Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever been robbed?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

When I was 14 or 15, I was walking down O'Connell Street with 2 friends and it was starting to get dark (that's when the bad people come out!).
    One of my friends lagged behind, so when turning around to see her surrounded by about 8-10 people, all about 12 year olds. Her hat was taken off her head and they were all picking on her :mad:
    So I went back and walked to the little bitch who was holding the hat and told her to give it back and stop being a ****.
    More of them appeared...there musta been about 15-20 shorter people at this stage and they enclosed in on us, then she threw the hat at me and they all ran off.
    Cue me wondering where my phone had gone to - the joke was on them though, my other friend, who stayed away from it all was carrying my bag with my new mobile phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Left my bike in college for a night, came back the next morning to find my bike gone, the chain on the floor beside where it was, and in the exact same place as where i'd left my bike, was another bike, the model just below the one i'd lost. Needless to say i took that....
    I believe we are seeing a new type of bike thief, upgraders. Pity about the chain though..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I was robbed once.
    Scored a cracking goal but it was declared offside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,872 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just the once two weeks ago in Stockholm. Left my coat in the cloakroom but being inebriated left my wallet in it and forgot to take a ticket. Anyway 30 mins later I realised my folly and went back to see if I could have it back. Anyway anyone that has been to Stockholm will know that the bouncers there aren't the friendliest. Ask for my coat back, they wouldn't give it to me then I said I'd wait til the end of the night and collect it. That got me forcibly ejected from the establishment by their biggest bald ape. Anyway next day I went back (it was minus six so I was the only idiot walking around with just a t-shirt on since I left my warm hoodie there as well) and collected my coat to find the ****ers had stolen all the money out of my wallet. Had about 200 euros worth of krona at the start of the night so just hope I drank myself to oblivion and those ****s didn't get as too much off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

One of your L plates? That's not a robbery, that's just...strange.

Strange, annoying, take your pick.

My life is riddled with incidences like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

My bag was wrenched from my shoulder by a spotty junky once outside the house I'd just bought in an "upcoming area". It had my keys in it so I had to call a locksmith. The gardai figured out who it was and I ended up in court over it and got cash back from the junkie as compensation. It was all a bit strange.

My phone has been robbed loads of times, and coats from pubs and my bag at house parties. This is all years ago, very little has been robbed from me lately. The ressesion has made me nervous though and we have started to set the alarm at night when we go to bed. We didn't do this before. My husband sets it off every morning when he goes downstairs cos he's not used to it yet. Anyway I'm going off the point now.

Advertisement