Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Movies You've Ever Seen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

joejoem wrote:
    Shaulin Soccer

Dude wheres my car

King Arthur
    Lies! Shaolin soccer is the best movie i've seen all year. In that it's utter sh!te, but on purpose. As opposed to most movies, which are sh!te but claim to be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

MOved from AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

p~b wrote:
    Human Traffic

Nah, you're bang out of order there mate. Human Traffic is an absolutely wicked film. It's funny, clever, and at times surreal... I mean, come on, Spliff Politics man, inspired stuff :D .

I think it's great anyway, who's wit me?

P.S. "NICE ONE BRUVVVVVVVVVA!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

the spongebobsquarepants movie- utter ****e

I hope you're wrong because I'm going to look at it this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,785 ✭✭✭✭Basq

SebTheBum wrote:
    Human Traffic is an absolutely wicked film. It's funny, clever, and at times surreal... I mean, come on, Spliff Politics man, inspired stuff .

I think it's great anyway, who's wit me?
    I agree!

Brillant film!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

OLP wrote:
    the cable guy

can't believe my eyes.cable guy is a classic

my addition is Dreamcatcher .. "i duditz".. if you've seen it you will understand. this movie should have a warning on the front for being so utterly terrible. i loved Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers one of the best series ever but this film is so bad that i wanted to beat him for getting involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

wah wah typical Hollywood :rolleyes: wah wah :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Man, if only everyone could see what was going to happen in popcorn films... they'd go out of business.

The world was wrecked by a storm... in film about the world being wrecked by a storm. DAMN YOU HOLLYWOOD!! HOW COULD I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS COMING!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

the sequel to the birds

KlodaX wrote:
    the sequel to the birds
    Surely this doesn't really exist? Shudder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Lies! Shaolin soccer is the best movie i've seen all year. In that it's utter sh!te, but on purpose. As opposed to most movies, which are sh!te but claim to be brilliant.

absolutely, could'nt agree more. watched it last night and thought it was the best sh!te on purpose film i've seen since freddy got fingered.

one thing i find hard to fathom too is; how on gods green earth did any1 connected to the making of 'ALIEN V PREDATOR' take it as a serious film.
    like that bit in the film when the predator teams up wit your one and gives her an aliens head as a shield and a stick to fight with,.....FOR F**KS SAKE!
    i swear they must of graduated from the school for plonker film-makers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,785 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dr. Dodger wrote:
    can't believe my eyes.cable guy is a classic
    Agreed.... 'The Cable Guy' gets an incredible bad rap!

It's a hilarious film with Jim Carrey at his comedic best, in my opinion!
    Dr. Dodger wrote:
    my addition is Dreamcatcher .. "i duditz".. if you've seen it you will understand. this movie should have a warning on the front for being so utterly terrible. i loved Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers one of the best series ever but this film is so bad that i wanted to beat him for getting involved.
    "I Duditz" was bad!

But i got three words that are worse: "F*ck Me Bananas!!" :confused:

A great cast (Jason Lee, Morgan Freeman, Timothy Olyphant, Tom Sizemore) wasted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Dooid

Blade Trinity is by far the worst film I have ever seen. The acting is incredibly bad, the script even worse, the action is muck, the direction appalling, yeah it's so bad I'm glad I saw it because now I have a yard stick against which to base all future opinions. If Blue Velvet is a 10 then Blade Trinity is a definite 0. I've seen loads of crap films, Intermission for example was appalling but at least it was an honest enough attempt, Blade is just a cynical cash in and what's sucha shame is that the other 2 were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Dooid wrote:
    Intermission for example was appalling but at least it was an honest enough attempt, Blade is just a cynical cash in and what's sucha shame is that the other 2 were good.

Oh lord forgive this misguided being and put him/her back on the road to enlightenment...

Oh lord forgive this misguided being and put him/her back on the road to enlightenment...
    But if it wasn't for intermission we wouldn't have the hilarious Colin Farrell version of "I fought the Law" to help us mock him with even more fervour.

yeah, actually, what the F**K was up wit that?!?!

Such a ridiculous cover.

