Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2014: Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

astrofluff wrote: »
    I don't think Lotterer will get inside the 107% rule
    With Hamilton on 2:07, the 107% mark is just under 9 seconds slower than that, and Lotterer is over 14 seconds slower. He is going back out in Q1, right?

edit: yes, but he's still too slow.
    edit edit: 6.5s off Hamilton = he's on the grid.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    With Hamilton on 2:07, the 107% mark is just under 9 seconds slower than that, and Lotterer is over 14 seconds slower. He is going back out in Q1, right?

edit edit: 6.5s off Hamilton = he's in to Q2.

He's into the race you mean. :P

Bianchi classy as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Lotterer was nearly a second quicker than Ericsson...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

He's into the race you mean. :P
    I spotted that mistake & fixed it within 30 seconds ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

bnt wrote: »

edit edit: 6.5s off Hamilton = he's on the grid.

that would have been very embarrassing for Caterham if he didn't make the grid! So he's got [some] speed in a dog of a car.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Coulthard on Grosjean "he sounded like he was having a conversation from the toilet". Missed these one liners over the break

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

astrofluff wrote: »
    that would have been very embarrassing for Caterham if he didn't make the grid! So he's got [some] speed in a dog of a car.

Speed from previous sessions would have been sufficient to allowhis to start - as it was he was faster again !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Great lap by ROS there, he's really owning qualifying this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hopefully now with the two mercs poised on the front row, we'll finally see a battle between them.

• Advertisement

GP2 race Red-flagged - really bad wet conditions. Re-start due at 3.10pmBST

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Pretty exciting there at the end. Looks like Hamilton fluffed it again. Surprised Bottas wasn't closer to the Mercs.

Which side of the grid is P1? 1st corner could be messy if its wet tomorrow.:D

Pole is on the right hand side for the right hand turn.

Pretty exciting there at the end. Looks like Hamilton fluffed it again.

Yeah he fluffed the first lap & the last lap of Q3. He claimed the car was pulling to one side, I'd believe him too because if he messes up he's usually the first to lay the blame on himself. Hopefully it sets us up for a decent showdown tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Wouldn't be surprised to see the two boys collide tomorrow. Sh1t is getting real now, finishing line is in sight and with Rosberg leading the championship he can afford to be more aggressive against a naturally aggressive racer like Hamilton

christy c wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to see the two boys collide tomorrow. Sh1t is getting real now, finishing line is in sight and with Rosberg leading the championship he can afford to be more aggressive against a naturally aggressive racer like Hamilton

I had the same thought. Both of them want it badly, I can definitely see a collision at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,669 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

@RebelKid

Most Belgian Grand Prix wins (driver):
    6 - Michael Schumacher; 5 - Ayrton Senna; 4 - Jim Clark, Kimi Raikkonen; 3 - Juan Manuel Fangio, Damon Hill; 2 - Alberto Ascari, Emerson Fittipaldi, Niki Lauda, Alain Prost, Sebastian Vettel; 1 - Nino Farina, Peter Collins, Tony Brooks, Jack Brabham, Phil Hill, John Surtees, Dan Gurney, Bruce McLaren, Pedro Rodriguez, Jackie Stewart, Gunnar Nilsson, Mario Andretti, Jody Scheckter, Didier Pironi, Carlos Reutemann, John Watson, Michele Alboreto, Nigel Mansell, David Coulthard, Mika Hakkinen, Felipe Massa, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button

Kimi actually has 4 wins there you have 3 down for that. His current team mate Alonso still has no wins there. I wonder which of them will do the best for Ferrari this weekend. I think it might be Alonso. There front and rear wings are quite different.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Hamilton saying that starting second is an opportunity, and it probably is. First corner will be interesting but the real action should come at the top of the hill on lap 1. If Hamilton gets even half a chance he'll be through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Lotterer was a full second quicker than Ericsson as well.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Lotterer was a full second quicker than Ericsson as well.

Doesn't bode well for Ericsson's career...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,060 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Most awkward of grid walks for DC and his partner

Spits of rain ATM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

The first time I've had a chance to sit down and watch a GP in months and I've no signal for BBC :(

switch to the SD channel, I think BBC One HD recently changed frequencies if you're using a FTA box.

Wonder how reliable the cars will be here

Alonso having problems?

Will get penalty I guess for engineers being on grid

Goddamn it Vettel!

Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Puncture for Hamilton. I can see Rosberg getting a penalty.

Advertisement