Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Would have been better to take 50c a week from everyone in the country every week, whether you are on the dole, any sort of benefit or work. Why should you be punished for having a home.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

They must have already spent about €100 on all their huffing and puffing with the protesting, ringing Joe and going to meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

joe higgins is a wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

in all Fairness .. .2 boxes down :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

I am not paying it as I think it is completely unfair, I would rather see a progressive property tax implemented in 3 to 5 yrs. Spend the interim, cutting cost and wastage in local govt. I also resent that those in council houses have to pay nothing too, as well as the "rich" paying the same as the "working poor". We pay 300e private est mgmt fees a yr for our hse, for what I can see to date, a bit of grass cutting a few times a yr.

REFORM and then REVIEW

I think Ming Flanagan had it right when he said on the Late Late Show last Saturday night to cut local authority waste which costs an enormous amount of money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

lucylu wrote: »
    in all Fairness .. .2 boxes down :-)

I did put SOME effort into it you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

He has a fire on in this weather??? Sure he might as well throw the 100 euro on top of the fire ffs..

Pensioner, gets the fuel allowance til April, AFAIK...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Oh no, it ain't!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Dirigent wrote: »
    With respect, NOTHING in your post can be referred to as stealth!

Stealth - The act of moving, proceeding, or acting in a covert way

So going on the above the fact the tax will increase in my humbler is stealth,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

What's joe's stance on the household charge?

• Advertisement

I did put SOME effort into it you know!

I know its great.. it brings listening to Joe to a whole new level

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Paparazzo wrote: »

He's dead against it.......until it's combined with the Licence Fee.:D

Reckon age action will be on to say these post people are making pensioners out to be dingbats.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭SilverLiningOK

He's probably paid himself. Any caller asking him that question will be cut off. He just love the rabble rousing, shyte stirring and trying to get everyone else to revolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

"pensioners always pay their way" I have an uncle who is a pensioner who does his level best to never pay his way :D

Likely to be the same as his mother's, but he hasn't asked her yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

signostic wrote: »
    I think Ming Flanagan had it right when he said on the Late Late Show last Saturday night to cut local authority waste which costs an enormous amount of money

The Lord Mayor of Cork recently paid €17,000 to get new carpet in his office. I'll be damned if I'm going to contribute to that. He should have gone to Carpet Right - probably would have got it for less than a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

:eek: Is somebody going to the bathroom in the background? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

da banks...da banks.....da banks...its truly frightening that people at this stage still have a profound misunderstanding of the situation with the banks....THE MONEY FOR THE BANK IS BORROWED FROM the lads over in europe..

signostic wrote: »
    "pensioners always pay their way" I have an uncle who is a pensioner who does his level best to never pay his way :D

A lot of former politicians fall into this bracket too going by the Mahon tribunal :D

• Advertisement

europa11 wrote: »
    He's dead against it.......until it's combined with the Licence Fee.:D

Joe will pay the charge. the Gubberment said it would make an example of high profile people who fail to pay. Joe won't get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

10/1 up to 30% to pay by 31st March in paddy powers, anyone fancy a flutter..
    7/2 30%-39%

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Where's bipolar joe to ring up in support of it?

Remember, codeword is "hows the leg". Tell joe he could easily afford it because of his massive wages, and mention that it's only roughly half of what the tv licence is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

dulpit wrote: »
    :eek: Is somebody going to the bathroom in the background? :confused:

Thats Noel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oh Joe ffs... bring back the model trains.. all is forgiven.. I cant take much more of this guy..

I'm like a Rat, Joe :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Fighting talk from Noel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

He can afford the petrol to drive 40 miles a day, but can't afford this?

I reckon the people who used to work in the Kerry Network Offices are glad they closed so they don't have Noel driving 40miles a day to talk to them AS HE HAD NOTHING ELSE TO DO!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Somebody who is in favour of paying the charge!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement