Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2014 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Slowly but surely,
    I completed Tearaway yesterday and what a lovely game it was too.
    Probably the most beautiful game I've played in some time, as good looking as Puppeteer, and while since say short I found it to be the perfect length.

Yes, it really was an excellent game. There was just something about that was so pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

H3aler wrote: »
    Metro Last light was a boring game-- Don't waste your time

Wat!?!?

Edit: Just had a quick browse through your posting history and you are now on my ignore list! Although I expect you'll be banned soon a anyway.

I'm adding to my list for 2014.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [3DS]
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [PS4]
    Ratchet & Clank: Nexus [PS3]
    DmC [PS3]
    Luigi's Mansion 2 [3DS]
    Mass Effect 3: Leviathan [PS3]
    Mass Effect 3: Citadel [PS3]
    Battlefield 4 [PS4]

Adding:
    Strider [PS4] - Took me just over 7 hours to finish and at that I felt it was overstaying its welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Well im just over half way through it and its been excellent so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭H3aler

tyrion1234 wrote: »
    Well im just over half way through it and its been excellent so far.
    If you had played games like Call of duty ghosts, you would not say this-- After playing good action games, this games seems boring-- but it is good to keep heart amused for people who can't purchase expensive games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just finished Torchlight 2. Fantastic game....

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Just completed Bioshock 2. Excellent way to top off a paddys day. Excellent game, can't fault it.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    DmC [PS3]
    Luigi's Mansion 2 [3DS]
    Battlefield 4 [PS4]
    Strider [PS4]

Adding:
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons [PS3] - Apart from a game breaking bug I quite enjoyed it. It goes to some pretty dark places too which is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

If you had played games like Call of duty ghosts, you would not say this-- After playing good action games, this games seems boring-- but it is good to keep heart amused for people who can't purchase expensive games :)

Actually i have Ghosts, exact same call of duty game as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that etc. I like to play games that actually have some substance to them, not a generic, mindless shooter like cod.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭H3aler

tyrion1234 wrote: »
    Actually i have Ghosts, exact same call of duty game as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that etc. I like to play games that actually have some substance to them, not a generic, mindless shooter like cod.

Have you played Castle vania lord of shadows 2 -- It is amazing game ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Adding Shadow Warrior (2013)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I finished Split Second. It was a pretty good arcade style racer, got a bit tedious towars the end but as a game you can jump into it was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I finished Split Second. It was a pretty good arcade style racer, got a bit tedious towars the end but as a game you can jump into it was fun.

Where did you get it? I've been waiting for a sale but it never happens :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Got it in Playstation plus for free last month

Just completed Bioshock 2. Excellent way to top off a paddys day. Excellent game, can't fault it.
    Don't miss out on Minerva's Den DLC.

It's better than the main game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Got myself a PS3 around Christmas so I've really been indulging in older games for PS3. So far I have finished:
    Heavy Rain: (wow, breathtaking game that was part of the reason I sold my Xbox and moved to ps3, I previously watched a playthrough online but playing it myself was incredible. A damn near perfect game for me!)

L.A Noire: another game I was very struck by. Sometimes I found the story repetitive but the style and atmosphere were great! Where is the sequel?!!!

Bioshock Infinite: I rushed this and I really shouldn't have, needs a replay. I fell in love with the story and setting though. Beautiful game!

Ni No Kuni: wrath of the white witch:
    I think this may have fallen a bit under the radar here but this PS3 exclusive was from the Studio Ghibli studio. If anyone of you has heard if them and likes their work (spirited away, my neighbour totoro) then I HIGHLY recommend. The story is childlike and beautiful in its innocence. The game itself is a work of art, easily rising to one of the most gorgeous games I have ever played and the gameplay can only be described as Pokemon on crack. Great fun! Down points were perhaps the JRPG style which I wouldn't be a massive fan of but it's worth gettin past.

I also played the first few episodes from the wolf among us and the walking dead season 2 from telltale. Impressed with both especially the wolf among us. Atmosphere is electric in that game it's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Don't miss out on Minerva's Den DLC.

It's better than the main game.

