Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testicular Cancer

Options
  • 29-05-2011 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever go to a doctor after they found a lump?

What did they do?

What happened?

Very curious as to what the procedure is after finding a lump.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

also not sure if this is in the right section...

any input appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭superrdave

i had a scare once.

I went to the doctor and they examined it themselves and told me it was probably only a cyst. I was then sent for an ultrasound, less than one week later, with the gel and all that, where the nurse (old) confirmed it was only a cyst that would disappear all by itself (it did)

in short, do it and don't be embarrassed about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If you've found something GO! get it checked.

They can usually just do an ultrasound (totally non-invasive/not painful) to rule anything out.

After that, I'm not entirely sure but I'm sure they can do blood tests etc etc

Most of the time it's nothing, but it's just not worth risking and the cure rate is really high even if it is cancerous, so just get it checked a.s.a.p. if there is a lump.

If it's something else, probably worth getting that seen to anyway!

Incidentally, there's a policy of no medical advice on this forum -

So go to your doctor!

It's not very embarrassing and your doctor will have seen everything before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

It may not be as bad as you think and testicular cancer is one explanation and there are others.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056256048

But get it checked asap because untreated TT is a killer but if its ine if the other conditions why torture yourself .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I'm not really happy to leave this thread open.

op, if you have found a lump go get it checked out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement