Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus Live - RTPI iPhone App

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

dazmetron wrote: »
    Oh and bk, you make a good point although to add to this, the full name of recently viewed stops and nearby stops is shown in full on the dublinbuslive.com home page so this might make it easier to select the right stop. I do agree that repeating the page title at the top of the main body of the page would be a good idea as well though

You are right, but I keep my top two or three most frequently used stops opened as tabs, which is why I was looking for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

bk wrote: »
    Thanks, but on iPhone it still isn't clear.

With the iPhone safari browser, the title isn't displayed, you only see the title when you click on the tabs button and even then you see:

Dublin Bus Live ::: Upper Dru...

For the Upper Drumcondra Road stop.

Also if you use any of the alternative iPhone browsers which have proper tabs like Atomic Browser, Safari, etc., then you can't see the stop name at all, as they only display the first few characters of the title (e.g. "Dublin Bus..." for the above stop in Atomic Browser).

Ideally I think it should be on the actual page, just below Dublin Bus Live and Refresh button.

BTW this is no criticism, just some friendly feedback from a person who is very happily using your great app every day :D
    Oh, I hear you. Will look into it :)
    dazmetron wrote: »
    One additional feature that I would find useful is perhaps if it would be possible to split the stops when searching by route into to and from city centre (or equivalent). I am not sure how easy this would be to do so feel free to ignore it!
    Actually, I have this data now! I'll see if I can find some time next weekend to get it in as you suggested.
    bk wrote: »
    You are right, but I keep my top two or three most frequently used stops opened as tabs, which is why I was looking for this.
    Stealing my bandwidth with constant refreshes!?! But sure, I'll add the stop name first (again, next weekend when I actually get a chance)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

snappieT wrote: »
    Oh, I hear you. Will look into it :)

Stealing my bandwidth with constant refreshes!?! But sure, I'll add the stop name first (again, next weekend when I actually get a chance)

Thanks very much snappieT great work. BTW the tab only loads when I click on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Excellent app Snappie T - especially the feature showing which stops are live.

One stop that I use every day is not live, but the one before it is so it's very handy!

A really useful app!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Are you seeing much improvement in the number of live stops?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CoolDudesJunk

I know that the official app is out and that's great! Buuut.. I've just gotten a Pebble Smartwatch and through my jailbroken iPhone I'm able to HTTP Request (Get). I know that the live tables work this way to some degree, but have yet to find a way to get this info.

I did find this PDF but it's instructions don't seem to work: http://www.dublinked.ie/datastore/local/RTPI/RTPI_REST_API_specification.pdf

It came from this site, Dublinked, which won't let me acess any other files without a username/password.

I'm wondering if the information is public anymore, and if it is, how would I go about getting it on the watch? How great would it be to just be able to look at my watch and tell when the next bus to/from college is!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Finmix

I know that the official app is out and that's great! Buuut.. I've just gotten a Pebble Smartwatch and through my jailbroken iPhone I'm able to HTTP Request (Get). I know that the live tables work this way to some degree, but have yet to find a way to get this info.

I did find this PDF but it's instructions don't seem to work: http://www.dublinked.ie/datastore/local/RTPI/RTPI_REST_API_specification.pdf

It came from this site, Dublinked, which won't let me acess any other files without a username/password.

I'm wondering if the information is public anymore, and if it is, how would I go about getting it on the watch? How great would it be to just be able to look at my watch and tell when the next bus to/from college is!

Hey there, I recently created an app for Dublin Bus Times for the Nearest stop and just at the weekend included the ability to save recently accessed stops. Might be what you are looking for url]http://www.cloudservicesireland.com/?p=206[/url app can be seen on the web at url]http://pblweb.com/pas/54b2a8296357cebb9a000081[/url.

Advertisement