Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 23 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Shirley, you would have him regardless if you were considering him as a captain?

I'd have him but not for another week or 2
    if Costa is not suspended I could not justify a -4 thus week and not enough to upgrade Kane this week eithet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Shirley, you would have him regardless if you were considering him as a captain?

f48yt35.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

does it have to be a 3 game ban. Id prefer a 2 game ban where the majority hold him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

does it have to be a 3 game ban. Id prefer a 2 game ban where the majority hold him.

Yes, its 3 games or nothing.

I can see it now. Miss GW23,24 and 25. Booked in GW26 and League Cup Final so suspended for DGW28 :eek::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Violent conduct is at least a 3 game ban afaik.

just realised I can afford rvp
    someone please stop me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Will be interesting to see what people do about the Burnley match GW26. Get him in and then bench for GW27 blank or just wait until after.

Sigh.

Costa -> Rooney now looking more likely than the previous Hutton -> Bellerin/Monreal one week point improvement planned.

Wildcard next week could now be very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    just realised I can afford rvp
    someone please stop me

What is it about RVP, that even when he is completely out of form and match sharpness he manages to still be a sorta get out of jail card for FPL players. It's baffling really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

And so comes the conundrum of who to replace Costa with. It's gotta be either Giroud or Pelle--or am I missing someone obvious? At least the fecker left my team on a high after getting those 16 points last GW. :pac:

My plan was to bring Jones in for Taylor but that may wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Between Giroud and Rooney for me. I'll more than likely choose Giroud.

I already have ADM at the minute and there's no way I'm double up on their attacking footballers given how shocking they've been of late--even if they have a fairly handy run!

Gonna be Giroud, I guess, though Villa could be tricky enough. Fecking Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lucky I didnt use my 2 FT's early!

Have to wait to see how the Costa situation pans out

My dream of Fabregas & Hazard could soon be a reality!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

8-10 wrote: »
    No reply over 24hrs later so no bet then

Yeah I'll go for it. 10 euro.

I don't think clean sheets/bookings should count. Most points from goals/assists/bonus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Yeah I'll go for it. 10 euro.

I don't think clean sheets/bookings should count. Most points from goals/assists/bonus?

Whoever scores more this weekend. Both are midfielders.

8-10 wrote: »
    Whoever scores more this weekend. Both are midfielders.

I never said ADM wouldn't score points. I said he won't score the points a 9.5m should.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I never said ADM wouldn't score points. I said he won't score the points a 9.5m should.

Oh ok sorry never mind so. I had just said in reply to the poster thinking of bringing in Sterling for ADM this weekend, that I think ADM is the better option. Your reply suggested that you disagreed with that so I offered the bet. We'll call it off so

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ugh it's nearly time for me to make a decision again which I'll get wrong and end up cursing everyone.

Next week I get unlimited decisions which will send me over the edge entirely.

I'm just going to stick my head back in the sand for another day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

In a similar conundrum myself Mr. P.

This week I have 2 FTs, with the wildcard still available for next week. Just waiting on the Costa situation to resolve itself before I commit those 2 transfers.

My frontline of Kane, Austin and Costa is calling out for some changes. Thinking of bringing in Giroud and Pelle for Costa and Austin. But the lack of a certain Mr Aguero has me in shivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

If only I could stay mad at Diego.

Thought he was going to be my first season long player in memory, he served me very well.

Hope to get him back after a nice big points drop as well.

Pelle and Fabregas/Di Maria or Ronney and Ward Prowse seems to be what I've narrowed my choice down to.

Wildcard active and Jones is my only united player.

Current front 8 are;
    Ward-Prowse, Hazard, Sanchez, Silva, Puncheon
    Kane, Aguero, Costa

Any thoughts and what to do, Ward-Prowse and Puncheon spots are up for grabs as well as Costa's,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Drogba in with a shout till Diego comes back

Drogba in with a shout till Diego comes back

There's Remy as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭skippy15

Plan was always to keep costa for another 2 or 3 weeks and shift to sturidge. But with sudden susp think ill go giroud first then switch back to sturidge when match fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Has anyone seen Defoe play since he's joined Sunderland? I was thinking Austin to Defoe just cos of Sunderlands nice run of games but not sure if Defoe is the same player anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,343 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

those on a wildcard are in a great spot.

Sanchez now very doubtful for Sunday according to Wenger.

hamstring issue.

SlickRic wrote: »
    those on a wildcard are in a great spot.

Sanchez now very doubtful for Sunday according to Wenger.

hamstring issue.

Sanchez [hamstring] will face a late fitness test "he might be out for Sunday" the only [other] difference is that Gabriel is available #AFC

Hear that sound? It's the sound of a thousand wildcards being activated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Might use mine a week early. The same happened me last season too.

