Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is my computer worth?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

Hi im selling my old desktop to a friend just wondering how much its worth

Phenom X4 955
    ASRock G880 Extreme 3
    Xigmatek GoGreen 500W PSU
    ASUS 7750 graphics card
    Xigmatek Asgard case
    Windows 7
    DVD writer
    Corsair 4gb (2x2gb)
    2 1TB HDDs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm not playing many games at the moment and my gaming rig is very big so I'm thinking of getting rid of it, depending on how much I'd get for it, any ideas greatly appreciated.

Primary HDD 256GB SSD
    Other drives - 4 x 3TB drive and 1 x 1.5
    Video - Dual nVidia GTX680
    RAM - 12GB
    Processor - i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz
    Case - Alienware Area 51 Venting case.
    Primary Optical Drive - Blu Ray Read/DVD RW
    Other Opticals - Multi-Card Reader & DVD RW
    Keyboard & Mouse - Logitech G19 & G9

I've built a lot of this system myself by buying bits and pieces here and there, it really isn't used much, maybe gaming (CoD or BF3) once or twice a month, I was going to use it as a file server (hence the amount of storage) but it's way too noisey to leave turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

Just ordered my new build today and am hoping to sell my current rig,not sure how to price it or whether i should split it into bundles

specs as follows

corsair osbidan 800d
    1500 watt thermaltake psu
    evga classified x58 3 way sli mo/bo
    i7 950 cpu
    12 gig corsair dominator gt 2000mhz ram
    2x 256 gig ocz agility 3 ssds
    1x 2tb hdd
    dual 6970 2 gig gpus in crossfire
    1x gtx 285 for physics card
    xfi platinum fatality soundcard with front panel
    lian li fan controller
    eco coolit dual rad cpu cooler
    blu ray rw drive
    dvd rw drive
    logitech z5500 sound system
    microsoft sidewinder x8 mouse and keyboard
    im also hoping to sell my dell 30" and 2x 20" ultrasharp monitors (gaming resolution of 4960x1600)

what would you recommend as a price ????

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I may need to move to the US in the near future, so I'm considering getting rid of my complete system along with keyboard, mouse, accessories and top monitor.

The system is only months old. Put together in September. Any help with evaluating things would be really appreciated... okay, here we go. I think this should be everything.

CPU: INTEL CORE i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz - - currently overclocked to 4.2/4.3 GHz, capable of much more.
    CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator Quiet CPU Cooler (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noctua-D14-2011-Dual-Radiator-Cooler/dp/B0062K6BIC ) - ALSO COMES WITH STOCK INTEL COOLER
    Video: 4GB EVGA GTX 670 (superclocked) 4096MB w/ Backplate
    RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyper-x GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (4 x 4GB)
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P8Z770V PRO: PCI-E 3.0 / WIFI built in
    PSU: 750W Corsair Enthusiast Series
    CASE: NZXT PHANTOM 410 (White)
    1st HDD: 120GB SSD - Intel 330 Series
    2nd HDD: 500GB WD HD (Caviar, if I remember correctly)

MONITOR: 27" YAMAKASI CATLEAP (2703 LED 27" 2560X1440 WQHD IPS DVI Monitor Tempered glass) - see http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-2703-LED-27-2560X1440-WQHD-IPS-DVI-Monitor-Tempered-glassl-/110920266460?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19d35cf2dc#ht_23784wt_1158
    MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012 Edition, including RAZER SPHEX (large mouse mat)
    KEYBOARD: Microsoft RED LED Gaming keyboard
    SOUND/SPEAKERS: Creative Labs T6100 - 5.1 Speakers with Subwoofer
    HEADSET: Creative Sound Blaster TATIC 3d ALPHA
    EXTERNAL HD: 1TB

CUSTOM FIT DUST FILTERS & CASE FANS: DEMCiflex Dustfilter Set for NZXT Phantom 410 - Black/Black (see http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-031-DF )
    1x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1850 RPM - 3 Pin
    2x BitFenix Spectre Pro All White 140mm" (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008FY3LWW/ref=pe_217191_31005151_3p_dp_1)

Almost forgot! There's a DvD drive in there too and the PC runs a full upgraded version of Windows 8.

Picture of case
    6c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Maragenie

Just looking at it and off the top of my head I'd price them parts at around €2300 brand new and that's looking for the cheapest prices because I recently only built a new PC. That said it'll be very hard to shift it because of the economy and value of the system.

You might get €1600-€1800.

Nice rig, you selling the monitor separate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Maragenie wrote: »
    Just looking at it and off the top of my head I'd price them parts at around €2300 brand new and that's looking for the cheapest prices because I recently only built a new PC. That said it'll be very hard to shift it because of the economy and value of the system.

You might get €1600-€1800.