Cheers, I'll wait until it's on a steam sale or some similar sale. Also cleared To The Moon this year, completely forgot about that. Picked it up as part of a humble bundle and my god it's a very heartwarming change to the type of games I play.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Zelda: ALBW
    Tomb Raider
    Hotline Miami
    Crysis 3
    InFamous 2
    Pokemon X
    Far Cry 3
    Bioshock 2

Adding:
    Guacamelee - Brilliant game, so much charm and I'm a big fan of the Metroidvania set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Where did you get it? I've been waiting for a sale but it never happens :(

Got it here: http://www.xvmarketplace.ie/4-for-15-PS3-Games/plc/Movies-Games/4-for-15-ps3/OrderBy/name/asc/Page/6/Size/20

Caveat emptor! (look up thread in bargain deals forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

PS3

GTA V
    Rain
    Remember Me
    The Last of Us
    Hitman Absolution

Adding:
    Assasin's Creed Liberation HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can add me to the list of those who've completed Link Between Worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

_Godot_ wrote:
    I beat Professor Layton and Pandora's Box. Good game. Now I feel like I need to pick up the third game.

I have beaten 3 more games: Yousei, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 4 and Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Katie1289 wrote: »
    Got myself a PS3 around Christmas so I've really been indulging in older games for PS3. So far I have finished:
    Heavy Rain: (wow, breathtaking game that was part of the reason I sold my Xbox and moved to ps3, I previously watched a playthrough online but playing it myself was incredible. A damn near perfect game for me!)

Iv'e had this on the back burner for a few weeks. I didn't want to play it until i finished Fahrenheit. (I know there's no in-story connection, but it will hopefully give me a feel fot how Heavy Rain, and later Beyond: Two Souls will play) Anyway, Heavy Rain is my next step.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    DmC [PS3]
    Luigi's Mansion 2 [3DS]
    Battlefield 4 [PS4]
    Strider [PS4]
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons [PS3]

Adding:
    Steamworld Dig [VITA] - I really enjoyed this game. I like the design of the world and the just the simple act of mining is nice and relaxing. The game is tough in parts until you realise the trick is not to save up your money but to spend it on whatever you can afford at the time. The only downside is the length. The ending was quite abrupt and finished it in just over 5 hours.

sin0city wrote: »
    PS3

GTA V
    Rain
    Remember Me
    The Last of Us
    Hitman Absolution
    Assasin's Creed Liberation HD

Adding:
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - Tight call between The Last of Us and Brothers for best game I've played so far this year.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]
    The Last of Us [PS3]
    DmC [PS3]
    Luigi's Mansion 2 [3DS]
    Battlefield 4 [PS4]
    Strider [PS4]
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons [PS3]
    Steamworld Dig [VITA]

Adding:
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine [PS3] - I picked this game up a couple of weeks ago for only €7 as I had heard that it was actually a decent game. Turns out people were right, it is more than decent. I would say this game is actually better than the film, which admittedly isn't that hard. The combat is fun, the cut-scenes are actually very good and it is just a lot of fun. There are some bad technical issues (horrible framerate at times, catching on objects in the environment, camera issues) and the game is too long. Bar those short-comings it is a very good mid-tier game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 EVOL1991

GTA V. It took me a while to get into it because I wasn't good at flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Finished in 2014:

Nexus 7

- Swordigo: cool little platformer, worked well on the tablet
    - The Room: puzzle game that everyone seems to have played!
    - Kingdom Rush: enjoyable tower defense

PC

- Guacamelee: absolutely awesome, one of my favourite games of the past few years
    - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: this was exceptional, a great gaming experience
    - Crysis Warhead: enjoyable for what it was, very similar to the original Crysis, VERY short, completed it in about five hours
    - (NEW) Mass Effect 3: was pretty good but not a patch on the first two in terms of the plot, which let's be honest is the most important part of these games. Just didn't feel as 'cinematic', despite saving the entire known universe this time!

Currently working on New Super Mario Bros. U (co-op campaign with the wife) on the Wii U, Rayman Origins (again, co-op with the wife) on the PC and have started Bit.Trip presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien on the PC as well; it's a bit weird to have three platformers on the go at the same time! Will start a bigger game on the PC in the aftermath of Mass Effect 3 being in the bag; need to decide between Assassin's Creed II or Darksiders, any thoughts?

ionapaul wrote: »
    need to decide between Assassin's Creed II or Darksiders, any thoughts?

I'd say Assasin's Creed II. Darksiders is good, it's a hack and slash with some puzzle solving. I thought it was okay and got about half way through it before I got bored.

Assasin's Creed II, on the other hand, is one of my favourite games of all time and arguably the best in the series. Parkour, excellent combat, beautiful cities like Florence that feel alive and are packed with historical info, the villa, the story, assasinations and Ezio. I've seen it on a few top 100 games of all time lists and it well deserves to be there in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Zelda a link between world's 3ds
    Mario kart 7 3ds
    Luigis mansion dark moon 3ds
    Battlefield 4 Xbox 360
    Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d 3ds

Assassins Creed 3 Xbox360
    Metro 2033 Xbox360
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village Ds

Advertisement