Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!) Mod warning in post #1

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thread Closed pending review....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Right the madness goes on but I want to make it clear that this threads isnt exempt from the rules and is not a platform to have a go at others.

This is already a very busy forum from a mods point of view so don't make this thread an unneccary burden...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

whayhey!., first in after the re open., :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd we're back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

IATL! In AFTER the lock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Wahey!
    Gatlings Baby is reborn! lol:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

GOOOOOOOOOOOODMORNING SKIRMISHNAM,

it lives ,

people heed the warings keeps the flaming outside,

right, come on in, wipe ya feet, grab a mug, grab the teabags., settle in and chillaxxxxx

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Right i'll go put the kettle on so

Who's having sugar?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

i dont suppose some one found or picked up a pair of british Dpm woodland Trousers not last week but the weekend before on the sunday:D

• Advertisement

i dunno but i saw a vest in te office? think its tickners though, or it could be for sale?

Ask Paul...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

vtec wrote: »
    i dunno but i saw a vest in te office? think its tickners though, or it could be for sale?
    yep thats Tickners
    NakedDex wrote: »
    Ask Paul...

Did nothing just thought id ask everyone else

thanks anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Who's got the cookies!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Don't worry lads, I'll be at HRTA again in a week and half, with more cookies. Maybe even good ones, this time ;)

Not that I think there's anything wrong with Tesco cookies, mind you.

Not a whole lot right with them either.

Either you turn up with something more akin to Marks & Spencers cookies or you'll be suffering the wrath of Loki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Vsr has been in customs for 7 days now and still no sign of postman Pat... Was really hoping to use it on the weekend but looks like that's not going to happen... how long do guns usually spend in customs?

Anything from a few hours to a few years depending on how they feel and whether or not they forgot where they left it. They clearly don't get paid based on package throughput, it's wildly unpredictable.

For what it's worth, my last package through customs took 2 days on top of the 3 days it took to deliver via An Post. The previous one took 2 weeks in customs. No explanation as to why.

Remember, too, that your time includes a bank holiday weekend and a national festival. A lot of packages are sent to and from Ireland around St. Patricks day to and from family abroad for the day thats in it. You'd be surprised how busy it can be.

it might have been sent for testing by the cops., there even slower.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

zero19 wrote: »
    So i'm looking for a cheap ass tent for the game in Galway in April, half tempted to get this one lol http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=30001&partNumber=3400755

Well I just picked up this tent. Two things...

1. It's not very portable. Folds up into a large disk with a diameter if about 2.6 feet (30 inches, 75cm). There is no way to carry this in a backpack.

2. Takes about 5 seconds to erect the tent. Packing it away is a right pain in the backside. Instructions are poor and it takes a fair amount of effort.

Can't complain for the price, but not a great tent.

• Advertisement

Well I just picked up this tent. Two things...

1. It's not very portable. Folds up into a large disk with a diameter if about 2.6 feet (30 inches, 75cm). There is no way to carry this in a backpack.

2. Takes about 5 seconds to erect the tent. Packing it away is a right pain in the backside. Instructions are poor and it takes a fair amount of effort.

Can't complain for the price, but not a great tent.
    Thats a bit crap man...

Not a whole lot right with them either.

Either you turn up with something more akin to Marks & Spencers cookies or you'll be suffering the wrath of Loki.

Arrgh, a mildly witty retort, but the thread has moved on. As it does.

In a week and a half, I'll bring Really Good Biscuits, just for you. And a can of whup-ass, also for you. ;) Were you even there to eat those cookies?

lol., im not known to be picky., tesco bikkies will do me.,:D

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Arrgh, a mildly witty retort, but the thread has moved on. As it does.

In a week and a half, I'll bring Really Good Biscuits, just for you. And a can of whup-ass, also for you. ;) Were you even there to eat those cookies?

No but it's the thought that counts!

vtec wrote: »
    lol., im not known to be picky., tesco bikkies will do me.,:D
    That's the spirit!
    No but it's the thought that counts!
    You see Mr. Dex? Some people are happy with a cookie no matter what it's upbringing. What we all really want is an honest cookie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE. This is the first time I have ever done this. What fun hoho

Don't worry lads, I'll be at HRTA again in a week and half, with more cookies. Maybe even good ones, this time ;)

Not that I think there's anything wrong with Tesco cookies, mind you.

that was you ,cool have a name to the face now,

cooooookies gooooood:D:D:D

Gatling wrote: »
    that was you ,cool have a name to the face now,

cooooookies gooooood:D:D:D

There you go lads, I'm the cookie guy! (Talk about buying your way into the organisation) Maybe I should change my username to 'Cookie guy'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Redwolf got me back my 130€, paypal are useless, that is all.

• Advertisement

I was thinking they'd see you right, i absolutely hate Paypal, it's an awful system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Now I just have a 1000€ laptop to replace, hurrah!