Nice rig, you selling the monitor separate?

Hey thanks for the reply.

I'll try gather up the receipts etc and calculate exactly what it cost me. I shopped around and built in stages from September. Most prices were in sterling - pretty sure altogether it was over 2300 euro anyway :P

I think you're right, it will be best to split it considering the value.

I'd definitely consider selling the monitor separately. It's not yet definite that I'd be selling - I'm waiting for some news to come in the next month which will dictate whether or not I need the cash! So just wanted to get a rough evaluation at this stage.

Thanks for your help.

vard wrote: »
    Hey thanks for the reply.

I'll try gather up the receipts etc and calculate exactly what it cost me. I shopped around and built in stages from September. Most prices were in sterling - pretty sure altogether it was over 2300 euro anyway :P

I think you're right, it will be best to split it considering the value.

I'd definitely consider selling the monitor separately. It's not yet definite that I'd be selling - I'm waiting for some news to come in the next month which will dictate whether or not I need the cash! So just wanted to get a rough evaluation at this stage.

Thanks for your help.

Aye no worries pal, I'll probably have a monitor by then though because I', stuck for one right now myself.

Regardless, if you decide to sell at anytime you'll get me on adverts with the same username.

Good luck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm still waiting to pick up a second hand catleap/achieva/crossover 27" ips for around 200. I live in hope :D

Nice rig there, definitely sell it separately. Anybody spending that much will buy a new one themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Hey lads, thinking of selling a PC to a mate and was wondering what would be a fair price:

PC: XPS 430 (specs here:http://www.dell.com/us/dfh/p/xps-430/pd)
    RAM: 6 gig DDR3 Memory
    Processor: Q9400 Quad Core @ 2.66Ghz
    GPU: Geforce 8800 GTX 768MB
    HDD: 2 X 1TB Sata HDD

(think thats all I added to my machine over the years)

I was thinking around the 300 - 350 mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

djsim101 wrote: »
    I was thinking around the 300 - 350 mark?

If you're lucky... CPU and graphics performance compare some entry-level computer today (AMD A-8 for example), which you'll get for 350 yoyos.

• Advertisement

ah okay, cheers, i thought the graphics card was better than that. Will drop it down so, hate to burn a mate.

djsim101 wrote: »
    ah okay, cheers, i thought the graphics card was better than that. Will drop it down so, hate to burn a mate.

Well, 300 is fair enough but you'll hardly get more. The 8800 GTX was high end 7 years ago, by today's standards it's lower mid-range at best and the AMD AMD A8-3870K with its on-chip Radeon HD 6550D is pretty much comparable to your system.

ahh that's grand, cheers for the info.Pc's sure de-value much quicker than i remembered:D

They sure do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 16MB Cache
    Intel i5 2500k 3.30GHZ running totally stable @ 4.40GHz
    Coirsair A50 High Performance CPU Cooler
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Modular 600W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply
    Corsair Carbide 300R Mid Tower Case (Black)
    EVGA Geforce GTX 480 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

I'm thinking 450-500 is fair to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Hello all just wondering what an Acer ASPIRE 5715Z is worth

Running Win XP
    Intel pentium dualcore T2310
    1.46Ghz 533Mhz 1MB L2 cache
    Mobile Intel GraphicsMedia Accelerator X3100
    512MB DDR2
    15.4 wxga acer crystalbrite lcd
    80GB HD
    DVD Super multi layer
    and WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Wondering what people think the following is worth, its slightly different not looking to sell it was just recently bought by a friend, so kinda wondering how good a deal he got.

Case: Antec 1200 case
    Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E
    Processor: Core i7 950 think just stock cooler nothing fancy anyway
    Graphics: nVidia MSI GeForce GTX 580
    Ram: 6GB Kingston 1600Mhz
    Power: Antec 750 Power Supply
    Storage: 230 GB and 640GB Harddisks, not sure other specs here
    Optical: Blue Ray reader, DVD Writer
    Monitor: 27" Acer not sure the model
    Speakers: Dell 2.1 set of speakers again not sure model
    Also a nice microsoft keyboard and asus pci wifi card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'm about to pop an ad up for my pc bit's and I'm looking for advice on a fair asking price.

Intel i7 2700K
    8GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP
    Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z
    Seasonic M12II-520
    Corsair A70
    Fractal Design Arc Mini
    AOC I2353FH 23" IPS Monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fizman wrote: »
    Will probably be putting my system up for sale soon.....would really appreciate a ball park valuation!

