Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann revamp

Options
  • 22-09-2006 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Thomann have finally updated their site. Quite handy features, including a user database, you can go in and search through all your orders and such. Anyone know if they've brought their credit card validation system screaming out of the stone age?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

That's nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I still hate their faces off.

Also, free shipping on orders over €200!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Hmmmmm. That might explain a lot. I placed an order this day last week and got no emails from them or text messages, when I phoned them they said it had been sent to the UK by mistake. They will "get back to me". Still managed to charge my credit card though.

PS I decided to stop kidding myself and ordered an Epiphone Valve Junior. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

PS I decided to stop kidding myself and ordered an Epiphone Valve Junior. :cool:

Good man. We'll need a thorough review ;)

• Advertisement

How about this: "Do you want to earn cash with your own Website? Become a Thomann affiliate and introduce us to your visitors" ?

I want that Warp pedal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

its certainly easier to browse around and see all the stuff you didnt know you wanted until now.

d'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

seriously though, arranging all the guitars based on body types al la musicstore is utter b*llox. I don't want to sound too ignorant but I certainly don't buy a guitar SOLELY based on appearance. Shall I get my coat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Did anyone else get free money from them?

• Advertisement

Yup

Giblet wrote:
    Did anyone else get free money from them?
    Nope. Tell me more please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

They're giving out vouchers. I got an email from them with my login details and a €10 voucher. Sweet. Gonna get me a big muff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

€10 voucher woo! It's got 'pedal for my keyboard' written all over it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Yeah €10 voucher. :) Wonder is the voucher number tied to your account or can somebody else use it if you gave it to them?

New classified ads section too, that could be interesting. Who wants to get the first ever ad in? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

feylya wrote:
    I want that Warp pedal!

Nice spot, I looked it up after I read your post and I had to buy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

yeah i got the email with the voucher also... haven't thoroughly checked the site, but it's about time something was done!!!

the search function seems to be a lot better, plus they have a guitar ''spare parts'' section too... nice.

No voucher. :confused: They hate me, obviously.:eek: :(

Just buying my big muff now. Looked up the Warp pedal and it seems really good. For €25 I cant resist :D €100 for two pedals :D:D:D

Edit: New credit card system is much better. Simple to use and all done through the site. No more emailing ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

hmm interesting it almost makes me not hate them anymore.....almost.

Hmmm, warp pedal + 10 euro voucher = tempting, someone please tell me about this warp pedal...? I'm too lazy to check

Seems to be a good metal pedal

Reviews here: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Hughes+%26+Kettner/Warp+Factor/10/1

Heard great things about H&K amps so I reckon the pedal might be worth checking out

Just got my big muff and warp factor. First impressions.... both absolutely fantastic pedals. The muff is a bit of legendary pedal anyway so wont say much about that (nails Hendrix and Floyd). The warp factor I havent had much time to play with but so far it seems really good. Very heavy sounding pedal. Can see myself using this pedal a lot. Well worth it for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Hmm, they must be on clearance, they used to retail in the $100 ballpark.

They do it with a UK power supply - that's pretty cool. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

25 squids, eh? I'm currently in the market for a decent distortion for the times when I don't have my amp. Might have to check that out. They're robust enough, yeah?

Can't go wrong for 25 sneacht. Just got meself a Line6 UX2 and 10 Jazz III XL's for €205 :D

Yeah its a sturdy little pedal. I had a Boss Mt2 and I find the warp factor a far superior pedal for metal. Still retails for about £60/$80 on most sites

http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=prod&id=42

Switches:
    "Gain: Controls input sensitivity and determines the degree or amount of distortion"

"Warp: Shapes midrange frequencies. Set to the far left position, it boosts low mids from 250hz to high mids at 1kHz. Set to far right, it cuts mids at 500hz with a slight presence boost at 3kHz"

"Level: Controls output level without influencing tone."

"SUB: Boosts the low end at 90hz. This is the resonance frequency of a truly evil-sounding 4x12" cab. Step on this when you want to put the pedal to the metal... Not suitable for all combos and speakers!"

Hmm, brand new website, same old Thomann. Ordered a UX-2 and some picks on Thursday, order still hasn't been processed...

• Advertisement

I still haven't got my stuff either. Nor have they replied to ANY of my emails. They have been OK on the phone I have to admit but no actual results.

I doubt if I'll ever be ordering from them again.

Advertisement