Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local bargains and various deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Anyone see any good booze bargains in SPAR?

I'm not in the city right now, but the only place close to me happens to be a Eurospar.

Have to stock up for a little "soirée" tomorrow evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,674 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I haven't tried it myself, but have heard that An Pucan in Forster St are now doing E10 for main course + a pint in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Anyone see any good booze bargains in SPAR?

I'm not in the city right now, but the only place close to me happens to be a Eurospar.

Have to stock up for a little "soirée" tomorrow evening :D
    I went into Eurospar yesterday and they'd drastically dropped the price of drink. The foreign stuff like Lech was down a euro to €1.89 and a bottle of whiskey that cost €21 euro during the Christmas was down to €16. Needless to say the new years resolutions went out the window and I was legless last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I bought 3 [edit: 500ml] cans a couple of hours ago at SuperValu in Ballybane, they scanned at 1.30 each. They used to be 1.85 I think. Could be a bargain here for someone to get a trolleyful. I don't know if it applies to other SV shops or if it's a special offer or a mistake. I didn't complain tho' :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Terryland Fruit&Veg have 6 eggs for 29c this week along with some other offers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

snubbleste wrote: »
    Terryland Fruit&Veg have 6 eggs for 29c this week along with some other offers

Eggtraordinary !

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

alibabba wrote: »
    Eggtraordinary !

You made my eyes bleed

Food4Thought sandwiches on Middle Street have a 25% off everything coupon on page 33 of today's Advertiser

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

50% off secondhand books and between 10% and 30%off new books in Charlie Byrnes this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

Best local bargarins> Don't forget the Galway Ireland Freecycle Yahoo! Group where you can ask for needed items and give away things you don't need to others. The Freecycles in the States are huge; when in San Francisco, I picked up a Palm Zire 71 PDA free from a generous soul after I dropped mine and broke it.

You'll need a Yahoo! account, but it is well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

GearMaven wrote: »
    Best local bargarins> Don't forget the Galway Ireland Freecycle Yahoo! Group where you can ask for needed items and give away things you don't need to others. The Freecycles in the States are huge; when in San Francisco, I picked up a Palm Zire 71 PDA free from a generous soul after I dropped mine and broke it.

My wife tried that, ended up unsubscribing as it was 95% people looking for stuff rather than stuff being offered. Also she had to go through some mad amount of approvals to even join.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

GearMaven wrote: »

Very few things in life are worth getting a yahoo account :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Spudhouse across from the college are doing a good deal for students. 9€ for a starter main course and drink. Got it today. Food was lovely, would def reccomend to other students.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jackiexx

2 small easter eggs for €2.50 at tescos:cool:

jackiexx wrote: »
    2 small easter eggs for €2.50 at tescos:cool:

And 3 medium sized ones for a fiver!
    It no longer makes economic sense to maintain a healthy weight. :)

Anyone see Milk being sold at less than €1.49 for 2l?
    In dublin and cork, people can buy milk in some small shops at 99c for 2l but have yet to see it here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

fruit and veg in doughishga i think are 1.19 for 2litre

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭thesandeman

In dublin and cork, people can buy milk in some small shops at 99c for 2l but have yet to see it here.

Only found it last week. Not a place you would think of: The newish ethnic supermarket in the WestSide. Think its called European Foodstore or something. 1.29 for 2l.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Super Valu Milk 2L is 1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

2L milk at 99cent in SuperValu in Ballybane yesterday, not their own brand which is still 1.49. Special offer, so it may not around for long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

The Galway arts festival have distributed a "Stay and Play Voucher Booklet" which is basically a book of coupons for restaurants in town. I picked a booklet up in the tourist office and I used one of the coupons at lunch yesterday.

So by using a buy one get one free on any pasta or pizza coupon in Trattoria on quay street, me and my friend got two very yummy main courses for 7.95.

Great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

Easons have a special offer at the moment - 4 GB USB stick for €9.99, they are beside the tills upstairs.

forumfiend wrote: »
    Easons have a special offer at the moment - 4 GB USB stick for €9.99, they are beside the tills upstairs.

Cheaper in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

alibabba wrote: »
    Cheaper in Tesco

:o

Tried both those places for milk but they either stopped stocking it or have upped their prices.

www.mizzoni.ie pizza takeaway have opened in Ballybane and accept competitor coupons.

www.mizzoni.ie pizza takeaway have opened in Ballybane and accept competitor coupons.

Do you mean the accept tokens for Dominos etc ?

Because if they do then that's a genius idea. They get extra custom and someone else pays for printing coupons!

Lidl are celebrating
    Thu 22nd Spend over €50 in the store and get a chance to spin a wheel for silly prizes and maybe a shopping voucher.
    Fri 23rd Spend over €10 and get a free doughnut
    Sat 24th Kids - bouncy castle, treasure hunt, face painting, clown
    Sun 25th Spend over €10 and get a free hotdog

There is free tea, coffee, cakes each day. Fruit and Veg are half-price each day as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

There is free tea, coffee, cakes each day. Fruit and Veg are half-price each day as well
    Brilliant.

Galway Race Week at McSWIGGANS

Everyone's a winner

on Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th July

with our amazing price offer!

Gin or Vodka €2

Longneck Bottle €3

All Pints €3

Vodka Tonic €3

Captain Morgans €3

Terms and conditions:
    Offer is valid on the 26th and the 27th of July 2010.

Looks spammy alright but I have nothing to do with the place other than I have the odd scoop there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with Bargains so it doesn't look so spammy.

Advertisement