse today which went great but she thought his tongue looked very white and said we may need to get him checked for oral thrush:-(

Ah the poor thing hopefully the scan will be ok fingers and toes crossed xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

My baby is 7 weeks old and I'm broody. Wtf is wrong with me!

Don't worry its normal happened me so now I've 2!! Only 12 months between em

Yep me three! But I'm gonna try and wait this time!

I'm trying to wait but I'm already late :O

I'm trying to wait but I'm already late :O

Omg!!!! R u gonna test?? I did a test last weekend... Negative. I didn't hunk I could be pregnant but was feeling really nauseous in the mornings. But I haven't got my period back yet. Going to try and make it till Xmas so I can go nuts tho! Lol

I'm 2 days late so I'll buy a test tomorrow and test Sunday if they ain't come.. Mine came back after 8 weeks so this will be my second.. Have the pill ready to start was going on it till Xmas

Girls I was like that after my 1st had to restrain myself though as we were getting married 7months after she was born but once we were married that was it we started trying again took 6months but now have 2beautiful girls Rachel will be 2next month and a 3week old and already know I want a 3Rd little bundle of joy xx

We said when I was due my second we want just 1 more

Synsyter could you be heading for a record April 13,14 15?. Test . Im actually dying to know.
    That reminded me wasnt january a little worried recently too?

• Advertisement

O girls! SS so exciting! Would you be ok about being pregnant so soon tho? I'm really enjoying not being pregnant! But Im very broody all the same.

Betsy that's what we did! Had number one planned to come exactly 6 months before wedding so I could fit into dress! Lol.. I wanted another one after 3 months but waited coz we were getting married. Got married May 25th... Conceived in June :)

Advertisement