Having said that, I thought Intermission was ok.

OOOH, I thought of more cr&p films to add to the list:
    Pi (just... rubbish)
    Black Hawk Down (The book is one of the best war stories I've ever read, told brilliantly by Mark Bowden. And this? It ruined it. It sickens me)
    Creep (Such a great premise... So totally screwed up)

SebtheBum wrote:
    yeah, actually, what the F**K was up wit that?!?!

Such a ridiculous cover.

Having said that, I thought Intermission was ok.

OOOH, I thought of more cr&p films to add to the list:
    Pi (just... rubbish)
    Black Hawk Down (The book is one of the best war stories I've ever read, told brilliantly by Mark Bowden. And this? It ruined it. It sickens me)
    Creep (Such a great premise... So totally screwed up)
    Seb, you so crazyyyyy! Pi was brilliant, you can't have self-trepanning in a movie and call it crap.

Nah mate, I'm sorry, but it was just gack.

Boring, irritating, and just full of techniques like self-trepanning to try to make it "quirky" and "arty"... When, in fact, it was just lifeless and dull.

i liked it

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    i liked it

:D lol...

Ah, we're all entitled to our own opinions. Besides, I'm sure I liked some films you'd consider sh*te as well!

True ;) The most important thing is that we all hate Matrix reloaded. Didn't bother me arse to even see revolutions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

"The Forgotten" with Julianne Moore, the title's quite ironic.
    For those who have seen it, how can a potentially interesting storyline (not that its original) be destroyed so easily.

Another one, "House of the flying daggers", went to see it with my mates, we jus ripped the piss out of it an hour in. And the cinema was empty so we weren't pissing anyone off!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Cable Guy was good. Can't say otherwise.

Bad movies:-

Alien Vs. Preditor (I was soooo let down)
    Man Of The House
    Analyse This
    Meet The Fockers
    etc.

InterMission was great. You have to watch it in the right mind-set.

"You just don't have the requisite Celtic soul, man."
    "Yeah I do!"

Classic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Alien vs. Predator (i knew it would be bad but I had no idea it would be as terrible as it was. Absolutely no redeeming features0
    Freddy got Fingered (I don't know why people consider this a comedy. its more a test of ones own pain threshold. I watched it with half a bottle of JD and a load of Pernod on me. By the end I was sober)
    Pearl Harbour (a blatant attempt to do a 'Titanic'. the result was a titanic load of ****e)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

AVP
    Pearl Harbour
    House of 1000 corpses (WTF!? wasnt even shocking!)
    The second and third Matrix's
    Jay and Silent Bob
    i-Robot
    Resident Evil 2

im sure theres many more. but i hear and see nothing but good things from Saolin Soccer. City of God/Pulp Fiction/Star Wars IV and to a lesser extend, Battle Royale, should rule the film reel universe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

the royal tenenbaums.

was told it was a comedy - someone commits suicide in the first scene!!!

comedy my a$$

40 Days and 40 Nights
    Pap. Utter Pap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

SebtheBum wrote:
    40 Days and 40 Nights
    Pap. Utter Pap.

i forgot about that one. what a steaming turd. like most teen romps actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

0utshined wrote:
    I hope you're wrong because I'm going to look at it this afternoon!

So I saw the spongebob movie and I liked it. It did exactly what it said on the tin. Not my favourite film ever but a good Saturday afternoon movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

A film called Duel - a truck chasing a car for the whole movie, one of Spielbergs first movies... just awful...
    also, The Hole, Medallion, Valentine (it didn't even matter that David Boreanaz was in it!), Freddy got Fingered... emm, I know there's loads more..
    but for all the movies like: Man Of The House, Analyse This, Meet The Fockers and 40 days and 40 nights, they are supposed to be the type of movie you switch your brain off before going into the cinema, like ya, stoopid moves, but you do get a giggle in parts, even if ALL the funny bits were shown in the trailers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

OLP wrote:
    the cable guy

i know alot of people like "about a boy" but i think its utter crap
    how can you not like two of the greatest comedies ever next you'll say you don't like happy gilmore

Advertisement