Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cup Competitions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

All FPL cup talk here i suppose :P

Why not.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

guy I'm playing has a rank of 374 k so not far behind me and has a few of the same players BUT he has already taken a -8 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've done quite well both years, in my first year of FPL I joined late and it was undoubtedly the high point of my year, I think I won about 8 games that year, hence I have a real soft spot for this cup.:o

Yeh I've had a good couple of runs down the years its pretty pointless really though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I thought we were using the Cup Competitions thread.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    guy I'm playing has a rank of 374 k so not far behind me and has a few of the same players BUT he has already taken a -8 !

Nice little head start to have! I am playing a dead team that have baines, Cahill, terry and ddg at the back so worried they could rack up some points there and they have Rooney captain which could be dangerous too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

PLaying a zombie team that will only field nine players. But he has got Rooney as captain, but tbh, I should fly this game. His big players bar Rooney I have too so it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sounds like a Rooney hattrick will knock a lot of us out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

My sort of zombie opponent has Ivan, Terry, yaya and Siggy that could all cause big problems for me, but he is very unlikely to field more than 9.

I honestly think this competition deserves it's own thread, I've never entered any of those other comps that are discussed on the other thread, I'd imagine most of us haven't. This one is compulsory:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

my cup opponent is ranked 128k, is active and surprise, surprise... captained rooney last week.

ah, it was fun while it lasted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Merging cup threads. No need for both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My opponent is at 2.4M but has a good few decent players. Could be tricky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

My opponent is at 2.4M but has a good few decent players. Could be tricky.

Similar here.

CSF wrote: »
    Similar here.

I'm paired against a zombie team that could easily knock me out, same as last year.

Into round 4 of the Fantasy Football Scout cup. Yet another difficult fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

I'm up against a guy in the FPL Cup whose team lies in that part of the spectrum where zombie meets casual.

He's made transfers in GWs 3, 4, 7, 8, 10 and 15 only. He's ranked 954668 but has a fairly viable team that includes Demichelis, Jagielka, Ivanovic, Sterling, Fab, Sanchez, Costa and Kane.

I am concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

tom_k wrote: »
    I'm up against a guy in the FPL Cup whose team lies in that part of the spectrum where zombie meets casual.

He's made transfers in GWs 3, 4, 7, 8, 10 and 15 only. He's ranked 954668 but has a fairly viable team that includes Demichelis, Jagielka, Ivanovic, Sterling, Fab, Sanchez, Costa and Kane.

I am concerned.

Up against someone similar, with his last GW transfers on the 15 GW. I'm scared he has a formidable team with no bench (but all 11 look like they will play). He is currently 800k OR

DDG, Ivanovic, Fab, Di Maria, Sanchez, Sterling, Costa, Kane.

The deciding factors from his team & mine are

Ivanovic - Azpil
    DiMaria - Hazard
    Fab - Siggy
    Cattermole - Yaya
    Kane - Austin

It pretty much can go either way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Didn't qualify for the cup this year. Wow. :(

8-10 wrote: »
    Didn't qualify for the cup this year. Wow. :(

Ouch! What score did you get? Sure all it really is, is a slight distraction from the real important stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jimmii wrote: »
    Ouch! What score did you get? Sure all it really is, is a slight distraction from the real important stuff.

40. Ah well.

8-10 wrote: »
    40. Ah well.

F it just win FPL instead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Up against a zombie team (since GW10) but they look very dangerous. All of his 15 are fit and playing. Lots of good players that I don't have (Southampton defenders, Fabregas, Siggy) my only saving Grace is that he has Wellback as captain, not a good choice overall but as a once off could be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

menoscemo wrote: »
    Up against a zombie team (since GW10) but they look very dangerous. All of his 15 are fit and playing. Lots of good players that I don't have (Southampton defenders, Fabregas, Siggy) my only saving Grace is that he has Wellback as captain, not a good choice overall but as a once off could be dangerous.

They are playing QPR who are woeful away from home (lost all PL away games this season).

That is very dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I think I can safely say I am through to the next round before a ball is kicked!

