Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diet for my skin

• 19-05-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good diet to help improve my skin. I have acne prone skin which has gone quite dry in the last few years. I don't have a great diet, I eat a lot of dairy and don't really drink water which I know I should. I know eating more veg and some fruit would help but I struggle to think of any nice dinners with plenty of veg in it that would be easy to prepare. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

You already know the answers.

More water fruit and veg and less crap.

Also, try green tea, I've heard rave reviews about skin improvements after it

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rachblue

Actually had a cup of green tea a while ago! I know, I just find it hard to come up with dinner ideas that's mostly veg that wont leave me starving!! I don't really like green tea but sometimes I stick some honey in it to mask the taste! Not sure that's healthy but I suppose honey isn't too bad. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

If you think all the dairy is having an effect, you could try ditching it for a few weeks. I gave up dairy a few years ago and my skin improved a lot. This won't work for everyone though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Get lemon green tea.

Tastes way better.

Stir frys are an easy way to get veg dinners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Definitely cut out or even cut back on the dairy.

I started eating Greek (style) Yogurt, the Liberte one from Dunnes, around Christmas time and was having it every second day and by April I had developed mild like acne on one sight of my face. I would have stopped eating it sooner only I didn't realise at the time that it was all the dairy causing it!

Within a week of not eating any dairy my skin had almost fully cleared up and it's back to normal now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

Hi OP,

I don't have acne as such but I wanted to improve my skin overall. I had read that drinking apple cider vinegar help improve the skin (a table spoon or two mixed in a glass of water). I cannot find the exact page i had read, but there are quite a few videos on youtube stating the benefits of ACV. Also drink with a straw as the ACV being acidic can erode the enamel on your teeth. btw dont get any apple cider vinegar get an organic one 'with the mother'. i got the braggs one online from evergreen. Now i have not used it very consistently and i've read you need to use it for around two weeks or so to see the benefits.

Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fat to ripped

Salmon/omega rich fish is a good bet, apparently.

Advertisement