Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

39" Full HD TV €243 incl. Parcelmotel [Back in Stock]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

What did it cost ya all in Everlast and what's your reason for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Reddzer2002

Appears to be back in stock for £199 again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Appears to be back in stock for £199 again

Gone again it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

brightkane wrote: »
    What did it cost ya all in Everlast and what's your reason for sale?

Probably because he's a hoarder buying lots of Bargains and now the TV is blocking entry to his toilet :pac:

So people who have the TV, happy?
    Very much considering ordering one. Doesn't seem to mention optical audio connection - (toslink) can anyone confirm? I'll be hoping to connect it to my sound-bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Reddzer2002

Ordered it yesterday as it is back in stock. One of the code mentioned above still works so paid £189 for it and it has already been dispatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Bought the tv before the world cup.

Really great for the money considering I paid €40 more for a 26" last year.

I use my sound bar for the sound from the sky box so haven't looked for an optical connection.

3 HDMI ports are great :) no swapping leads every time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

Does it have a USB port?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

comewatmay wrote: »
    Does it have a USB port?
    Yes with full 1080 playback depending on the file format.
    And can record Saorview 7 day timer etc.
    I think you can record one channel while watching another - not 100% sure and even then not sure if only on the same Mux

also has a CI slot and VGA/Audio in for PC - who needs a smart TV if you have an old netbook or €15 will get you a miracast dongle, €25 for the nastiest android dongle, €35 for chromecast .

Manual - ignore anything about DVD http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/instruction-manuals/Blaupunkt-brand/32%20Models/User%20Guide%20-%20Blaupunkt%20-%2039-210I-GB-5B-FHBCUP-UK%20-%20BLA-MAN-0200%20WEB.pdf

The sound is bad just midrange , sounds like a cheap radio. But if you have a set of computer speakers knocking about or a Hi-Fi or stereo with Line In or Aux you're sorted just plug into the headphone socket.

note
    http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/Formatting_a_Hard_Drive.php
    Very important - some USB Hard Drives include a USB cable where 2 of the connectors need to be plugged into a USB port on the PC/device. (This is because 1 x USB port does not provide enough power to power the Hard Drive) Never connect these types of hard drives to a TV where only 1 USB port is available as you will damage the TV. It's very easy for a manufacturer to see if a TV is damaged in this way and your warranty does not cover repair or replacement for this.

If in doubt, if you must use a Hard Drive, ensure it comes with a separate power adaptor.

User Manual Link

Thanks! So it only has coax optical out, I'll investigate in an adapter for my sound bar..
    Pretty sure it only has toslink optical inputl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I know thread is for the 39" but some of you might have already looked at othe models, my question is regarding the Blaupunkt 32/147 and the Blaupunkt 32/146 both selling at £129 but the 32/146 is down from £259.00 for the weekend, can anyone see any differences? because I do not really see any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

nava wrote: »
    I know thread is for the 39" but some of you might have already looked at othe models, my question is regarding the Blaupunkt 32/147 and the Blaupunkt 32/146 both selling at £129 but the 32/146 is down from £259.00 for the weekend, can anyone see any differences? because I do not really see any.

I got one of them before, dont remember which one, code works for it too, but its a decent buy. dont know wht the difference is though. record function on both? hd ready? Mine works with saorview if concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

What did people do about the contact number ? I have to use a UK one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i think they googled parcel motels number and used that

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭boosabum

I know a lot of guys got this tv in the past number of weeks. I picked up mine and only got around to powering it up last week. One thing that's quiet noticeable is that the sound seems very poor. It's like there is vibration or deflection of sound against the tv casing which is fairly annoying. Some have commented on the actual sound quality but this is more of an inconvinence than just a critique of the sound quality.
    Anyone else encountered this, can it be remedied through the settings or is a sound bar/speaker required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Yeah, the sound is absolutely terrible. I played around with the sound settings and could make it a *little* bit less 'tinny' by putting the bass up to full and leaving treble at 50 but it's still horrible. I'm waiting on an audio cable to arrive in the post and then I'll be connecting the upc box to an old stereo which will be behind the tv.

I've also noticed that the screen is brighter around some parts of the edge of the screen.

It's a bad tv. If I'd seen it in action first I'd never have bought it.

Cheers,

i took the liberty of splashing out on a half price sound bar to see if this will make my viewing experience bearable. if not then it's a generous present for the next wedding i go to.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

GoodBridge wrote: »
    Yeah, the sound is absolutely terrible
    Pretty much a given for very thin flat screen LCD/LED TV's.

Not so much a problem for thicker Plasma TV's or the big CRT's.

The solution is to use external powered speakers or Line in / Aux in on HiFi / ghettoblaster / sound bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

GoodBridge wrote: »
    Yeah, the sound is absolutely terrible. I played around with the sound settings and could make it a *little* bit less 'tinny' by putting the bass up to full and leaving treble at 50 but it's still horrible. I'm waiting on an audio cable to arrive in the post and then I'll be connecting the upc box to an old stereo which will be behind the tv.

I've also noticed that the screen is brighter around some parts of the edge of the screen.

It's a bad tv. If I'd seen it in action first I'd never have bought it.

Ah for the price I wouldn't be complaining. My main Samsung Smart TV has decent sound. My man cave room has home cinema system so solves the sound problem. Turn the brightness down and the edge bleed will be solved.

I wouldn't put it down as a bad tv. Not for the price anyway. If I spent 500 quid or so id be disappointed, but I didn't.

It has decent colours, poorish contrast, but my gf doesn't even notice the big difference between the Samsung one and the Blaupunkt one when looking straight on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

It has decent colours, poorish contrast, but my gf doesn't even notice the big difference between the Samsung one and the Blaupunkt one when looking straight on.

well that's what she says... 😜

• Advertisement

Pretty much a given for very thin flat screen LCD/LED TV's.

Not so much a problem for thicker Plasma TV's or the big CRT's.

The solution is to use external powered speakers or Line in / Aux in on HiFi / ghettoblaster / sound bar.

Yeah, connected my €50 Argos sound bar last night and made viewing much more pleasureable.

For some reason the bar only works when connected via the 3.5mm earphone jack, no sound works when connecting the red and white phono cables....strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

boosabum wrote: »
    Yeah, connected my €50 Argos sound bar last night and made viewing much more pleasureable.

For some reason the bar only works when connected via the 3.5mm earphone jack, no sound works when connecting the red and white phono cables....strange

Are the red and white cables not for audio in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Have been looking for a new tv for a while and was thinking of paying around 400-500 for one, i was wondering if anybody has a list of the specs and info on this tv, ive seen bits of information on the tv online but not all the specs

just want to compare it to buying one in argos, currys etc for the price i mentioned above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hococop wrote: »
    Have been looking for a new tv for a while and was thinking of paying around 400-500 for one, i was wondering if anybody has a list of the specs and info on this tv, ive seen bits of information on the tv online but not all the specs

just want to compare it to buying one in argos, currys etc for the price i mentioned above

Now I'm no expert at all but would you not be best off buying from Amazon or similar? Something like this tv looks very nice for around that price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Now I'm no expert at all but would you not be best off buying from Amazon or similar? Something like this tv looks very nice for around that price

thanks fuzzy,

always looked on amazon but they never delivered to Ireland, but just learned about using pm which im guessing is how i get it delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hococop wrote: »
    thanks fuzzy,

always looked on amazon but they never delivered to Ireland, but just learned about using pm which im guessing is how i get it delivered

Yeah that's the trick. I haven't used it yet for anything big like a TV though myself.

Yeah that's the trick. I haven't used it yet for anything big like a TV though myself.

If the package doesn't fit in the actual drop off point you've selected, collection needs to be made from their Finglas warehouse - or pay approx. €10.00 to arrange a delivery (via Nightline, their parent company)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lostinNaas

boosabum wrote: »

I'm thinking of getting that to help with the sound.

When you plug in the soundbar, does it replace the internal speaker sound, or do both play together?
    Can you control the sound with the TV remote, or do you need to use the soundbar remote?

I connected it to the tv via the 3.5mm jack cable supplied, it replaces the sound of the tv speakers and volume is controllable via the tv remote.

I'll look at getting the audio coax cable also as this is supposed to improve the sound quality also (stereo 5.1 or the like)
    For the price it's probably worth it, certainly makes a big difference on the tv sound quality.

If you can, try to pick up a longer 3.5mm jack cable as the cable isn't that long and depending where you want the soundbar to go, it may be a bit restricting

• Advertisement
Advertisement