Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boy Racers hit a new low.

Options
  • 29-05-2008 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Just a normal weekend in kerry for these tools.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

your pic is upside down

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

you mean you cant read upside down? well that sucks! :D

hint: save + rotate it in imageviewer

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

29052008194ie8.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Gards should drive up and down that road in a dumptruck fitted with a snow plough with their lights off. Thatd soon put an end to these tools.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

You see, they are turning off their lights so there is less of a pull on the alternator and in-turn more powah in the engine. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

Wont be long till some poor fcuker is injured
    and unfortunately its usally after something
    bad happens that anything is done about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

articleht5.jpg

I have also heard of a stunt nicknamed "jackass" where the boy racer type goes to overtake an unsuspecting motorist on a country road, then stays alongside the other car and doesnt actually pass, usually when the victim realises what's happening, they slam on the brakes, then boy racer muppet speeds off. I know of one fatal crash that was supposed to be linked to this behaviour.

Bebo sites glorify this muppetry, I think they need to monitor the sites content more carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Chicken chasing has been going on for years. It's hardly something "new" or a "new low".

Not that I'm condoning it obviously.

Like train drivers in Cork who seem to come up with ideas for going on strike, this is something that should be exterminated for good, and needs to be done fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

A few years ago there was an idiot doing doughnuts on the mallow killarney road he was holding up the traffic. While all this was happening a garda car was passing, the idiot ended up in court in front of judge Michael Patwell. I can't remember exactly what patwell said to him but I am sure he got time off the road. I have seen these idiots doing doughnuts and another idiot standing beside the moving car or in the circle of the moving car, if a tyre blew which could easily happen it could end in disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I think some young lads were killed a good few years ago on the N11 above arklow, there was a few stories going around that they were playing chicken. Whatever about them, I feel pity for the poeple in the car they hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

The Fast and the Furious !!!

This sort of behaviour is letal, and those involved should be put off the road for life.

Where is their sense of self preservation ?

You couldn't blame people in the communities that are being affected by this if they did take direct action against these clowns, afterall the guards will not do anything about it unless they witness it themselves, even if you report it and can provide car regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

i think we have all done some crazy stuff in cars in our youth i can still remember the feeling of total invincibility but this crap is off the scale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

This is a mixture of three things..... TFTF movies, women, insecurety.

since them movies everyone who owned a honda civic, toyota starlet, the usual ricer cars where driving home thinking " s*** i own a race cars.... a new 75 $ halfords back box and i can own any skyline "

also then theres the showing off to the women.... who just hate the rice'd up bangers .

then theres the isecure idiots who Need to show off there poor driving skills in the hope of praise.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Timmaay wrote: »
    I think some young lads were killed a good few years ago on the N11 above arklow, there was a few stories going around that they were playing chicken. Whatever about them, I feel pity for the poeple in the car they hit.

We had a fatal near home and this was the cause... they his a passing motorist in the dark... Luckily it was one of the yobs who RIP'd rather than the innocent passer-by

I heard the accident in Monaghan last year where the five blokes were killed was down to a game of chicken gone wrong, it was a stag nightout, the groom to be wasn't involved but I would say that wasn't the happiest of wedding's.

One of those guys was an organ donor and when they opened him up to see if there was any usable organs, they found not one single organ that hadn't been damaged in that accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

WHITE_P wrote: »
    I heard the accident in Monaghan last year where the five blokes were killed was down to a game of chicken gone wrong, it was a stag nightout, the groom to be wasn't involved but I would say that wasn't the happiest of wedding's.

One of those guys was an organ donor and when they opened him up to see if there was any usable organs, they found not one single organ that hadn't been damaged in that accident.

Yup, thats the truth.

It would also help if the media reported these incidents correctly, and not as tragedies.

No disrespect to families of those that died, but if the media accurately reported the incidents it would be better for all.

(I know that they can't speculate on the specifics, but can follow up on the story a week or two afterwards.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

heard about that , and a gang of lads who bought a old vw coupe for 50 euro , crashed and all died a while ago down the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Believe it or not, the shutting off the headlights at crossroads is supposed to be for safety's sake. The idea is that if your lights are off, you're more likely to be able to see if someone else is coming. I just slow the **** down myself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gavquinn

Max_Damage wrote: »
    You see, they are turning off their lights so there is less of a pull on the alternator and in-turn more powah in the engine. :pac:

:D this guy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Believe it or not, the shutting off the headlights at crossroads is supposed to be for safety's sake. The idea is that if your lights are off, you're more likely to be able to see if someone else is coming. I just slow the **** down myself.....
    Yes they used to do that up to twenty years ago. I remember an accident where there was two cars comming up to a crossroad both on different roads, they both turned off their headlights comming up to the cross. Both drivers saw no lights so they drove through the cross, the two cars collided one person was killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The Fast and the Furious !!!

American Graffiti.. showing my age here.

The problem with these people playing chicken is that its common for both drivers to pull over to the same side to avoid each other. We have all done it on a corridor or a bus street. Different consequence on the road.

One car pulls to the left, the other to (his) right and its a head on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

lightening wrote: »
    American Graffiti.. showing my age here.

The problem with these people playing chicken is that its common for both drivers to pull over to the same side to avoid each other. We have all done it on a corridor or a bus street. Different consequence on the road.

One car pulls to the left, the other to (his) right and its a head on.

..........and a huge loss to the human race???? if these scumbags have this little regard for their cars or other road users then personally I wouldnt shed too many tears if they took each other out instead of an innocent bystander

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

I used to do this for a good few years when I lived back home. 4am at a crossroads and you just knock off the lights and hammer it through. If anything is coming you would see their lights a mile off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Phaetonman wrote: »
    I used to do this for a good few years when I lived back home. 4am at a crossroads and you just knock off the lights and hammer it through. If anything is coming you would see their lights a mile off.

genius if the guy coming the other way did the same :D

4am at a crossroads and you just knock off the lights and hammer it through. If anything is coming you would see their lights a mile off.

I'm no angle when it comes to having done mad things in cars when I was young and foolish, but that sort of behaviour has to be some of the most stupid and dangerous I ever heard of.

I'm not calling you (Phaetonman) stupid, just that type of behaviour. Worthy of a Darwin award.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yup I got a lift from one of my brothers friends before in an integra type R and he drove the living sh1t out of the car on the way home. He would trun off the lights coming up to every bend he couldn't see around.

Needless to say I have never gotten into a car with him since.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'm sure Mr. Darwin will be along sometime soon with your award.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I hate boy racers. All they do is massively increase the risk of driving/being on the roads and even when they have accidents, they don't slow down. And as usual, it's usually the innocent party who ends up dead rather than the prick who was driving too fast.

Advertisement