Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Luke Strong is about to flee to Brazil - after fleecing £90,000 from Rosie Webster.
    The factory boss takes the poor little rich girl to bed - and then to the cleaners.

The gullible teenager has been flashing the cash - she splashed out on a Porsche - since her jailed kidnapper John Stape paid her £125,000 to ease his conscience.

Luke, played by Craig Kelly, has been lying about owning, rather than just running, the Underworld knickers factory.

But he needs to get out before the real owner Carla (Alison King) returns from her extended trip to Los Angeles.

Luke, realising Rosie is infatuated with him, tells her he needs £90,000 for an investment that will make them both rich.

He claims he can do this by selling Rosie (Helen Flanagan) his alleged share of the factory.

So her parents don't spoil his plan, Luke convinces her to keep the deal secret, saying: "Imagine their faces when you make your big announcement. It will be brilliant."

Luke, after a night of nookie, persuades Rosie to transfer her money to his account, saying his solicitor will draw up papers the next day.

But he withdraws the cash and books a one-way flight to Rio.

Rosie will be left reeling when she realises she has been duped.

Craig, 38, revealed in June that he was leaving the ITV1 soap.

He said: "I've had a ball as Luke - and though it has been fun, I always knew he would be a character that would enter the Street in mysterious circumstances, ruffle feathers, make his mark and leave.

"Being in Corrie was something I wanted to do but I didn't want to stay too long."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

It will be worth watching just to see Rosie Webster get what she deserves:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Brilliant!!!

I can imagine that Rosie putting on that stupid pout!!

Rosie and Sally's faces look will be priceless when they find out :p

Boyzone hunk rolleyes.gif Keith Duffy is making a sensational return to Coronation Street.

The 34-year-old pop star has been in comeback talks with producers this week.

Duffy played barman Ciaran McCarthy for two years before leaving the ITV1 soap in 2005 to spend more time with his family.

Writers want to bring the charmer back to team up with old pal Peter Barlow on his gastro-pub venture to rival the Rovers.

Ladies' man Ciaran could also make a play for ex-girlfriend Sunita Parekh (Shobna Gulati), also returning to Weatherfield later this year.

Dubliner Keith is currently on a reunion tour with Boyzone stars Ronan Keating, Stephen Gately, Mikey Graham and Shane Lynch but has always been keen to resume his TV career.

He is set to sign a six-month deal with an option to extend it by six months. During his time on the street, Ciaran was involved in a string of romantic entanglements with women including Sunita, Tracy Barlow and Bev Unwin.

He also proved his bravery by dashing into a burning building to rescue Sunita and husband Dev.

A Corrie source said last night: "Everything is in place for him to return in the New Year. It's exciting to have him back."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flowertot

jos28 wrote: »
    It will be worth watching just to see Rosie Webster get what she deserves:D

its about time never liked her anyway:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

WHAT :confused: Keith Duffy's going back to Corrie?!!

Ringo you traitor! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

JP Liz wrote: »
    she splashed out on a Porsche

Not being picky :D but she doesn't drive a Porsche, it's a PGO Cevennes so that was only 30k of her money spent. Plenty left for Luke to get his hands on.

Tony Gordon will confess to Roy Cropper about how he had Liam Connor murdered.

The twisted businessman had his love rival run over during his stag party.

Tony (Gray O’Brien, 40)makes the revelation to café owner Roy after a health scare leaves him determined to come clean about his sins.

Roy (David Neilson, 59) is by Tony’s side when he collapses and is rushed to hospital.

He agrees to keep him company as he recovers. But in tense scenes Tony reveals: “You’re a good man Roy Cropper. So I need to make a confession to you.

“I killed him Roy‚ I killed Liam, I killed Liam!”

Roy begs Tony to tell the police. Fans will have to wait and see whether Tony does the right thing or if Roy turns him in.

Either way, Tony’s new romance with sexy Maria Connor (Samia Smith, 25) is going to end in tears as she finally learns the truth.

Liam was Maria’s husband and the father of her son.

But Tony has since wormed his way into her life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JennyMaguire

Whats this about Peter opening a new bar?

• Advertisement

Whats this about Peter opening a new bar?

The Rovers Return is to get a rival for business from Coronation Street's drinkers - a swanky new wine bar.
    Bookie Peter Barlow takes on the boozers' institution with a flash gaff that swaps Newton & Ridley ales for European lagers.