I think I can safely say I am through to the next round before a ball is kicked!

No way this could come back to haunt you! How bad is their team? Do they have Aguero (c) Dzeko (vc) or something?

No way this could come back to haunt you! How bad is their team? Do they have Aguero (c) Dzeko (vc) or something?

In fairness he has Fab vice captain and Adebayor captain. Also has Shurrle Ramires & Sturridge Dier & Siggy.

He has gained the last few weeks though up to a lofty 3,120,629

In fairness he has Fab vice captain and Adebayor captain. Also has Shurrle Ramires & Sturridge Dier & Siggy.

He has gained the last few weeks though up to a lofty 3,120,629

Fab VC could come in! Schurrle might get a game if the Hazard ankle is worse than first thought looks pretty safe though a lot safer than my opponent anyway!

Fab VC could come in! Schurrle might get a game if the Hazard ankle is worse than first thought looks pretty safe though a lot safer than my opponent anyway!

Ya the only danger is Fab doing well for him - possible enough. He had 44 points last GW versus my 77. I've never made it through 2 rounds of the cup so it would be nice to get on a run this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Up against a lad who's at 900k from Stoke. He has a surprisingly decent team however - Clyne, Bertrand, Hazard, Sanchez, Costa and Sakho included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

i face off against someone ranked 3.1m..... if we had played each other this past gameweek id be gone already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Up against this zombie team

Screenshot%2B%2812%29.png

Gameweek gone(shown) they'd have beaten me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Another knockout cup competition for me to crash and burn in :)

Up against a zombie from Sweden at 2.5m. Rooney captain. Terry, Azpi and if Cech plays could be sketchy. Silva, Skrtel and Puncheon the other players of note. Hopefully should get past him but lets wait for Cech to play and Frazier Campbell to get a hat-trick all assisted by Puncheon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Think the Boardsies need to say how they got on in The Cup, scraped through 83-80. Hopefully we all have a good run.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Think the Boardsies need to say how they got on in The Cup, scraped through 83-80. Hopefully we all have a good run.

There is a cup thread going already. My opponent had terry, Cahill, eriksen and rooney (c) but the total from the reat was <5 so it was pretty comfortable.

Edit: wow that was a quick merge!!

Out of the cup by a zombie team.

Sterling - Silva - Sanchez - Sigurdsson midfield.

But that's the cup!

634D6ED4-8E00-4F38-902B-19756FF18A94_zpsyp97xy6r.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »

Handy win in the end 88-49

• Advertisement

87-49 here.

There will be sterner tests ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

81-75. Tight in the end but I thought it would be despite my rival's position of 900k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Out already. 60-48 to a zombie who captained rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

83 - 45 handy win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

67 - 45 win for me, zombie team of course, wasnt too happy with my score as i had 8 from my back 5!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Out to a zombie that hasn't changed team since start but has Rooney captain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Lost my cup game to a zombie team by 1 ****ing point, 73 -74 :(

They should really try and sort it so they have a system to weed the dead teams out of the cup!

Lost my cup game to a zombie team by 1 ****ing point, 73 -74 :(

They should really try and sort it so they have a system to weed the dead teams out of the cup!

Hell no. They should be easy wins!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Forgot it was the Cup 1st round. Never ever performed in it.

Was facing a guy who was ranked in the top 7k so 't'was a tough round but got through :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Through x3

Lost my first game, similar to every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

And another cup run over....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sounds like a Rooney hattrick will knock a lot of us out :pac:

And so it did. His Rooney(c), Terry, and Rosicky(lol) put him on his way to 89 points. He's laughing at me in zombie land.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

My zombie rose from the dead to win 83-71 with Captain Rooney, Silva, Terry (coming off the bench) and Skrtel doing most of the damage. A surprise that Mark Noble and Frazier Campbell only got 1 pointers while Ozil, Lovren and Cech didn't even start so I guess I can count myself lucky it wasn't more.

At least my proud tradition of going out in the 1st round of a knockout cup continues :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

when do we find out who we play next?

• Advertisement
Advertisement