Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nail polish

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

oh cool thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

HI all...

I got the shellac nails done at the weekend.
    Girl who done my nails said they will last for weeks. She said I could just re-paint the re-growth with a similar colour.
    I went for the dark brown colour, as some of my nails were too short for the french manicure.
    Any suggestions where I could get the same or v. similar colour???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Links234 wrote: »
    anyone have any experience with matte nail polish?

what's a good brand that's not too expensive?
    if you've tried this type, does it feel different to regular nail polish?

I've used OPI matts before. I quite like them, but you'll find they dry to a soft sheen rather than true matt. Looks nice though especially the matt Nail Envy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 yummers

barry m is great. it lasts for days.

The rimmel matte in great as well just make sure you paint your nails perfect because it shows up everything.

I also really like rimmel pro cause of the brush its so easy to use.

Inglot also have a great selection and have mattes as well. I only have 1 but found it wasnt great.

I love nails inc in picadilly circus my fav colour ever. just love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 angusdeaton

Barry M is probably the best for staying put on my nails, Estee Lauder coming a close second. I bought an Illamasqua nail varnish about two weeks ago, goes on well, love the colour (Rampage) but chips too easily. Such a shame...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I find Barry M rubbish!

It takes ages to dry and it's really gloopy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 yummers

phasers wrote: »
    I find Barry M rubbish!

It takes ages to dry and it's really gloopy.

I found that as well at the start just apply a thin coat thats the secret :D

On another note does anyone know how to stop them little bubbles you get sometimes when you paint your nails so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

yummers wrote: »
    I found that as well at the start just apply a thin coat thats the secret :D

On another note does anyone know how to stop them little bubbles you get sometimes when you paint your nails so annoying

The bubbles come when you either put too thick a coat on, or you haven't left enough time to dry between coats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

yummers wrote: »

I also really like rimmel pro cause of the brush its so easy to use.

Yeah, I wish all nail varnishes had this brush. It's the best. I can paint my nails in a few seconds with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I got pennys glow baby glow polish in "coral blimey" today and I can't wait to paint it on! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Right now I am wearing Pugged-in Plum by OPI :D I love it. Some other ones I love by OPI are:
    Cha-Ching Cherry
    Purple With a Purpose
    Russian Navy
    Shrek Who the Shrek are you
    Bastille my Heart

Chinaglaze is another incredible brand that I am in LOVE with. If you like mad colours they do really bright ones.. Sour Apple, Flying Dragon and Pool Party are a few faves.

Other brands that I have purchased and loved are:

Urban Decay
    Essie
    GOSH
    MAC
    Eyeko

I'm a nail varnish addict :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Russian Navy is favorite color from OPI! another one I like a lot, is "Jade Is New Black" - it's that irish emerald green, gorgeous. I love OPI polishes because they easy to apply, color range is fab and their brush is wide and thick! I can't comment how long it lasts because my nails are under thin coat of gel all the time and this way nail varnishes last for weeks and weeks.

I've ever purchased one bottle of Barry M polish and said to myself never again, it is that bad!

kildareash: I'm sure you can paint them in any darker color, it doesn't have to be brown!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mooo

Rimmel rimmel rimmel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

I find Rimmel Chips even with top coat after 24 hours. Its ok if your going out for a night though and they have great range of colours. Barry M lasts ages if you use top coat. Same with Mac.. colours are really Glossy !!!

Advertisement