Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Love the name Shay shortstuff. Have a freind with that name. Think its a name that grows with you, if you know what I mean.

Hope you get out soon emer-b. Nothing like your own bed. God that's gas about Limerick, when I had the boys in Galway it was a very quiet time so staff had loads of time.

Hope you're having a better day today Kaylami and Evie had settled back down after yest. Of course you're going to worry that's only human but try focus on the fact that most of Evie's issues are very treatable. Hope the growth on her ribs is nothing serious & you get word back soon. You're doing amazing though. All this on top of new mammy crazy hormones, a toddler and a first time school goer, I take my hat off to you.It's great you have this little group to have a rant & a moan. Better getting those feelings out.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Thanks ladies. Been tough Evie woke for a feed last night and I just sat and cried. Feeling really down and upset. But I know it won't last forever! The girls from work are coming to visit me this evening which is nice. I want to have a adult conversation that isn't about nappy changes or sore nipples!

The bf is getting easier 4weeks today!

Emerb it's tough but stick at it if you can and just find what works for you. Evie likes different positions for left and right boob she's very funny like that.

It's all worth it when she's sitting here just staring at me looking very cute altogether!

Big hugs to you Kaylami. The tiredness will break you everytime. I know you have to bf but once Evie is finished feeding could you not hand her over to your oh to wind, change & settle during the night? I know you'd still have to get up but might help you get a little more sleep.

Sure it will be great to see people from the outside world. Hope they bring you some yummy treats x x

Cian is a devil to get up wind. He roared last night from 9 till his feed at 10.30 with a pain. Didn't get him settled again till after 12 (2am feed wasn't long coming). Our poor dog gets very distressed when they get really upset. To be honest he doesn't seem to like them up to now & was seriously off with me for the first week when I came home. Anyway we never let him upstairs but he snuck up last night during Cian's melt down. Hubby was feeding Adam. I was on the bed with Cian. In he comes & sits there with his head on the bed beside me. When Adam went back into his basket he has a little look in and then lies down beside the basket. Think he's finally accepting that they are here to stay so he might aswell love them!! Will have to watch him when the boys are older I think there might be a few sneaks into the beds with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Glad your heading home Emer! Hoping to get home tomorrow as well! Mullingar is really busy at the moment as well, had to ask 3times for someone to give Shay Expressed breast milk for me and it was only when I said I already asked 3times that it was done! Milk came in today & he wasn't interested in feeding at 1pm, figures boobs were too hard for him, expresses & fed him after & worked a treat! Opposite problem tonight, he can't get enough;)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Kaylami I just want to say I am wishing you and your little girl all the luck in the world. You are already a great Mam.

• Advertisement

Thank you all.

Glad your getting home emerb! There really is nothing like your own bed. Even though you only get a tiny little sliver while your daughter takes up most of king size bed. She wiggles over to get fed.

Llambert I'm glad the boys are settling a little bit for you. That's funny about the dog. Ours won't come near me still. Maybe it just doesn't like me?!?

Shortstuff glad the feeding is going well. Are you hand expressing or pumping?
    Evie won't latch if boobs are full and hard so I've to express beforehand then she latches no problem and it hurts me less too.

Just did a bit of hand-expressing, got 4ml over 15mins so a nice little top up... nurse reckons Shays a real breast baby as didn't enjoy being syringe fed at all! He's lost 5% so great for a breast fed baby! Can't wait to get home now:) Breast feeding consultant checked latch today and he hasn't been on properly, despite every other nurse saying he was grand! At least I hope I can replicate the technique:)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Baby Noah born yesterday at 7.53pm. 11lbs 12.4 oz
    Tough going. A lot of docs around cord was tight around neck.
    Tired and emotional but all good

Congrats staticdoor! My god he was some weight! Love the name.

Hope mammy and baby are doing well x

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

aw congrats static well done! That sounds quite traumatic, delighted it's over and Noah is here safe. What a weight!!! Lovely name. Hope you are recovering well x

Kaylami hope you are doing a bit better after the day you had, I would be so upset too. I take my hat off to all you mammies...I really am in awe and think you are all doing fab throughout whatever challenges you're facing. Looking forward to joining you but looks like I am no longer going to be having an August baby unless something happens in the next 24 hours. Induction scheduled for wednesday!

llambert poor oul doggy getting his nose out of joint lol, he does sound like he's moving into the acceptance phase though!

Lucuma am I right in thinking you are due today? Hope things are moving more for you than for me! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Congrats staticdoor, that sounds like a traumatic entrance for you and your baby, hope all is well now. Fill us in when you get the chance, and welcome to the other side!!! Life with baba starts now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Congrats staticdoor! Are you serious about baby being 11 lbs 12oz ??!?? I thought that must be a misprint!!
    Yep Cameoette today is due day! Funny to think of when I first sat in the GP office and she told me my due date it seemed so far off and no guarantees of course that I'd reach it either and here I am, delighted :-) Think this baby is ready to come out now....it's defo big enuf anyway!! . All my natural labour notions are going out the window & I'm thinking of just going for the scheduled induction, towards the end of this week...

