Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed Food Deal - Dublin Area

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Tazzer wrote: »

4: WHEN PLACING ORDERS PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 3 – 4 WORKING DAYS FOR YOU DELIVERY.... DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND

http://www.chefsgardendirect.ie/top_category.php?top_id=22

This has now changed on their website to
    4: WHEN PLACING ORDERS PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 8 – 10 WORKING DAYS FOR YOU DELIVERY.... DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND

I am still not going to it order for a while, so hopefully things will have settled down by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭laurynsmam

I ordered this on Monday

Still waiting to hear back from them about a delivery date.

I have tried contacting office numerous times & have left messages on the mobile number provided. Still have had no call back..

Not very good impressions if they are trying to get new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

rain on wrote: »
    Yep my BF ordered one and they said it'd be there around 1pm, finally showed up at 6 when he had gone out. They said they'd come back the next day, haven't asked him yet if they actually did or not.

So this was supposed to be delivered around 1pm on Monday and just showed up now :eek: They also never answer their phone or return messages, as the post above me mentions. The food better be tasty..

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

It's going to be a costly "deal" for them if they turn up at people's houses who were expecting a delivery on another day/time and no one is home ... I suspect that might happen to me Friday but we will see ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I was speaking to them last Thursday and they were very very helpful on the phone. I do think they have taken a lot on though. My first impressions from the phone calls i had was excellent though, lets hope my food shows up on Thursday now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

their mistake was making the luxury ones so cheap
    should have just done the standard with a limit of 1,000, and done it again if sucessful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

rain on wrote: »
    So this was supposed to be delivered around 1pm on Monday and just showed up now :eek: They also never answer their phone or return messages, as the post above me mentions. The food better be tasty..

... don't keep us in suspense. Was it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

their mistake was making the luxury ones so cheap
    should have just done the standard with a limit of 1,000, and done it again if sucessful

Well considering the Groupon figures show worldwide waiting list of 42,000 merchants you dont really get that kind of luxury.

Secondly I personally wouldnt go near the standard one. I can source all that myself in tesco, few quid extra maybe but no hassle. Looked a waste of time to me, that's one potential customer lost, and considering their market is more niche and seems to be higher price for supposed higher end I cant imagine the same attraction appeal for future customers with that standard.

They gave groupon the limit, they take the commitment, its up to them to match it. I ordered Sunday under a supposed 4-5 day delivery time.I asked for it by Saturday. I've vistiors over the next day. If they do not come through on their word I can only imagine that this will be a disaster as annoyed people spread a bad word. This is really a business that can be made or ruined through word of mouth if enough people.

I really can't imagine the logistics of the deal they did, but thats their problem, they undertoook and should have thought it through.

In fairness to them the time and date selection is for normal purchases. It said 4-5 days and you are dreaming and unrealistic to expect a certain time. If they were thinking they would use a text based service to inform you when it was dispatched and when to expect it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

dvpower wrote: »
    ... don't keep us in suspense. Was it worth it?
    Not really according to the BF - apparently it sounds like a lot more on paper than it actually is, but it's not bad either. That's all the details he's currently forthcoming with

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Was going to order mine later this month, but since it takes up to 10 days to be delivered, I've ordered it now. Honestly, I didn't expect them to keep up with normal delivery standards, and the voucher is valid for 3 months so you have plenty of time to use it.
    Gives me some time to empty the freezer before the meat and fish come in.
    I'm pretty flexible with delivery times, I told them any day / any time but on the 2 days I'm working away. I hope they consider this because it would be a waste of time and resources for them to drive to people's houses when they specified they wouldn't be there

• Advertisement

Received mine today as promised. It is missing one steak though and there is chocolate cake instead of chocolates. Have tried to call their office number but it seems to be off the hook/dead. Sent them an email anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

mbroaders wrote: »
    Received mine today as promised. It is missing one steak though and there is chocolate cake instead of chocolates. Have tried to call their office number but it seems to be off the hook/dead. Sent them an email anyhow.

I have heard of others not getting the chocolates too. I wonder if they checked that their suppliers would be able for the demand also, esp small companies like the chocolate one.
    I've used them several times before this offer and I am cringing for them, they've made such a balls up of it

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Is the website down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Dinging

yes site down for me too.

Yep, me too "under maintenance".
    I hope they are not going to cancel the offer. Even if it comes in late and there are a few sustitutions, it is still great value!

Surprise Surprise, no delivery

Absolute cowboys in charge it seems.

Thats two offers form citydeal I've purchased. The first I had to demand a refund for overselling and now looks like the same this time.

Two offers from living social also and both were fantastic service.

I know citydeal are the big company but seems there's no criteria and the companies signing up with them might as well be Pegged Leg Henry going around with his shovel and wheelbarrow offering to tarmac my drive.

Good job Chefsgarden, you ensured Ill never shop with you and will give my 2 cents to anyone contemplating using you, to try and put them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

The site seems to be back up.

I thought they only delivered one steak. Turns out there are two steaks in the same pack! So if you get delivery and are worried about the steaks make sure to open to be sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Just got this - don't mind as I was holding off a few weeks before ordering!

“Mixed Food Selection (€32) or Luxury Food Selection (€44) Delivered To Your Door from Chefs Garden Direct (Up to 67% Off)” – important information.

We have important information for those of you yet to redeem your CityDeals at Chefs Garden Direct.

Due to the extreme popularity of this deal, you may experience a delay receiving your order from the partner. We’d like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Chefs Garden Direct’s small team is trying it’s hardest to get orders out as soon as possible. We’d like to thank you for your patience in the meantime.

We hope you enjoy your selection. As always, please visit www.citydeal.ie to see what other exciting deals are on offer in your city today.

Kind regards,

The Customer Service Team

It's good that they send updates at last. They should have done it earlier when they saw that they couldn't cope. Unfortunately, this will cost them thousands of potential customers because every unsatisfied customer will tell 10 of their friends on average to stay away from Chef Garden.
    I still think that it's a great offer and that they deserve some understanding.
    Waiting for my order to arrive within the next few weeks :)

• Advertisement

Anybody else having trouble with these cowboys?

Over 3 weeks later no delivery though I ordered on day one and was told 4-5 days.

Sent 3 emails and no reply from them either.

I think they believe they can simply rob my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Compak wrote: »
    Anybody else having trouble with these cowboys?

Over 3 weeks later no delivery though I ordered on day one and was told 4-5 days.

Sent 3 emails and no reply from them either.

I think they believe they can simply rob my money.

Yes, same here. I emailed citydeal/groupon today asking for a refund.

There's a thread about it in Consumer Issues:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056349291

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭laurynsmam

I also ended up cancelling my order yesterday and rang City Deal for a refund.

Again over 3 weeks waiting. Absolute joke. It's all well and good saying they were overwhelmed by the amount sold. But it doesn't take much to send a blanket email to all customers affected and keep them updated on a regular basis.

Wow didnt see the thread in consumer issues before

I know they say there is no such thing as bad publicity but this has to be the exception to the rule.

Who in their right mind would even order a head of cabbage from these people in the future. 2400 orders all words of mouth, so much for using citydeal boosting your business

Advertisement