Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help to sort out my vegetarian diet

Options
  • 06-06-2014 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Need some help. I'm a lifetime vegetarian (have tried to eat fish to no avail). My diet is very carb/fat heavy. I'm struggling to get enough protein into my diet. I'm fairly active and lift weights. Any advice really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Need some help. I'm a lifetime vegetarian (have tried to eat fish to no avail). My diet is very carb/fat heavy. I'm struggling to get enough protein into my diet. I'm fairly active and lift weights. Any advice really appreciated.

Post up your diet.

Have you tried to change anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Whey protein.

Cottage cheese.

Greek yogurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tamedartist

Thanks for the reply. An example of my diet would be
    Breakfast
    Raw fusion vegan protein shake made with super greens and water
    Yakult probiotic drink
    Handful of almonds
    Herbal tea

Lunch
    1/4 cup quinoa
    1egg
    2egg whites
    1/4 cup peas

Dinner
    Sweet potato
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Homemade spicy tomato sauce

Snacks
    Mixed nuts
    Herbal tea
    Coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tamedartist

Dairy doesn't really agree with me which makes it more difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Try adding a few eggs to breakfast - at least 3. It looks like you are really not eating enough at any meal. A big omelette packed with veggies, a bit of brown toast if you want it.

At lunch instead of eggs, peas and quinoa what about a big salad full of raw veggies, greens, seeds, pulses (like chickpeas) and a home-made dressing? You can stir through your quinoa, too.

At dinner, eat your veggies and sweet potato and either add fake meat (quorn etc.) or pulses - lentils, kidney beans etc.

You can make pulses more interesting by making patties, 'meatballs' and dips by using lots of spices and a food processor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I'm a vegetarian and and eat a decent amount of protein.
    I log everything I eat with MyFitnessPal.

Send me a PM and you can add me as a friend and have a nose through my diary if you like.

Advertisement