The bar and eatery - in the disused Turner's Joinery building - will also have a wine cellar for more "upmarket" clientele. It will be the first-ever boozer to open on the same cobbled road as the Rovers - although there are other pubs nearby.

Peter wants Leanne to run the place and even plans to sell the bookie to finance it all. But Ken is not keen on his alcoholic son to be involved in this venture.

The storyline will air in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Meller wrote: »
    WHAT :confused: Keith Duffy's going back to Corrie?!!

Ringo you traitor! :mad:

lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I would love to see Mad Maya return for some more hell raising :D.
    Defo my favourite character of the last few years, she was so off the wall...they didn't kill her off iirc. Just off to the looney bin :cool:

mfitzy wrote: »
    I would love to see Mad Maya return for some more hell raising :D.
    Defo my favourite character of the last few years, she was so off the wall...they didn't kill her off iirc. Just off to the looney bin :cool:

Oh god yea forgot all about her, the mad yoke that was having it away with Dev wadnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Oh god yea forgot all about her, the mad yoke that was having it away with Dev wadnt it?

I think they were engaged and all but then Sunita had a brain tumour and Dev realised he still loved her... the rest wrote itself :). Basically she kidnapped them all and tried to blow them up above Devs shop..and she fire bombed the other shops :D. Pure legend she was/is...and didn't she dog-nap Tyrone's dog as well ??

Liam Connor will be rolling in his grave as his killer Tony Gordon proposes to his widow.

The Corrie murderer pops the question to Maria right next to Liam's grave on the anniversary of his death.

Removing his wedding ring, Tony (Gary O'Brien, 40) tells Maria,: "I've never felt like I do about you with anyone else, even Carla.

"You and the baby are everything. Marry me Maria."

Fans will be screaming at their TVs when Maria (Samia Smith, 25) repllies: Yes, yes of course. Of course I will. On Tony I love you so much."

Maria moves close to Liam's grave and whispers to him: "You know I'll always remember you."

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Ahh - isn't that nice. :)

I think they'll settle down and have a long and happy marriage, probably taking the place of Jack and Vera Duckworth in viewers' affections.

Either that, or . . . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

From The Sun

I cant say they will be missed - all rubbish characters

I think if Norris and Mary were given some good stories they would have made a great couple. The night she was dancing inside the van in the street was very funny. Pity some-one had not seen Norris come out of the van after seeing it moving. The gossip around weather-firld would be fab.

Kevin Webster's clandestine affair with Molly Dobbs in Coronation Street is to take a tragic turn for the worse when Kevin's wife Sally is diagnosed with breast cancer.

Producers at the Weatherfield soap are working hand-in-hand with a panel of breast cancer experts and charities to ensure that Sally's story is portrayed as realistic as possible.

Over the coming months, Kevin (Michael Le Vell) and his mistress Molly (Vicky Binns) continue meeting in secret for steamy sessions at a motel behind their respective partners' backs. However, the pair reach a crossroads in their affair when Molly asks Kevin to make a decision about their potential future together.

Kevin's world comes crashing down around him, though, when Sally - played by 46-year-old Sally Whittaker - breaks the tragic news that she has found a lump on her breast and has been diagnosed with the disease.

Unbeknown to her family, Sally has kept her shock discovery a secret until the doctors informed her of the biopsy results. On hearing the life-changing news, a guilt-ridden Kevin is forced to choose between supporting his wife and family through the turbulent time ahead or continue seeing Molly.

Speaking of the plot, Whittaker said: "I do know women who have suffered or are suffering from breast cancer. For the last year, I have been fundraising for breast cancer charities and am a long-standing patron for The Genesis Appeal. So, when I was told about this storyline I was determined to do it justice for all the women out there who are going through what Sally is."

She continued: "A few years ago, I found a lump and was sent to get it checked out straight away. I was lucky that it proved to be nothing but the time spent waiting to find out the results was agonising."

A Coronation Street spokesperson added: "Breast cancer is a disease which affects so many women and their families. We are keen to ensure that the storyline accurately reflects the many problems and issues faced by breast cancer sufferers."

Sally will receive the devastating news in December.

Producers uncharacteristically took the decision to release story information earlier than usual to enable the show to work openly and closely with its panel of experts.

Should be a good storyline if handled and acted well - Corrie dont do many cancer storylines except for Alma

Should be a good storyline if handled and acted well - Corrie dont do many cancer storylines except for Alma

Well done to Corri for doing such a story, but why could it not be testicular cancer. Maybe, its just me, but i think we hear alot about Breast Cancer, but dont hear enough about testicular cancer. How often do you hear of fellows on TV saying that they check themselves out. I think the only one to get it in the soaps i watch is Zac Dingle.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Well done to Corri for doing such a story, but why could it not be testicular cancer.

I don't think Sally has any testicles. :D

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I don't think Sally has any testicles. :D

Lots of the fellows do however.

I'd like to see a breast cancer storyline done about a fella

Is the story still going ahead that Molly gets pregnant and isnt sure whether Ty or Kevin is the dad??

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Lots of the fellows do however.

I'd be doubtful about Dev's uncle.

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I'd be doubtful about Dev's uncle.

Get Gail to check him out. Has checked enough fellows out and am sure that many more will be in the years ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Is an affair on the cards for Jesse and Julie...
    Coronation Street's Katy Cavanagh and John Thomson were filming on location in Salford yesterday as Julie and Jesse work together behind Eileen's (Sue Cleaver) back.

It was reported a while ago that Jesse was to take a shine to his girlfriend Eileen's half-sister Julie and when he takes her on as General Custard's Hia-Lowa, they're forced to keep it a secret.

How long before their working relationship turns to something more?

Meanwhile, John's finally released from prison and Fiz goes to collect him, before heading to a quiet location for a picnic.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a178648/corrie-location-pics-jesse-julie-fiz-and-john.html

More misery for poor Eileen...she should just do the decent thing and go after someone like Norris

Epicurus wrote: »
    Is an affair on the cards for Jesse and Julie...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a178648/corrie-location-pics-jesse-julie-fiz-and-john.html

More misery for poor Eileen...she should just do the decent thing and go after someone like Norris

Would you really inflick that on anyone.

Kym Marsh has banned her kids from watching Corrie killer Tony Gordon's trial - because her character Michelle SPITS on him.
    Michelle will be in court when twisted Tony (Gray O'Brien) first appears charged with murdering her brother Liam.

The barmaid erupts when evil Tony is led down from the dock - and flashes a defiant grin at her screen son Ryan.

Furious at the unrepentant killer's nerve, Michelle jumps to her feet and screams at him: "Don't you dare smile at my son, you filthy murderer.

"And don't ever, ever look at any of our family again. We want you to rot in hell."

The magistrate quickly orders Michelle to sit down and be quiet - or be held in contempt of court.

But she yells at Tony: "I spit on you, murderer!" before summoning up a mouthful and aiming it at his face. While ex-Hear'Say singer Kym, 33, admits the scenes will make great telly she realises spitting is a serious issue that police class as common assault.

So she is determined not to let her children Emily, 12, and Ryan, 14, watch the scenes.

Kym told a friend: "I haven't the faintest idea how to spit. I've never done it in my life.

"Hopefully this will be the one and only time I'll have to - although I'm going to have to practise a lot if I'm to pull it off convincingly.

"That's one episode that I'll certainly be banning my kids from watching.

"It's hardly a good example to set them."

Tony confesses to Roy Cropper
    Tony Gordon decides he must bump off loveable couple Roy and Hayley Cropper after they discover he was behind Liam's death.

The twisted factory boss (Gray O'Brien) threatens to take both their lives after confessing to Roy about his part in the murder on what he thinks is his deathbed in Weatherfield General Hospital.

Do-gooder Roy (David Neilson) finds Tony after he has a heart attack and stays with him in intensive care, where he's not expected to survive the night.

Thinking he's about to die, Tony tells Roy: "There's something I have to say - I killed Liam! I killed him!"

But Tony makes an unexpected recovery and Roy orders him to hand himself in to police at once.

When Roy threatens to tell the cops himself, Tony warns him he might "have a tragic accident".

Poor Roy makes things worse by confiding in wife Hayley (Julie Hesmondhalgh), who advises him to go to the police straight away.

But Tony soon finds out that Hayley knows his secret too in the gripping Christmas plot.

TV Biz's man on the cobbles said: "The storyline will come to a climax in the New Year.

"The writers thought Roy and Hayley would be ideal to be a big part of the plotline that sees evil Tony finally get his comeuppance."

• Advertisement

Oh good god, state a Fizz`s wedding dress!!!:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement