Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just saw this on their website:
    *From 30 September, ROI customers will require a Sky HD subscription to access Box Sets.

Guess I better get watching...

Does that include the Sky Store and Box office also?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Just a quick question, does anyone know if I'll still be able to watch my recordings on the Sky box after cancellation or does that all go as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Does that include the Sky Store and Box office also?

sure you've to pay for them, don't you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

batistuta9 wrote: »
    sure you've to pay for them, don't you :pac:

I know that but will be we able to actually buy them if we don't have a HD subscription?

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I know that but will be we able to actually buy them if we don't have a HD subscription?

by that post above i meant do you think sky will refuse to take money from you? i'd be very surprised if they did

green123 wrote: »
    what if you cancelled and they actually cut you off and then you take up one of these deals, will your old recordings be available again ?

yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Cheers, nothing there that I can't live without anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 porkchop341

Guys, Ive been offered the Variety Pack plus Multiroom and Sky Sports and HD for 80e a month. (75 for first 4 months) down from 102 on the site.

That includes the 20% off tesco offer, 50% off HD and 5er off Multiroom for first 4 months.

I haven't agreed to it yet as I am still shopping around but are there any other available offers I can utilize to bring down the price or does this look like the best im gonna get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Guys, Ive been offered the Variety Pack plus Multiroom and Sky Sports and HD for 80e a month. (75 for first 4 months) down from 102 on the site.

That includes the 20% off tesco offer, 50% off HD and 5er off Multiroom for first 4 months.

I haven't agreed to it yet as I am still shopping around but are there any other available offers I can utilize to bring down the price or does this look like the best im gonna get.

Just as a conparison I called them myself today to discuss options.

I was currently on a fixed price variety pack with multiroom for €45 a month. I ended up signing up for sports for 12 months with a 31 day cancellation contract, I was offered 50% off sports so €18 a month.

I then asked about upgrading the sky boxes and ended up getting two new sky+HD (1 is a 2TB model) for €79.

I was given 50% off the HD subscription then so €7.50 a month.

Total for variety, sports, multi room + HD is now expected to be €70.50 per month.

I didn't push to hard but I'm sure there was more room to manoeuvre if I had of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

deals to be had

called to cancel as coming to end of 6 month half price offer on sports and movies, €40.50 pm.

Ended up getting same deal for another 6 months with half price HD for €48 pm and not tied into a contract. They also sweetened the deal with a credit of €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

funnyname wrote: »
    deals to be had

called to cancel as coming to end of 6 month half price offer on sports and movies, €40.50 pm.

Ended up getting same deal for another 6 months with half price HD for €48 pm and not tied into a contract. They also sweetened the deal with a credit of €50.

Due shortly to come out of contract. Can you tell me exactly what you are getting for €40.50? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bener

Hi,

I moved home on the 1st July and had the sky broadband and tv (€68/month). I went through the home move process, however sky were having trouble finding my address even though there was an eircom line in the house. Also, the line had been deactivated.

Sky advised me they would contact Eircom to locate my address. After numerous attempts they couldn't get in contact with Eircom :rolleyes:. At this stage I was on holidays and my girlfriend was dealing with them. Sky advised her that we couldn't get broadband in our area (which is a total lie as I can pick up wifi signal from 2 other sky routers in the estate).

When I got back from holidays 2 weeks ago, I rang them numerous times to find out what the story was. I was told they were still trying to contact Eircom and that they would call me back (never once received a call back :mad:)

I rang again last Monday week and the agent found my address, it was slightly different on their system. The agent explained that my line was only 6mb (15mb in old house) and I would have to pay €10 more per month. I thought this was ridiculous but had no choice so I agreed. I was informed that I would have broadband in 5 days, guess what, still no broadband :eek:.

So, rang again today and was told that I had informed the previous agent that I didn't want to go ahead with the broadband. This was a complete lie. I told him to set it up straight, but was informed that the system is currently down and he will call me back at 3pm today :rolleyes:

So this is where I am at the moment, still no broadband after nearly 8 weeks. My contract is up on the 24th of September. What can I expect to be offered if I go about cancelling?

Apologies for the essay, just wanted to give ye a clear picture of how sky have messed me about :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

At this a long time now, most recent sub was cancelled in July, to bring on the half price deal for winter,

Checked up the last game of the season in 2015 , June 6th

I'm like, OK, ill sign up if I get offered a deal after Sept 6th, then I'll have all the footy.

Got an email last week, half price anything for 9 months, I'll sit it out, as I don't need it now, there will be more offers.

Then I'll take bt and cut it asap, and get half price ther.

After all this time, I can't see how I can have half price for years, subsidiesd by new subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

got a call there offering sports half price for 6 months,
    but if i wanted movies also, half price would only be for 3 months,
    no sense at all to them

• Registered Users Posts: 3 porkchop341

Guys just to update you.

I rang back quoting this thread and the deals people had got.

e.g: 50% off Sports etc and deals on Variety packs.

They gave me " summer deal" after a call back after speaking with the manager.

Nice girl on the phone.

I got 50% off Sports for 12 Months €18
    Free Variety Pack for 12 Months €0
    HD and Multiroom at full price. €15 x 2 = €30.
    Also SkyGo extra for free so I get 4 devices on it.

So I am now paying €48 per month for the 12 months and that included one Sky+HD Box and one SkyHD box.

That was probably my 5th call to them overall and the discounts just kept coming eventually with persistence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Guys just to update you.

I rang back quoting this thread and the deals people had got.

e.g: 50% off Sports etc and deals on Variety packs.

They gave me " summer deal" after a call back after speaking with the manager.

Nice girl on the phone.

I got 50% off Sports for 12 Months €18
    Free Variety Pack for 12 Months €0
    HD and Multiroom at full price. €15 x 2 = €30.
    Also SkyGo extra for free so I get 4 devices on it.

So I am now paying €48 per month for the 12 months and that included one Sky+HD Box and one SkyHD box.

That was probably my 5th call to them overall and the discounts just kept coming eventually with persistence.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

half price anything for 9 months, I'll sit it out, as I don't need it
    now, there will be more offers.

Don't think you will get better then that.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Do not mention this thread.

You're dreaming if you think they don't know about this thread.
    It wouldn't surprise me if some of the posters here are SKY employees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »
    for anyone cancelling on the 30 days, be very clear to the customer service rep that you are cancelling if you don't accept their first discount offer. I had cancelled on July 19th as my contract was up on 20th August. I just called to check that the instruction was followed and it hadn't been - he assumed that I was happy with the 20% discount on std price and had put me down for that from next month (not his fault, i wasn't clear with him that i still wanted the cancellation to go thru).

Also, once you get thru to someone, ask them to call you back and they will - the rep confirmed that they will usually call back if requested.

to save time, the number i dial is 0818 719 858 Menu option 4 and then menu option 5 (to cancel). Was only on hold for about 2 minutes just now and then he called me back.

He did make a new offer of €25 a month for the variety pack and half price hd to total €32.50 for the next 12 months (no contract) but that's still too much.

my cancellation has gone thru now. lets hope they come back with another offer.

got the 50% off offer on my online account so will probably go with that although it says 12 months so that may be a contracted period....

and 2 missed calls from the sales team earlier today - they must really miss me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

We could have another Nexus 7 Vs The Sun newspaper issue here:eek:

Don't mention the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I am due to be cancelled next Tuesday and have an offer on the website via 'My Offers' of 35% not to leave.

Rang up to see if there is anything better they can do and they offered me 20% and said that is the best they can do! I mentioned the offer and still that was the 'best offer they have' - Clearly who you talk too...

anyway told them to cancel away, way to expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

We could have another Nexus 7 Vs The Sun newspaper issue here:eek:

Don't mention the thread!
    That is what I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

You won't be able to watch any recordings. You also lose record, pause, rewind, etc.

You're not serious?? Are you saying I won't be able to record anything from 30th sep?? If that's the case sky can eff off. I'll be cancelling completely, robbing bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You're not serious?? Are you saying I won't be able to record anything from 30th sep?? If that's the case sky can eff off. I'll be cancelling completely, robbing bastards

After you cancel and your signal is turned off you lose access to your recordings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

He's not referring to people without an HD sub, rather those that have actually cancelled their sky sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

He's not referring to people without an HD sub, rather those that have actually cancelled their sky sub.

Thanks for clarifying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Bif wrote: »
    Due shortly to come out of contract. Can you tell me exactly what you are getting for €40.50? Thanks.

sky sports, movies and the variety pack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

funnyname wrote: »
    sky sports, movies and the variety pack

Does that include HD? If so great price.

Goes back to my opinion that it is definitely who you end up talking to when you call up.

Advertisement