Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mercury 10hp thunderbolt

Options
  • 26-04-2015 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Are these reliable engines. I know there old but can parts still be got think its a blueband .anything to watch out for with these engines.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Like anything it all depends on how the last owners look after it :) With the use of the internet you will be able to get any parts that you can't get in your local marine shop. I have about 4 bluebands and find them great little engines but then again I like mercury the next guy that comes along might tell you to use it as an anchor and get a johnson :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭daveville30

are Mercury fairly decent engine s though dont mind the older engine's as long as there reliable.what makes would u stay away from

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

They are a good engine just go on any of the sites like done deal or adverts.ie and you will see more old merc's on boats than any of the other make of engine that been said I also have old evinrude's, johnson's and seagulls that run like new so like I said it all depends on how they were looked after and if they were used in salt water.

Advertisement