Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Going to put a small bet on Louisville to upset Florida State tonight. Just have a funny feeling that tonight is the night their streak comes to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,638 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jeebus, Seminoles down 14 in the second quarter to Louisville.

Edit: And Jameis intercepted on the first play. Cardinals should score again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

eagle eye wrote: »
    Jeebus, Seminoles down 14 in the second quarter to Louisville.

Edit: And Jameis intercepted on the first play. Cardinals should score again here.

Yeah silly penalty to conceded but they should still get that TD the way they've been driving lately. Looks like Jameis is going to have to engineer another comeback for the ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Great start for you JaMarcus, couldnt ask for anything better in fairness

21-0 now.

• Advertisement

21-7, ridic td for the Seminoles, they fumble the ball and it misses everybody and rolls into the end and Florida State manage to fall on it.

24-14 now with 10 minutes left in the third. Travis Rudolph wide open and Winston found him easily right there. Have a feeling that the Seminoles are going to come back yet again in this one.

Cook 40 yard run and its now 24-21 to the Cards. Seminoles D has stepped up big time.

Seminoles miss the field goal to tie it up. 1 minute left in the third.

Winston to Lane, 28-24 Seminoles.

• Advertisement

Cards back in front after a Lane 1 yard td run, 31-28 but the noles are on the move again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Checkin in on the scores, that looks like the ball game with that failed 4th down conversion. Gave them a good run though

42-31 for the noles in the end. They just keep doing it even when they look beat.

Sigh. Winston is too good. That performance to me cements him as the #1 pick in the draft. Whatever about his off field antics, on the field he's head and shoulders above everyone. Personally, he's the best college QB I've seen in terms of handling the blitz.

In other news, the Kenny Trill bandwagon has come to an ugly halt. Kyle Allen is now the starter at QB for the Aggies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

If O'Leary doesn't make the pros I'm sure the WWE might sign him

Sigh. Winston is too good. That performance to me cements him as the #1 pick in the draft. Whatever about his off field antics, on the field he's head and shoulders above everyone. Personally, he's the best college QB I've seen in terms of handling the blitz.

In other news, the Kenny Trill bandwagon has come to an ugly halt. Kyle Allen is now the starter at QB for the Aggies.

Not the wisest of moves of Kenny to patent that nick name! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

i agree for all the off field stupidity he's fantastically "clutch" and nfl teams value that over all else he's number 1 overall if the team picking number one have a qb they still consider taking him or get a rg3 type haul (although maybe a bit less i felt that was an insane amount to give up at the time) he will also kill the combine if he participates and i think he will.

at this stage he would be crazy to stay on another year at fsu as well he has at least 1 bcs he has at least 1 heisman and he's more or less guaranteed to be the number one overall. he benefits nothing from staying on and if anything he risks having an atrocious year and falling off ala matt barkley or taylor mays

nerd69 wrote: »
    i agree for all the off field stupidity he's fantastically "clutch" and nfl teams value that over all else he's number 1 overall if the team picking number one have a qb they still consider taking him or get a rg3 type haul (although maybe a bit less i felt that was an insane amount to give up at the time) he will also kill the combine if he participates and i think he will.

at this stage he would be crazy to stay on another year at fsu as well he has at least 1 bcs he has at least 1 heisman and he's more or less guaranteed to be the number one overall. he benefits nothing from staying on and if anything he risks having an atrocious year and falling off ala matt barkley or taylor mays

If the team picking first don't have a QB for the future (Raiders or Jags might be there and they are fine) then he goes number 1, no question.

It could be another Jamarcus Russel show if he goes to Indy for the combine. I can already see him staying in Florida and heading to Tampa Bay with the first overall pick!! :)

Hopefully it doesn't happen, but he would be a perfect fit for the Jets if their horror show continues.

How he plays against the blitz and how he runs that hurry up offense - they are 2 BIG factors I look at amongst other things for trying to predict NFL success and Winston is the best in those 2 categorise I've ever seen. He'll be a massive, massive success in the NFL imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

Would you take him if yor the raiders Carr looks very good but winston is potentially franchise changing. If al was still there there would be no quiestion he's als wet dream of a qb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Wouldnt want him for Jets would prefer Mariota. I am afraid his off the field problems would only increase in New York as he strikes me as a very immature individual. So far every misdemeanor has been excused to the point of even the local police covering for him. The same wont apply in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Pitt and Duke have gone to overtime. The Pitt running back, James Conner, having a beast of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Winston is still a mental case off the field. Makes Manziel look grounded by comparison. Cam had his character questioned because of genuinely small incidents, the ones that surround Winston are altogether darker and more alarming.

Will take a Jets-like fortitude for drama to draft him #1.

Wind chill in the 30s in Jacksonville for Florida and Georgia and very possibility Muschamp's last game as the Gator head coach.

Wow, Nick Chubb is some stand in for Todd Gurley.

Florida tie it up 7 - 7 with a TD off a fake field goal. Their defense is also playing well so the Gators well in this game.

Florida score a TD off their first drive of the second half. Gators have established the run game. Up 21 - 7.

Florida now up 31 - 7 in the 4th quarter. Georgia's chances of making the playoffs are gone. And TCU are in a spot of bother against West Virginia.

What's the thinking tonight in the big Auburn vs Ole Miss tonight? Can Ole Miss bounce back?

• Advertisement

TCU with a 37 yard FG to win this.

Nailed it!

Advertisement