Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

yes yes...d4rk onion is the lord of photoshop...moving on...

Where is my shiny avatar?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

sarcasm will get you no avatars, now praise me, without the bite, and we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    sarcasm will get you no avatars, now praise me, without the bite, and we'll see!

D4RK ONION, you have nice taste in clothes.:)

Y'know, I always thought so! In my avatar i'm wearing my GLADoS hoodie from portal, and i do love my nerdy tshirts! Now, all you have to do Eddy, is subscribe to boards, and i'll make you an avatar, otherwise you can't have one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Am I the only one wondering why there are no hand sanitizer units in Summerville? Is swine flu somehow scared of Summerville and avoiding it at all costs???

• Advertisement

In my avatar i'm wearing my GLADoS hoodie from portal

and whose camera did you take that photo with? hmmm?:p
    swine flu somehow scared of Summerville
    yes, yes it is...

Honestly though I haven't noticed that, have no lectures in that building for some peculiar reason. The prefabs also lack hand sanitisers for some reason

Probably because adding them would make them structurally unsound :p

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Y'know, I always thought so! In my avatar i'm wearing my GLADoS hoodie from portal, and i do love my nerdy tshirts! Now, all you have to do Eddy, is subscribe to boards, and i'll make you an avatar, otherwise you can't have one!

I have no idea what you're talking about.
    RonMexico wrote: »
    Am I the only one wondering why there are no hand sanitizer units in Summerville? Is swine flu somehow scared of Summerville and avoiding it at all costs???

Swine flu cannot navigate the maze-like corridors of Summerville.

You have to be a sub (like me) or a Mod (like An File) to use custom avatars. The rest of you can use the set list of avatars. At the top of the screen there go boards.ie>User settings>Edit Avatar

so how did you manage to become a 'sub'?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Options for subscribing, click here.

hmmm I don't know if its worth paying money to have a custom avatar...

Wired FM is back on air today!!
    99.9FM!!!

Just tuned in..great to have it back:D

streaming is still not working because they need to wait for the mary i tech guy to come back from sick leave...:(

That does suck. I'm looking forward to being able to listen to wired anywhere though!

By the way, subbing also gets you 4 shiny stars, an access to the sub forum, the ability to have your username changed and access to the sex and sexuality forum (awesome). See, lots of reasons to do it ciarraiochone

streaming is still not working because they need to wait for the mary i tech guy to come back from sick leave...:(

Aw, what?! Surely we could just fool about with it. If it comes to it we could always read a manual or something.

But, yeah, it's great to be back on air. The new show is infinitely more popular than last years. We got a text yesterday, I got none last year. We have fans!!!

I'm not mad into the name an Bosca Draíochta, by the way, Ciarraioch1. It's good but not great. An Bosca Torannach or Glór Nua or something, perhaps? Then again, the méid Gaeilge a bhí á rá agat was minimal, tut tut tut. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Eh, when did 'Mary I' get a sticky?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Well I suggested it on this thread at the start of September (don't know why I, or anyone else didn't think of it sooner to be honest), and going by the thread DJCR knows a few of the UL mods personally and he/she (no offence DJCR) suggested it to them later on. Thankfully PETEE took it on board (no pun intended), and woila, Mary I now has it's own sticky. I'm not in the college anymore myself (doing a postgrad in UL), but it's nice to see how things are going around the place.

Took me to go away and things get done eh?!!:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Took me to go away and things get done eh?!!:D

So, what's your story? Most of us have introduced ourselves :)

I'm not mad into the name an Bosca Draíochta, by the way, Ciarraioch1. It's good but not great. An Bosca Torannach or Glór Nua or something, perhaps? Then again, the méid Gaeilge a bhí á rá agat was minimal, tut tut tut.

I'm still not set on a name...I had people texting in suggestions..So I'll prob end up changing the name again!

And I had more irish at the start, just difficult to have a chat on your own...
    Good effort on your part though :D

That is so like, 2 weeks ago or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

ok i finally remembered to check this place out.... nothing like tp prep to remind you of all those time consuming things you have forgotten to do!!
    3rd year B.Ed by the way....

Welcome earleuginedoyle! Plenty of 3rd years in here. How goes the prep?

Ouh, Home TP looming eh?!!
    Distant memory thankfully!:)

eugh, prep not going so well, it's so easy to get distracted!! how about the rest of you? many other 3rd B.Eds??

I'm a member 3rd Year B.Ed! :)

What group are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

i'm in group 4! you?

Group 3.
    D4RK Onion's in group 7.

yeah, i know who he is, he told me to join this place! how goes tp prep? what class do you have?

I'm amazing like that! I have a 4th class. They seem nice enough! I've told so many people to join this thread at this point, I'm not sure I know who you are!

• Advertisement

aha but i know who you are, so you will have to guess! :p
    how goes prep?

Advertisement