Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Irish Accent?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭itouchmyself

The deepest Belfast accent on a good looking Woman hmm!!! Duuurty!!
    I think its down to if the person is attractive the accent just makes it better if you fancy them.
    Like the Cork and Kerry accent are obviously the worst accents in possibly the world!! But I met a girl from there that made it sexy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

north dublin! yeah please :)

dublin accents are horrific and scary things, reach for the pepper spray whenever i hear them/ see them about to rob me...

id say donegal on a girl anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Thunderkill

dublin accents are horrific and scary things, reach for the pepper spray whenever i hear them/ see them about to rob me...

id say donegal on a girl anyway...

had a boyfriend from north dublin, it changed it for me forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

monellia wrote: »
    I think that we in Clare and Galway have the most accentless accents in the world. Unless you're in a cultchie area, you'll find that these people are wonderfully lucid and clear in their manner of speaking. The only example I can think of right now is that Damien fella who used to present Den2... I don't think he was from the midwest but he had teh voice.

Yeah I didn't think we (Galway people) had an accent at all!

But according to my housemate who is from just outside Ennis, I have a Galway accent. WTF is a Galway accent?!

She has a Clare accent, there is definitely an accent there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jackbutler

I think they're all pretty damn nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

North Louth culchie accent hey!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

anyone listen to phantom at fm? the girl who finishes up her show at 1, what an accent:D

does anyone know what she looks like? oh holy crap when i hear it i tend to be in the gym and i go into a trance.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

There was a recent thread on here, where the Cavan accent was voted sexiest in Ireland.

There is your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

anyone listen to phantom at fm? the girl who finishes up her show at 1, what an accent:D

does anyone know what she looks like? oh holy crap when i hear it i tend to be in the gym and i go into a trance.

michelle doherty

http://www.phantom.ie/content/view/1699/472/

hot and the accent. feckin hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Doon na nowl... that's my bad virtual at the lovely Donegal accent, yum! A North Dublin accent can sound nice on the right fella as well, so long as it's not too nasally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

DubMedic wrote: »
    Not as thick (meaning heavy in this context , not stupid ) as i've heard them but none the less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUg-_eXyty0&feature=PlayList&p=2C9F449CBE5E150F&index=2

bejaysus, its michael!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

The only accents I don't like on birds are..

Dundawk - There seems to be no escaping that accent no matter how hard they try. horrific! :pac:
    Drawda - Most women are grand, few dodgy ones around though.
    Dubs - That real howiya luv - horrible. And those wannabe posh lot that I hear on the Dart. I think they are the worst.

Aside from that, most are grand.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

But according to my housemate who is from just outside Ennis, I have a Galway accent. WTF is a Galway accent?!

Jesus, dude, everybody thinks they dont have an accent. The Galway accent is clearly articulated, but it still has an accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

The only accents I don't like on birds are..

Dundawk - There seems to be no escaping that accent no matter how hard they try. horrific! :pac:
    Drawda - Most women are grand, few dodgy ones around though.
    Dubs - That real howiya luv - horrible. And those wannabe posh lot that I hear on the Dart. I think they are the worst.

Aside from that, most are grand.

Wow your a Drawda head, and dislike the Dundalk accent. Thats unusual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

i like my areas accent and antrim accents (now not that pathetic belfast accent it makes me scringe they say there like thar! they are more like people from county down they really dont have anything to do with people from antrim they dont talk like them at all!) i dislike derry accent they say wan and lik in every scentence!!! and dublins accent whichever one says three like tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

Limerick accent is the best! act angry and you can get anything u want! :D

from 26 secs!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pittens wrote: »
    Jesus, dude, everybody thinks they dont have an accent. The Galway accent is clearly articulated, but it still has an accent.

Calm down! :p

That's cool if we have an accent, I didn't think we did. I thought only Conemarra had any sort of distinguishable accent here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

lesbian accents are my favorite

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Northern Ireland is deadly on girls yup yup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Don't you mean the "dort" or "dortsh" ?? :)

I'm from Northern Ireland myself and I have to admit to having received more than one compliment about my accent from the female folk. But sure you have to use what God gives you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

In my experience rural Irish girls and foreign girls go for the Dublin accents. Seems to just melt them and make them jump in to bed with Dublin men.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

I like Northern accents. Apart from that the only Irish accent I like is South Dublin. Nothing grates more than a howaya bleedin dub accent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

hopalong85 wrote: »
    I like Northern accents. Apart from that the only Irish accent I like is South Dublin. Nothing grates more than a howaya bleedin dub accent.

Is it only them that says tree ?? I mean why can't they just pronouce it?? Ugh!! They sound to be like them lot from belfast ... And the tv put belfast ppl on tv then everyone thinks we go around speeking like that !!! By far!! Apparently we sound Scottish lol if that's the case we sound nothing like them.. My aunt says the same words as my Scottish he teacher aswell actually.. When did ppl down south say aye?? Is that a new thing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

i think middle class dublin accent is best. i dont like the d4 accent(a girl i fancy has it and i dont mind it on her but anyone else lol) and the less said about the 'working class' accent the better.

i know 'middle class' is broad but its the best way to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Mayo/Galway/Conemara :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The proper Dublin accent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement