Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭nerd69

arrelious been has been cut I'm supprised they cut him so early as far as i know he's back healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

I am hearing that Lane Johnson will be suspended for the first 4 games of next season for testing positive for PED's.
    Bit of a blow to the start of your season I would think.

Lionbacker wrote: »
    I am hearing that Lane Johnson will be suspended for the first 4 games of next season for testing positive for PED's.
    Bit of a blow to the start of your season I would think.

feck it anyway is it just me or does the nfl seem to be really ramping up the ped testing?

to be fair dennis kelly is a good back up but johnson as a raw prospect coming out and having a great rookie season looks like he is going to really have a great season. i think we should beat the jags anyway but he will be a massive loss against the colts skins and 9ers.

allen barber out for 4-6 weeks so where down to 3rd choice right tackle until lane returns.

mathis is not expected to be out for the season more news should be coming on him soon

mathis out for 8 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

I still think foles is not the QB for the eagles.

I dare someone to say Foles is not **** now.

Deadpool wrote: »

foles is not **** he's playing with no o-line massivly unfair to judge him off of that game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Foles is not ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

nerd69 wrote: »
    foles is not **** he's playing with no o-line massivly unfair to judge him off of that game

Totally agree, the Eagles O line tonight were totally rubbish. They reminded me of the Pats O line this season. No QB can operate without proper O line protection and the time to make his reads. When you can't even get a run game going to keep the defense honest. You're waving bye-bye to establishing a platform for the pass & some play action. I don't know how anyone can blame Foles for tonight's performance.

• Advertisement

Foles missed so many throws in all 4 games. He is not the QB that everyone thinks he is. We can make excuses all day long but if you watch back the game he just point blank does not get the job done..How quick were people to blame Vick when the line did not do its job and he still made something happen. That last drive he could have tryed to run it in. He could have hit the WR right in front of him and he might have turned it over the line but no he throws it out the back of the endzone on 4th down...Keep blameing the oline all you want but at some stage Foles will have to step up play or step out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Is Tom Brady ****?

kryogen wrote: »
    Is Tom Brady ****?

When he plays bad he is. Do you really really think Foles looked good last night, Forget the line. And just look at what he did. He put one drive together,one only. Look how many times we got to,hit and hurried the 49r's and kap just happened to score some TD's.
    I love the Eagles but I think we are just so wrapped up we cant see the forest for the tree's. All the talk is about how tough foles is getting hit and getting up. During last season I said Foles wasnt that good and now we can all see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

When he plays bad he is. Do you really really think Foles looked good last night, Forget the line. And just look at what he did. He put one drive together,one only. Look how many times we got to,hit and hurried the 49r's and kap just happened to score some TD's.
    I love the Eagles but I think we are just so wrapped up we cant see the forest for the tree's. All the talk is about how tough foles is getting hit and getting up. During last season I said Foles wasnt that good and now we can all see it.
    Foles is a very good quarterback. One bad game doesn't make him sh1t. Every quarterback has a few bad games during the season. He was getting hit a lot because of a very frail O-line. And sure just look at how close it was after. Had Kelly declined the penalty the field goal would have been tougher. Had it missed all we would have need was the drive Foles hit and then we would have kicked a field goal and let our defensive line (who had a good game) try and stop them getting into range.
    The sign of how good a QB is at his job is when the chips are down in the fourth quarter. He put together a very good drive so that proves he isn't as crap as you are making him out to be

I hope I am proved wrong I really do. At the end of the day I just want the Eagles to be the best.

i think roles was far from the biggest issue to be honest I'm not shure why we didn't try running lesean up the gut once or twice as the sweeps outside where getting less than nothing.

also can the o-line play better next week with lane back means herrimans can go back to guard so it could solidify one side of the line for us anyway

also for the bad game foles had he threw a go ahead td pass but cooper dropped it

He looked poor all game. He threw the ball just random down field. He fumbled it at a key time for no good reason. If he was doing this for the cowboys we would be all over him but lets keep makeing excuses. I think chip should sit him for a game and maybe he might come back fighting.

**** sake kelce and mathis due back in the next week or two and now herrimans has torn his bicep. he's going to try to play through it but realistically he's blocking with one arm for the rest of the year if he does :mad:

Not too bad from Mark Sanchez. What do the rest of you think? Can he get wins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

Looked decent for a guy rolling off the bench mid-season. Apparently was great in pre-season too.
    Two interceptions but first wasn't his fault.
    Hopefully can continue against the panthers, because it's a pretty rough schedule after that

yes i think sanchez can get us wins to be honest foles has been average enough this season so i think sanchez can step in and do the same or possibly better. foles probably has the better arm talent but sanchez can move a bit better and has better footwork.

all in all i think the loss of demeco is a wayyyyyyyy bigger deal.

and on offence i think the return of mathis is a wayyy bigger deal.

also please god the cowboys do there thing and fall apart now

I'm also hearing a lot about how **** the surface is on the texans pitch i know its a bit hypocritical coming from a team that played in the vet but if its causing that many injures they should be made change it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

nerd69 wrote: »
    yes i think sanchez can get us wins to be honest foles has been average enough this season so i think sanchez can step in and do the same or possibly better. foles probably has the better arm talent but sanchez can move a bit better and has better footwork.

all in all i think the loss of demeco is a wayyyyyyyy bigger deal.

and on offence i think the return of mathis is a wayyy bigger deal.

also please god the cowboys do there thing and fall apart now

I'd say Sanchez has a better arm than nick as well as better mobility but I don't think he's close to as good of a game manager. Guess it's up to Chip to get him ready. Not overly worried tho as I think the system is fairly forgiving for the qb.

good interview from pete caroll on the matchup with the eagles this week well with a look also does anyone else think he gives a very very similar press conference to chip?

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Week-14-Wednesday-Press-Conference/ae5a1706-ef5a-4e73-81a3-9a1e8f8336f5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

My Ravens need corners and I see Cary Williams may get cut

He was signed off the Titans practice squad, worked his way up to starter, won a Superbowl and got his payday

Fans never liked him and not his hothead attitude. He was known to cuss out veterans like Ray Lewis on the sidelines. Played well at times and godawful other times. Thats cornerback for ya, if you are beat everyone sees it I guess

Still to pair him up on the outside with Jimmy Smith, two 6' plus corners and moving Ladarius Webb to the slot sounds semi attractive to me.

What do Eagles fans think of Williams? Seems to be an easy guy to dislike but is he an effective player and would you like him to be kept?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

After 3 years of the name of this thread irritating me, it is now Thread and not Tread
    :D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    My Ravens need corners and I see Cary Williams may get cut

He was signed off the Titans practice squad, worked his way up to starter, won a Superbowl and got his payday

Fans never liked him and not his hothead attitude. He was known to cuss out veterans like Ray Lewis on the sidelines. Played well at times and godawful other times. Thats cornerback for ya, if you are beat everyone sees it I guess

Still to pair him up on the outside with Jimmy Smith, two 6' plus corners and moving Ladarius Webb to the slot sounds semi attractive to me.

What do Eagles fans think of Williams? Seems to be an easy guy to dislike but is he an effective player and would you like him to be kept?

doubt it to be honest it would mean getting two starting corners this year i think we will keep him and get someone to start across for him he does have a huge contract though the only reason iv heard that we may cut him is if chip feels he can get two guys for the same money there paying him
    After 3 years of the name of this thread irritating me, it is now Thread and not Tread

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's being reported that the Eagles are going to release Todd herremans today. I know he's nearly 33 and missed a few games last season but he's still a superb OL player and whoever he lands with will get a great player.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's being reported that the Eagles are going to release Todd herremans today. I know he's nearly 33 and missed a few games last season but he's still a superb OL player and whoever he lands with will get a great player.

that makes me sad

Advertisement