Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

^

lol. :D Next you're going to tell us to zip up our mickeys right? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Gok Wan...went into town today specifically to see him signing his book and he wouldnt even turn to wave where we were standing. raging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Just because he wouldn't wave over? Maybe he was signing books or busy? Anyone I know that's met him said he was lovely.

The rudest I've met was Ann Doyle. Wagon. She was mutton dressed as lamb that day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

MAB83 wrote: »
    Just because he wouldn't wave over? Maybe he was signing books or busy? Anyone I know that's met him said he was lovely.

The rudest I've met was Ann Doyle. Wagon. She was mutton dressed as lamb that day too.

Yes. This was when he was making his grand entrance. he spent the day cheering the other side of the crowd. Just because I was near older people and we didnt have cameras and the like, we could be ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭irishultra

Epicurus wrote: »
    Gok Wan...went into town today specifically to see him signing his book and he wouldnt even turn to wave where we were standing. raging.

what a ****ing goo
    n

• Advertisement

For me,

Brian Kerr-very rude, he was very condescending when i seen him out at the AUL back in about 2001 as a kid, despite this I never held much ill will towards him. wished him well with ireland and then the faroes.

pat fenlon-has a very rude way about him

eddie guerrero-wrestler for those of you who don't no, seen him at the airport and he was a ****, cena on the other hand was sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

dlofnep wrote: »
    How come so many people have met Twink? She's hardly a real celebrity?

She gets around...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

No way! I met her years ago at an IBM black-tie do and she was very chatty and pleasant - but then again she was doing a 'corporate'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Pasodobel

the Seoige sisters at the galway races, not sound at all, u'd swear they were marlyn munroe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

deise red wrote: »
    John O shea is a lovely man gave me an autograph for my son

He is related to my neighbour and visits occasionally. Gotta admit that he does appear to be a really nice genuine guy. Whenever he visits loads of kids appear and knock on the neighbours door for autographs (not all at once but every few minutes) and he always obliges. Even more impressive is that he does so with a smile on his face and has a few words with the kids. Real nice to see these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Brent Pope a few times not the nice guy he made out be by what I have seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

irishultra wrote: »
    For me,

Brian Kerr-very rude, he was very condescending when i seen him out at the AUL back in about 2001 as a kid, despite this I never held much ill will towards him. wished him well with ireland and then the faroes.

Brian Kerr and his wife went to see a film in a cinema I was working in one time. While the wife went to the jacks, he was just kinda hanging around the lobby. One of the lads in work went over and asked for an autograph and Kerr obliged. I said hello and had some chit chat. He seemed very nice to me. I think he still has a house in Walkinstown/Greenhills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

I think you're problem with stalking is the more prominent issue, rather than the rudeness of celebrities.

haha dublins a very small place,its not like I hang outside Lily's every night!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Ohh i met ann doyle at a birthday party of a distant friend years ago when i was only about 17 and she was lovely.

She was in the toilets when a few of us were there and was telling us her hair was naturally black and all little personal things,found her lovely.

My mam met her at some help the aged thing recently and thought she was great craic.Must have been off day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

xanthor wrote: »
    Most of you won't know who he his, but i was personally told by Robb Flynn to "F*ck off" once.

Really? I've met Robb backstage at festivals a few times and he's always been cool, this is MH Robb Flynn you're on about??

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I met Nicky Byrne from Westlife . . .or is it Boyzone once. I'm not a fan but I ended up sharing a table with him in The Gigs Place in Portobello (Dublin) very late one night after a rugby match earlier this year.

I didn't really know who he was but he was an utter gentleman. I was fairly well on and he wasn't too far behind me, if you follow. Chatted for about an hour and we kept getting interrupted by a queue of women who were looking for photos of him. He was very polite. Best thing was the waiting staff there. They gave him dogs abuse and he really enjoyed the banter and took it all in his stride. As I say I'm not a fan but credit where credit is due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AggressiveWorm

george hook..fat prick..took 5 minutes to get a fukn autograph, didnt even want it after a min, was spose to be workn at the time,..fukn fat retard,...pat dolan..setanta analyst..another fat ****,...got his autograph, but he didnt milk it, was outta der, before he got abuse...fat dope...h8 pat dolan anyway....scunt..