I've 4 days off now, and I'm slacking sooo much at work today. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I just found a couple of old yo-yo's while doing a spot of tidying in my old bedroom, forget this airsoft malarkey, yo-yo's for the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Make sure to wear eye protection when using yo-yos
    You'd be surprised......

tell me about it, i remember cracking a friend of mine in the face with a yo-yo when i was a kid, it looked sore

Edit: accidentally of course

- future mod-bbs firing yo-yo

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    - future mod-bbs firing yo-yo

If you put bb's in between each side of the yoyo, they would then be expelled at speed when you used the yoyo. The string unravelling would propel the bb's out from the disk.

<---runs off to file a patent. Hell, at the very least the japaneese will use it.

the room clearing yo-yo .

genius.

now pass the cookies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

bb yo-yos, sounds like a horrible idea, what they're on a string and come flying back at you!??!?!

I remember the Yo-yo fad...Ah memories lol

zero19 wrote: »
    I remember the Yo-yo fad...Ah memories lol

Was that with the Coca-Cola, Fanta, etc branded yo-yos? Bright colours, thick white rims? That was mid-eighties, I think. I was in 6th class or thereabouts.

• Advertisement

Mid-nineties too. There was some guy called Johan that was the world yo-yo champion (I'd love to know how that happened) but they insisted on calling him Yo-Hands for advertising.

Was that with the Coca-Cola, Fanta, etc branded yo-yos? Bright colours, thick white rims? That was mid-eighties, I think. I was in 6th class or thereabouts.
    I was only a wee nipper back then, mid nineties for me lol

hahah., remember the yo yo craze in the mid 90s., i used to love going to christies on mary street, he had all the coca cola ones and everything.,:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

sorry fellow airsofters, i know ye will love this, just had to share it...absolutely tears in your eyes priceless...

*/Subject:/* An actual letter to the Canadian passport office....

Dear Mr. Minister,
    I'm in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe this. How is it that Radio Shack has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a t.v. cable from them back in 1997, and yet, the Federal Government is still asking me where I was born and on what date. For Christ sakes, do you guys do this by hand? My birth date you have on my social insurance card, and it is on all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 30 years. It is on my health insurance card, my driver's license, on the last eight goddamn passports I've had, on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off the planes over the last 30 years, and all those insufferable census forms that are done at election times.Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother's name is Maryanne, my father's name is Robert and I'd be absolutely astounded if that ever changed between now and when I die!!!!!! ****! I apologize, Mr. Minister. I'm really pissed off this morning.. Between you an' me, I've had enough of this bull****! You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my ****in' address. What is going on? You have a gang of Neanderthals assholes workin' there! Look at my damn picture. Do I look like Bin Laden? I don't want to dig up Yasser Arafat, for **** sakes. I just want to go and park my ass on a sandy beach. And would someone please tell me, why would you give a **** whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days? If I ever got the urge to do something weird to a chicken or a goat, believe you me, I'd sure as hell not want to tell anyone! Well, I have to go now, 'cause I have to go to the other end of the city and get another ****in' copy of my birth certificate, to the tune of $60 !!! Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day?? Nooooo, that'd be too damn easy and maybe make sense. You'd rather have us running all over the ****in' place like chickens with our heads cut off, then find some asshole to confirm that it's really me on the goddamn picture - you know, the one where we're not allowed to smile?! (****in' morons) Hey, you know why we can't smile? We're totally pissed off!

Signed - An Irate ****ing Canadian Citizen

.P.S. Remember what I said above about the picture and getting someone to confirm that it's me? Well, my family has been in this country since 1776 when one of my forefathers took up arms against the Americans. I have served in the military for something over 30 years and have had security clearances up the yingyang. I was aide de camp to the lieutenant governor of our province for ten years and I have been doing volunteer work for the RCMP for about five years. However, I have to get someone 'important' to verify who I am - you know, someone like my doctor WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN COMMUNIST ****ing CHINA !!! Hamilton , Ontario
    Canada

strangely...i know exactly how he feels!!! LOL!!!

Poor guy. Governments suck...all of them.

yup, mid-90s too, i have a coca-cola branded one and also an Opal Fruits one :)

I had a skittles one with a clutch. The pinnacle of yo-yo development, the clutch. I still don't know what it does. I didn't even know yo-yo's had gears

kdouglas wrote: »
    yup, mid-90s too, i have a coca-cola branded one and also an Opal Fruits one :)

jaysuz!, remember open fruits!., later starburst., didnt have the same ring to it though.,

Opal fruits were the s**t, starburst? sounds like a bloody transformer lol

opal fruits /starburst.

red and the greens are the best flavours,

80's sweeties,

Highland toffee bars,
    Time bars ,
    Wham bars ,
    Macaroons
    wig-wams ,ice pop thingys more oftend sold as a drink,
    Dan Bars.