Mother Board: ABIT IN9 32X-MAX WiFi, nForce-680i SLI, Socket-775,ATX,2xGbLAN,DDR2,2xPCI-Ex16
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 8MB, BOXED w/fan
    GPU: XFX GeForce 8800GT 670M 512MB XXX GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDCP, 670/1950Mhz
    Tower: Gigabyte 3D Aurora GZ-FSCA1-AN Black Aluminium Body (Without PSU)
    Disc Drive: Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S203N, 20x, Dual, LightScribe, Black, OEM, SATA
    HD: Samsung SpinPoint T166 500GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM
    PSU: Corsair Powersupply 620W Black, ATX/EPS,120mm Fan, 8xSATA, SLI, WxHxL 150x86x150
    RAM: OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 4096MB KIT,w/two 2048MB PC6400 XTC, CL5-5-5-4
    Sound Card: Creative SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Fizman wrote: »
    Anyone?

250-350 mark. Not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

How much is this worth , I'am selling it to a mate and want an unbiased opinion .

Case : Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
    Power Supply : Corsair HX 750 Watt
    Cpu : AMD Phenom X4 955
    Mainboard : Sapphire Pure Crossfire X 790X
    Ram : 4 GB DDR 2
    Hard Drive : 320gb
    Graphics Card : HD 7850
    Sound Card : Creative Sound Blaster x-fi fatal1ty fps
    Wireless : Belkin Wireless Usb Adapter
    Standard Keyboard and Mouse
    19 inch AOC 1440 X 900 .
    Windows 7 Ultimate .

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Case: XCLIO Nighthawk Color
    PSU: 550W Cooler Master GX RS-550-ACAA-D3
    Cpu: Intel core i5 3450
    Mainboard: MSI Z77A-G41
    Ram: 2x4 1333mhz
    Hard Drive: Samsung 1TB 7200rpm and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
    Graphics Card: MSI HD 7850 Oc Edition
    Wireless: Dynamode (11n) 300mbps
    Optical Drive: Superwrite Master

And has anyone heard of windows ultimate N , i dont no what the N is about and would like to no. Thank

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

After a lawsuit from the EU, Microsoft was forced to sell versions of win7 (or any other OS) without IE, WMP, etc, since the EU accused them of monopolizing the program's respective markets by bundling those programs with win7 (or any other OS).

These win7 versions are missing IE , WMP etc. are dubbed the "N" versions and are not for sale in the U.S. (the apps missing in the N versions can be restored with an update available here )

There are special SKU(Special Kit Unit) version of Windows 7 that exist (Windows 7 N, Windows 7 K, Windows 7 KN, Windows 7 E)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm not playing many games at the moment and my gaming rig is very big so I'm thinking of getting rid of it, depending on how much I'd get for it, any ideas greatly appreciated.

Primary HDD 256GB SSD
    Other drives - 4 x 3TB drive and 1 x 1.5
    Video - Dual nVidia GTX680
    RAM - 12GB
    Processor - i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz
    Case - Alienware Area 51 Venting case.
    Primary Optical Drive - Blu Ray Read/DVD RW
    Other Opticals - Multi-Card Reader & DVD RW
    Keyboard & Mouse - Logitech G19 & G9

I've built a lot of this system myself by buying bits and pieces here and there, it really isn't used much, maybe gaming (CoD or BF3) once or twice a month, I was going to use it as a file server (hence the amount of storage) but it's way too noisey to leave turned on.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

After a lawsuit from the EU, Microsoft was forced to sell versions of win7 (or any other OS) without IE, WMP, etc, since the EU accused them of monopolizing the program's respective markets by bundling those programs with win7 (or any other OS).

These win7 versions are missing IE , WMP etc. are dubbed the "N" versions and are not for sale in the U.S. (the apps missing in the N versions can be restored with an update available here )

There are special SKU(Special Kit Unit) version of Windows 7 that exist (Windows 7 N, Windows 7 K, Windows 7 KN, Windows 7 E)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

How much is my mac worth. it also has 2 years of Apple care left. http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MC700LL-13-3-Inch-VERSION/dp/B002QQ8H8I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

AppleKidd wrote: »
    How much is my mac worth. it also has 2 years of Apple care left. http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MC700LL-13-3-Inch-VERSION/dp/B002QQ8H8I

It's hard enough to value Apple laptops, because there's always a price drop after each iteration, and more-so than other laptops, there's a heavy emphasis on aesthetics. If it's in good nick, clean and blemish-free, you can probably expect around the €650-750 mark, if you sell it right. You may get more if you get the right buyer, and if there's damage, especially visible, the value'll drop off fairly precipitously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

I'm thinking of selling my PC but unsure of price, spec as follows:

Acer Predator G5900
    Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
    Intel Core i5-650 Processor (4M Cache, 3.20 GHz)
    4GB DDR3
    Nvidia GeForce GT340
    500GB Hard Drive
    DVD Super Multi-Drive
    Multi-in-one card reader

24" LG Monitor + 6 months warranty left

Any ideas on price would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

• Advertisement

€300... 350 if you're lucky.

Advertisement