Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boy Racers hit a new low.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

In essence the boy racer is to the car scene what hooligans are to football.

Aside from the obvious problems, their lack of driving skill, total disreguard for the law, and complete lack of respect for other people, just to mention some. They get people who are genuinely interested in cars and motoring in general a bad name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_racer_%28sub-culture%29

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

why not just bring in a Car-ASBO? :D

all road users get a camera in the front and back of their car and get to vote on the other drivers they meet on the roads with a little buton on the steering wheel that takes a pic of their numberplate.

anyone who consistently causes offence to other road users will eventually get flagged and have their car taken off them, crushed and turned into ashtrays and baked bean tins. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ferris

I was sitting outside the Summit Inn in Howth on Friday night, havin a few scoops, and the goings on with young people (boy and girl racers mostly) in cars had to be seen to be believed. It was like wacky races with three squad cars moving cars on, searching cars etc. There were passengers drinking in cars too.

It was good to see them being hassled but it took up the resourses of 6 garda to do it. Its a massive cost in manpower. In saying that I was woken up last night by the sound of cars racing around the hill so tuesday nights are obviously less heavily policed.

oh and I like the idea of the CASBO

Why are these cars not being inspected for illegal mods like exhausts etc? at least it would be some positive action.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Phaetonman wrote: »
    I used to do this for a good few years when I lived back home. 4am at a crossroads and you just knock off the lights and hammer it through. If anything is coming you would see their lights a mile off.
    I'd assume poster refers to crossroads in the country and other cars but then there could be a bicycle, person or an animal on the road or coming in to the crossroads at the same time. Pretty crazy idea to even consider this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

vibe666 wrote: »
    why not just bring in a Car-ASBO? :D

I like the way your thinking.

However does anyone know how many ASBO's have been issued in this country, if any.

• Advertisement
Advertisement