Welcome baby Noah x x Fair play to you static, all I can say is wow. Did you have any indication Noah was going to be so big. He could nearly walk out of the labour ward!! Hope you're doing ok??

How many more mammies in waiting do we have?? Most check back on the roll call :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Lucuma wrote: »
    Congrats staticdoor! Are you serious about baby being 11 lbs 12oz ??!?? I thought that must be a misprint!!
    Yep Cameoette today is due day! Funny to think of when I first sat in the GP office and she told me my due date it seemed so far off and no guarantees of course that I'd reach it either and here I am, delighted :-) Think this baby is ready to come out now....it's defo big enuf anyway!! . All my natural labour notions are going out the window & I'm thinking of just going for the scheduled induction, towards the end of this week...

Yep, I feel the same :) I remember being in the GPs just after Xmas in total shock and delight, and it's lovely to finally be at this stage!

My natural labour hopes are slipping away too but it's ok. After the Dr examined me in hospital the other day and I got the 2nd sweep she said she really couldn't understand why I wasn't in labour yet given I'm 2-3cm dilated and cervix is ready to go since nearly 2 weeks now! I will go for the induction too as I will be ten days over then and because everything is ready to go the doc said it should hopefully go pretty smoothly, so fingers crossed. So no staying with the domino scheme or using the pool as I'd hoped, but by Thurs I will have my little girl in my arms!

Sure you never know, either of us may go before our inductions?!

Fingers & toes crossed you girls go yourselves, sounds like your nearly there anyways:)

Wow staticdoor congrats that is some size of a baby! Did you have any indication that he'd be big? Lovely name:)

First night home last night, think it took Shay awhile to get used to the temp change from the hospital, god it was hot, no wonder it was hard to wake him for feeds! House is at the recommended temp anyway but even I'm finding it cool after being in 5nights! He's much more alert for feeding which is great. Have to go back in today to get heel prick test done.

Will try update the roll call once he's off the boob, multi tasking already:)

Arrivals
    Trilogy Holles Street Born July 30th Girl
    llambert Due Aug 10th Galway -Twin Baby Boys Born July 31st Adam 5lb 8 & Cian 5lb 7
    Kaylami Due Aug 8th Drogheda -Baby Girl Born Aug 1st Evie 8lb 13oz
    fiona-f Aug 10th Rotunda -Baby Boy Born Aug 15th 7lb 10oz
    Morebabies Due Aug 13th-20th Castlebar -Baby Boy Born Aug 19th 8lb 6oz
    Dermighty Due Aug 13th Cork -Baby Girl
    Born Aug 22nd 8 lb 2oz
    Tishandy Due Aug 26th Limerick -Baby Girl Born Aug 26th 9.26am Bronagh Fennell 6 lbs 9 oz . c section
    Shortstuff! Due Aug 15th Mullingar -Baby Boy Born Aug 26th 7.01pm Shay 8 lbs 1oz . c section
    emer_b Due Aug 22nd Limerick -Baby Girl Born Aug 28th 10.16pm
    staticdoor71 Due Aug 17th Castlebar -Baby Boy Born Aug 29th 7.53pm Noah 11lbs 12.4 oz

Ladies in waiting
    Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

Hoping the above is accurate let me know & I'll update any errors! Hope Ladypip just hasn't had time to update us...

Cameoette wrote: »
    My natural labour hopes are slipping away too but it's ok. After the Dr examined me in hospital the other day and I got the 2nd sweep she said she really couldn't understand why I wasn't in labour yet given I'm 2-3cm dilated and cervix is ready to go since nearly 2 weeks now! I will go for the induction too as I will be ten days over then and because everything is ready to go the doc said it should hopefully go pretty smoothly, so fingers crossed. So no staying with the domino scheme or using the pool as I'd hoped, but by Thurs I will have my little girl in my arms!

Sure you never know, either of us may go before our inductions?!

I was told last week at my wk40 check-up that I was looking good on the cervix front as well, and baby's head well down. Am going to ring my cons tomorrow and see whether coming in on Thurs to be induced could be poss. I'll be 40+5 on Thurs. Baby is already a big buster so it doesn't need another week to cook and twould be sooo much easier for my hubby to be able to book his flight for that day & I'll know exactly how many days I'll have him around for after bubs is born...rather than leaving it all to chance. I know by voluntarily being induced earlier than I have to be I'm increasing my chances of interventions & worst case scenario a section but shur I could wait 10 days and still have to be induced anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Well ladies.. We are home since about 4. Noah fast asleep. Had 2 feeds since we got home. Feeding well. A full hospital cow and gate ready made hospital bottle each feed. Between 3 to 3.5 hrs between every feed.

I'm afraid there was no error on the weight. .. All 11lbs 12.4oz of him!!

Daughter very wary which kinda upset me. But by her bed time she rubbed his hand and said see you in the morning. But she was delighted with the toy he bought her :)

So labour..

In at 6am fri as planned. Traced for 25 mins. All grand. Brought for gel.

Got the gel at 7.15 am. Cervix was stretchable to 3cm. But womb tilted back or something?

