Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night meal/snack (no meat/diary)

Options
  • 12-06-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone could recommend something to eat late at night. I work shift and don't get home until 11:45pm most nights at which point I am starving. I will generally just eat some rubbish, packet of snacks, koka noodles, biscuits and maybe a small pie or so. I am usually in bed by 12:45am. Generally I try stay away meat/diary foods and eat right most of the day but I don't want to eat too much or too heavy as I do be heading to bed after. I would prefer to eat something that feels filling and healthy.

Generally rest of my diet is like so
    morning - muesli (with water) , fruit
    Lunch - sandwich (bread, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and wholegrain mustard) + fruit
    Dinner - potatoes and veg + fruit

I don't snack on anything between meals except maybe berries and grapes, here and there.

Just want to cut out the rubbish at night if I can with something healthy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

If you're in bed an hour later do you really need to eat then? I'm sure a banana or something small would satisfy you enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Have way more protein and fat in your diet and you might not be so starved at night.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Overall your diet is very low in protein. Id be trying to eat more protein than you do regardless of the night snack.

I don't know if this sounds palatable for a night time snack, but a three bean salad, veg pieces with hummous, quiche or fritatta, savoury cous cous, or a chunky minestrone soup are all things that can be prepped and ready to eat when you get home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If I'm tired and lazy I'd boil some eggs and have those

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

More protein and fat and maybe look at the times you eat if there's a long stretch between your last meal and going to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fat to ripped

Cottage cheese

Advertisement