Is it worth getting rid of Sanchez at 11.1m resale value for possibly just one week though? It's certainly thrown the cat among the pigeons for the captaincy.

FHFC wrote: »
    Sanchez [hamstring] will face a late fitness test "he might be out for Sunday" the only [other] difference is that Gabriel is available #AFC

and me smiling
    such sweet sweet news

• Advertisement

Is it worth getting rid of Sanchez at 11.1m resale value for possibly just one week though? It's certainly thrown the cat among the pigeons for the captaincy.

Nope. But what I might do is go with a slightly better 5th mid for a week or two given I've loads of Costa cash. My defence might be ok for a 433 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I will keep him but get in Pelle and a slightly more expensive mid than Marney. As things stand, I'd be missing Costa and Sanchez this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

The Plot thickens.
    I Might captain Santi instead now but I have too much cash tied up in Sanchez to get rid of him...I Might do Costa to pelle and Downing to Oscar. That would mean I have Sanchez, Santi, Hazard and Oscar (Boyd) though; 2 arsenal and 2 chelsea in the midfield...

Hmpfh.

Wildcard will be played Saturday morning. I'm pretty happy with 9 of my starting 11 this week, and am trying to figure out if it's a defender or gk I need in.

Is Ospina going to keep his place?

Foster (Guzan)
    Wisdom, Jones, O'Shea (Clichy, Hutton)
    Downing, Di Maria, Eriksen, Sanchez (C), Hazard
    Austin, Costa (Barnes)

Was thinking Ospina in for Foster, or Bellerin/Monreal in for Hutton (and start him ahead of Wisdom).

I just need a one week Arsenal defender I think. Will come to the question of whether Bellerin/Ospina will be med term starters from next week on, as I'm very happy to have either (or both) in my team at the prices they are for the season if they'll play!

And this analysis goes out the window thanks to the last 48 hours of news and events!

Quarter of my Team worth potentially unavailable now.

Guess I deserve it for the first bolded bit!

Nope. But what I might do is go with a slightly better 5th mid for a week or two given I've loads of Costa cash. My defence might be ok for a 433 either.

I think I'll still go 4.3m 5th mid; I'd be happy to have PvA come off the bench if needed.

Disappointed with COstas ban. Most people will now switch him to aguero. Was hoping he might be a great differential with some players in my league. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

With Gabriel now signing for Arsenal, will Bellerin's place be less assured? I am not sure If I am prepared to take the risk any more, same with Baird at WBA.

I don't want to use the WC to build a defence only to find out 2 of my 5 defenders don't play on the first saturday.....this is getting more complicated than i wanted it to be :o

I think I'll still go 4.3m 5th mid; I'd be happy to have PvA come off the bench if needed.

Yeah, I need to look at it, depends how much work it will be to switch back to the cheap 5th option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,343 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Costa is contesting his charge.

it means he probably plays this weekend, no?

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Costa is contesting his charge.

it means he probably plays this weekend, no?

No, as far as I know they will hear his appeal and make a decision one way or another by the end of tomorrow.

So we should know one way or the other at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Will probably do Costa -> Aguerooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Could he get an even longer ban now if he's found guilty after contesting it?

now that Sanchez could be out and I don't need to free up cash to get him in I kind of hope Costa gets off and people don't make the switch to aguero ......save me a -4 as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If he is to get a ban then a 4 match one would be the best outcome as that would take him straight through to GW28...we then wouldn't have to worry about Burnley at home in GW26 before his blank in GW27.

menoscemo wrote: »
    With Gabriel now signing for Arsenal, will Bellerin's place be less assured? I am not sure If I am prepared to take the risk any more, same with Baird at WBA.

I don't want to use the WC to build a defence only to find out 2 of my 5 defenders don't play on the first saturday.....this is getting more complicated than i wanted it to be :o

Gabriel will go straight into the team I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Chelsea announce they'll have no press conference tomorrow.

*facepalm*

Might be taking a -4 this week if that Sanchez news is corroborated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Taken my eye off the ball this week. Some a -8 and totally reckless moves.

Costa,Wasalewski and Silva out

Pelle, Cazorla and Belerin in.

They may work out but it was a stupid thing to do. Will be further behind but so be it.

Just can't get focused since the Xmas fixtures.

Could he get an even longer ban now if he's found guilty after contesting it?

Read somewhere that it would only be extended if the appeal was deemed to be frivolous, which it wouldn't be likely to given he can make a presentable case for accidental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭G1032

menoscemo wrote: »

Gabriel is a center back. No way he'll be played out on the right. That's for Bellerin and Chambers to fight over until Debuchy is back

• Advertisement
Advertisement