Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live 8 as it happens....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Yeah thats very strange. When the guy said "Look busy, its the Boss", I was convinced Bruce Springsteen was going to come on. Shame, Dancing in the Dark can really get a crowd moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

BTW what station are you all watching on because I think the sound quality issues are only on BBC, sound seems ok on Network two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Is there aq guide to who's on when
    I'm recording in movie maker. but leaving on all day could be a bit of a pain.
    as in its very hard to work with a 20-30 gig file.

Dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

I'm wathcing on BBC, haven't noticed any bad sound quality

I'm watching on BBC because I think its slightly ahead and I don't think RTE have Johnno Ross. The sound seems fine to me on BBC2.

Kazaanova wrote:
    Yeah thats very strange. When the guy said "Look busy, its the Boss", I was convinced Bruce Springsteen was going to come on. Shame, Dancing in the Dark can really get a crowd moving.

That got me too

Dec

the front page of todays Indo gives a rough run down of who, when, and what they are playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol bill gates the dackdrops will blue screen now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

:D Wish someone would drown Dido....

• Advertisement

moshpit77 wrote:
    the front page of todays Indo gives a rough run down of who, when, and what they are playing

thanks but I don't have the indo.

Is there a link online

Thanks
    Dec

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Dread to think what she will sound like after playing in Cornwall and Paris later today.

and them little britain fools with her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

everyone should sign the petition on www.live8live.com
    just a helpful reminder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jcoshea

Rough listing for London on BBC
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4641889.stm

Snow Patrol on at 7.00, they rocked in Killarney last night and were delighted that Madonna would be supporting them

jcoshea wrote:
    Rough listing for London on BBC
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4641889.stm

Snow Patrol on at 7.00, they rocked in Killarney last night and were delighted that Madonna would be supporting them

Thats class
    Thanx

Dec

• Advertisement

YES, YES YES!!

Snoop Dogg is gonna perform Nothin' But a G Thang. AT LIVE 8!! I hate all rap except for Snoop and Dre, and even if you hate them too, it doesnt get better than Snoop singing G Thang for charity.

Ricky Gervais coming up shortly introducing rem, Razorlight after snoop too.

imagine ricky did the david brent dance on the stage. in front of 5 billion people or whatever it is!hahaha, we can all hope and pray for it...

If Ricky does his Brent dance, at Live8, in front of 5 billion people, he'll never ever be able to escape from that character, even as hard as he trys now, it will be a billion times worst.

Kazaanova wrote:
    If Ricky does his Brent dance, at Live8, in front of 5 billion people, he'll never ever be able to escape from that character, even as hard as he trys now, it will be a billion times worst.

yea thats true, but it would be too amazing!can't see it happening though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

green day are disgracing themselves before my very own eyes, bj armstrong totally off with the vocals :( . the berlin set up looks tiny :confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Watching Green Day performing in Berlin at present, the Germans look like they're having fun anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭endac1

oh my god he's gonna do it!!!

He did the dance!

Good luck to him ever being seen as another character, or even just Ricky Gervais.

That aid thing was hilarious though.

it was very half hearted from him though. ah well, fair balls to him

REM are looking and sounding good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Someone tell the REM guy he has something on his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

green day just recovered with a stirring harmonica solo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I can't blame him, hes such a comic genius, it must be annoying constantly being asked to do one of the more dumbed down jokes off the show. And the dance was so funny, because of the context and how it was used, and the reaction of people, and the great dance before it etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

THEY F***:mad:ING CUT REM OFF

what the hell were they thinking going to an interview during man on the moon - what a quality song!

Finally the hyde park crowd gets up off their asses.
    Woo, man on the moon!

Cant wait to see Neil Young in Toronto. Anyone know the set list for the other countrys like Paris, Philly and Toronto? Theres some really good acts playing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

But for doing the dance he gets a beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

besty wrote:
    what the hell were they thinking going to an interview during man on the moon - what a quality song!
    Jeez - Missing half of 'man on the moon' to interview two schoolkids who drifted backstage - Somebody should be fired for that cock-up.

RainyDay wrote:
    Jeez - Missing half of 'man on the moon' to interview two schoolkids who drifted backstage - Somebody should be fired for that cock-up.

Yes, fried, live on stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

How in gods name did they cut rem off! what a bad bad mistake

• Advertisement

Heres Kofi Annan to do a cover of G Thang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

anyone know what the deal is with the coverage not switching from bbc2 to bbc1, was anythiing said? Im recording it and have to go play football at 5 so i wont be around to switch channel, dont want to end up recording 3 hours of bbc2 when its on bbc1. It was supposed to switch at 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

My god, what a ****e crowd. I don't think alcohol would fix it either. They should have streamed the few thousand people who get into the front enclosure to determine if they gave a **** or not. They probably all won their VIP tickets in Heat magazine.

The organisers should eject all the people who are sitting down and texting their mothers while REM perform.. christ.

Anyway, the other gigs look great.

• Advertisement

Muse should be playing in London.

hey I didn't know Muse were playing in Paris.
    They should've shown more.
    plus they just cut off Paul McC in mid-sentence.

Well they had to cut Paul McC off, we wouldnt want to miss the all important Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

muse are now in paris, placebo are on around 7 i think, only playing 2 songs, one of which is with the cure(probaly boys dont cry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

did anyone put there names on the list? you dont have to log-in and there is no spam. just sign your name and where you from. also you can send a image to the site Gallery.

http://www.live8live.com/list/

http://www.live8live.com/live8/imageHome.do

• Advertisement
Advertisement