ye he's a pats junkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

foxy06 wrote: »
    I met him and thought he was lovely. Really chatty and bloody gorgeous!

yes Jonathon Rhys Meyers would never stick his nose up at you

if you can't go up his nose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Eddie Jordan = too cool for school.
    Eddie Irvine = Surprisingly mannerly!
    Sterling Moss = TossPot.
    Sebastian Loeb = Stereotype of Rude French.
    Petter Solberg = True Gent.
    Henning Solberg = Mad partying nutter, never loses his smile.
    Malcolm Wilson = Polite but stand-offish
    ...all Motorsport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Anthony Foley, ROG and Stephen Keogh of Munster.

Brent Pope and George Hook met them in New Zealand and they were nice, both do a lot of charity work around Dublin.

Never met Twink but i'd say if i did she'd be a b1tch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

scudzilla wrote: »
    Really? I've met Robb backstage at festivals a few times and he's always been cool, this is MH Robb Flynn you're on about??

This was circa 94. Maybe he's mellowed a bit since?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Funjunkie wrote: »
    Kian Egan is the worst most obnoxious scumbag imaginable. He once kicked a production assistant at UTV in the small of her back rather then ask her to be quiet while he was on the phone. She was encouraged to call security on the ugly horrible little bastard but was in to much shock to deal with it.
    The rest of the band were also horrified. Mark Feehily seemed really decent.

Bono- obviously got a messiah complex but was quite thoughtful in accommodating me and my broken leg when I met him once.

Ray D'arcy- Really sound, seems a bit weak though, I think his Mrs bosses him around.
    Grainne Seoige - Very nice friendly and down to earth.
    Albert Reynolds- Gent! Nicest man ever.

Must defend Miriam O'Callaghan, from an earlier posting, both she and her husband are the nicest people in the Irish media

Mary McAleese- Couldn't be nicer

Jamie MaGuire from Shameless- Absolute gent, great guy

I've met a few more but nobody stands out as an absolute wanker except that Sligo scumbag at the top.

I used to work in a restaurant in Sligo when I was a young student, and Westlife were at the height of their fame. There was a million stories going around about how Kian was an unbelievable wanker but I had yet to see it for myself....
    So one day he comes in to the restaurant with a massive dude all in black which I presume is his bodyguard (just for going around Sligo like!).
    They come up to the counter, I can barely see the top of Kian's head, he's such a short a*se, but I lean over anyway and ask him what he wants.
    He looks at me, glares, and looks away, in a 'don't talk to me' manner. The bodyguard answers for him and tells me what Kian wants!! Kian says nothing the whole time he's there only glaring at anyone who might be looking at him.
    What a wanker!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Chris O'Donnell...cheap cnut!

Wayne Gretzky - never forking happy....

Billy Joel - I did smack his car with a work van

Chris Farley - legend of a man...and great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 NikkiXxX

Seems like Kian egan is an absolute p***k, Everyone hates him..Makes me not ever want to meet him.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Ronan Keating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Hi all,
    The few I've met and actually spoken to have been fine as long as you just do your job and not get all goo-eyed.I reckon the best thing to do is not be all starry-eyed in their presence and, in the quiet times, they'll hang loose and be good crack.
    regards
    Stovepipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bodysmart

I trained Bobby Kerr from Dragon's Den at BodySmart a few weeks ago. Really lovely guy - no ego whatsover.

I've met Twink a few times and she's great fun. I can see how she pisses people off though - one of those people you either love or hate.

Met Eric Sardinas after he supported Steve Vai at Vicar Street. Fantastic guy - a true gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Funjunkie

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Chris O'Donnell...cheap cnut!

Wayne Gretzky - never forking happy....

Billy Joel - I did smack his car with a work van

Chris Farley - legend of a man...and great craic!

Wasn't it the craic that killed Chris Farley??? Very sad, he was so funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

Ken Doherty is an absolute gent. One of the nicest people I've met in my life. He actually approached me in Jasons snooker club a few years ago and gave me pointers and then asked if I wanted a frame against him

He whooped me though:D

Advertisement