Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

39" Full HD TV €243 incl. Parcelmotel [Back in Stock]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭navara man

brightkane wrote: »
    What did Parcel Motel Charge?

I got one too . 7,50 pick up from Dublin depot or delivery to my door 10,50 more

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Only €7 collection from the depot, can't beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I'm glad it worked out well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Deal back on @ £199 with £20 off using TDX-LVY3 If a Mod can amend OP!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Un-expired. If you hit the report triangle report.gif you can let us know that way as we will see it sooner, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

And thanks for that!! Just ordered one yesterday.

By the way, where do you find these codes? Are they on a website somewhere? I could see that being useful in other situations too.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

And thanks for that!! Just ordered one yesterday.

By the way, where do you find these codes? Are they on a website somewhere? I could see that being useful in other situations too.

Sound let me know what sound quality is like! Codes on the Tesco Direct website!

Hi
    Im interested in this tv but hopeless on techie stuff.

Can I just clarify if I can get Saorview with this tv?

I also plan to hook it up to my sky satellite (without subscription) for the free to air stations. Is this ok to do too?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 faithfulfan

TheTorment wrote: »
    Hi

I also plan to hook it up to my sky satellite (without subscription) for the free to air stations. Is this ok to do too?

It will bring in Saorview along with new text service and it will connect to your sky box as long as you have the proper hdmi/scart lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

k123456 wrote: »
    Dont think its Smart

An alternative to smart
    is a Set top box Android Box, approx 70 euro ;

You then connect the box to your HDMI port

The android box, will give u much better web access,
    Pinch and zoom,
    you will have Chrome (and of course you will see your browser short cuts etc) and not have to use a TV browser

Huge choice of apps with Android, the choice of TV apps, v limited

I have a smart TV, a fairly recent model, and the interface is nowhere near Android

Would getting a smart blue ray dvd player do the same job ?

• Advertisement

Yeah it does Saorview OR Freeview (only one connection) But it does specify both on the box (I got this TV 2 weeks ago)
    TheTorment wrote: »
    Hi

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

use code TDX-LVY3 for 20 pound off
    expires 27/5/15

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

soirish wrote: »
    Freeview TV sets from UK only support MPEG2 (unlike Freeview+HD) so forget about Saorview which is MPEG4.

That' only true for some TVs, probably not most recent ones plenty now have mpeg4. Freeview HD is DVB/t2 tuner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Available in local tesco 32 inch for 199 EUR ! Supports saorview !

That' only true for some TVs, probably not most recent ones plenty now have mpeg4. Freeview HD is DVB/t2 tuner.

To be clear, this TV supports Freeview And Saorview. It is wrote on the box. I have the TV, both work but only individually as there is only one aerial connection

To be clear, this TV supports Freeview And Saorview. It is wrote on the box. I have the TV, both work but only individually as there is only one aerial connection

Sorry for the dumb question, but do i need to have an antenna to watch freeview/saorview ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

tharmor wrote: »
    Sorry for the dumb question, but do i need to have an antenna to watch freeview/saorview ??

yes, either an indoor or an outdoor depending on your location

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

To be clear, this TV supports Freeview And Saorview.

Are you definitely receiving RTE1 HD and RTE 2 HD?

The Tesco online spec says it has no Freeview HD tuner. Also one of the reviews says the same. Thanks.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

RTE1 HD and RTE2 HD on Saorview use MPEG4 DVB-T

Not to be confused with FreeviewHD, which uses MPEG4 DVB-T2. To receive Freeview (TM), you need to be in an area that can receive Freeview overspill from NI or UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

byte wrote: »
    RTE1 HD and RTE2 HD on Saorview use MPEG4 DVB-T

Not to be confused with FreeviewHD, which uses MPEG4 DVB-T2. To receive Freeview (TM), you need to be in an area that can receive Freeview overspill from NI or UK.

Understood but is anyone actually receiving RTE1 HD and RTE 2 HD with this set?

• Advertisement

Does this cover warranty in ireland ??

Tesco giving 5 year warranty I heard !

Called them and they say no Ireland warranty......so what happens if something goes wrong ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

tharmor wrote: »
    Called them and they say no Ireland warranty......so what happens if something goes wrong ??

Send it back via Parcel Motel? Wouldn't that work? Or drive up to the North and walk into a Tesco there? Never tried this, I'm not sure if they provide warranty from the store but I'd assume so.

By the way, I ordered one last week, should come into parcel motel today. Hope they only charge me 7 euro as well. I'll let my comments know regarding the sound quality when I get it (hopefully tomorrow).

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

to be clear the same aerial will get u both, if the signal is there. its the same tuner, doing the same process. if the signal is strong enough you will pick them both up, but u wont be getting the freeview hd channels without a higher spec dvb/t2 tuner.
    While u can get both services, u can only watch one channel at a time... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Showing unavailable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Managed to get one of these last night before it went last night!

Was dispatched today!

Looking forward to it for the World Cup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Managed to get one of these last night before it went last night!

Was dispatched today!

Looking forward to it for the World Cup :D

Hope you have your credit card ready if you went through parcel motel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

navara man wrote: »
    I got one too . 7,50 pick up from Dublin depot or delivery to my door 10,50 more

dont think he will need the credit card

Yes it gets Rte one and two in HD. Proof here. And they are mpeg 5 actually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

My Brother in law ordered one of these last weekend and it was delivered by courier this morning. He left it and went off to work but had a bad feeling as the packaging was a little shabby. On opening this evening he discovered the casing was broken in one corner, it must have got a fall. What do we do? Has anyone escalated a complaint with Parcel Motel?

Advertisement