Anywho. Had to lie on trace for an hour. Then was told I'd be checked at 12 and another gel.

However. **** kicked off and my waters ended up being broken at 11 am instead as pains were coming. That was most unpleasant. Much more painful than last ARM

Anywho ooooooooooòoo was bouncing on ball till about half 1. Pains quite intense. Decided I defo wanted epi. Bare in mind NO ONE had any NOTION what size he was. Was moved to nicer delivery room. Kept bouncing on ball. Epi was ordered. Internal given. Was 4 cm. Epi arrived. Queue HEAVEN. ...
    Was told I'd be checked at 6pm..and was hoped I'd be at about 8cm by then
    At 6.15 pm I was ten cm. But she wanted to hang for an hour to let the head come down as I wasn't feeling the contractions.
    Job done started pushing about 7.20. Cord was tight around his neck. Frickin head huge. They anticipated shoulder dys after a little while so I was nearly upside down on bed on back two midwives tryin to drag the poor pooch out. Anyway. Once head was out a tiny push and the rest of him came out.
    He was rushed to resuss. About 400 docs (4 actually)
    Queue me roaring cuz he wasn't. ..blah blah.. In the end he was grand. Placenta out no hemorage.
    Then they told me his weight
    I nearly died
    Every nurse midwife consultant on duty in to see him. Biggest baby so far this yr.

No stitches (sorry)
    Alot of back pain. Vaginal graze. That's about it. That's enough says I.
    so that's that. I'm lying on couch now feet up drinking tea watchin Fridays corrie.
    I'm exhausted. But so happy it's over and everyone's alive and well.
    Sorry post so long but meh! ! :-)

Well done static you did so well! Glad he's settling in for you so nice to be at home.

Thanks static. I love reading the birth stories, they are really helpful for preparing for what's ahead. Sorry to hear he had the cord wrapped around his neck
    that must have been quite stressful. A collaegue of mine told me both his boys were born that way and like that, have to be resuscitated/checked immediately after birth, not nice.
    Well done on producing the biggest baby in the hospital all year!! You were obviously made for this baby-making business! ! :-)

• Advertisement

Well how are all the August babies getting on and all the mammies in waiting??

Today I'm starting to feel human again.

Hi ladies hope your all settling in with your newborns it's been quiet on here.

Well the results came back from Evies x rays and it's not problem with her ribs so that's great and we got our appointment for temple street for the end of October.

Think she's hit a growth spurt she been feeding constantly since Thursday I'm exhausted and my poor boobs are in bits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Kaylami that's great news about Evie's X-ray. Must be a relief.
    Static, loved reading your labour story. I could talk about my labour all day but who would want to listen! That's what this thread is great for. I know it sounds really corny but I was on such a high after it, kept reliving it in my head. Even took a sneaky pic of my hospital notes so I could read them at home. Was just expecting really slow progress, epidural and episiotomy like my first time. Ended up with none of these and was so delighted!!
    Feeding was quite sore over the wknd and baby was gulping a lot so saw a lactation consultant on Monday and have an appointment to get tongue tie snipped next Monday. Not a bad case but good to get it sorted early and prevent problems down the road.
    I'm completely besotted with my little lady, can't stop staring at her!

Great news Kaylami must be a relief. At least the appointment isn't too far away.

Emer-b great that you had such a positive experience. At times I do feel a little cheated that I didn't get to experience labour and given our fertility circumstances probably never will. Though delighted to say I'm feeling physically alot stronger this wk and started doing longer walks.

Think these 2 are having several growth spurts. They've put on 3lb each since they were born so nurse is very impressed with them. Thought at this stage she'd be finished calling to them but coming again next week. I don't mind, she's really lovely. Realistic too none of this bs from her which is great.

I know what you mean emerb this birth was so much better than my labour with no 1. I'd do it again in a heartbeat and being able to walk around the next day was amazing! Glad your gettin the tongue tie sorted.

That's fantastic llambert that's amazing weight gain for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

September already! Hard to believe this is our third week with junior. Feeling a bit daunted by the 3 week growth spurt and cluster feeding that I keep seeing mentioned in all the books.

It's lovely to read how everyone is getting along. Like emerb, I find I could talk about the birth endlessly, it is one of the biggest things I've ever done, but sure no-one wants to listen really!

K, delighted you got some reassuring news on Evie. Lambert, well done on the 3 pounds, that seems remarkable in such a short time. Congratulations to any of the new babies I've missed, and hurry up to the few remaining late ones!

Fiona - I found the when the cluster feeds come the easiest thing to do is just focus on the baby nothing else the housework was neglected completely if your oh is around to help get him to do that and cooking

Llambert just wanted to say that I don't know how you do it with twins, they sound like they are really thriving! I'm wrecked with only one!! Don't know how I'll cope next week when my partner goes back to work... Taking 40mins to breastfeed so getting 2hrs between changes/feed/winding. Shays such a good baby, really content so really can't complain but tiredness is catching up on me!!

Static that's a great birth story, thanks for sharing:)

Emerb so glad you had a better experience this time round!

Kaylami, that's great news with Evie's scan, hopefully your appointment will be positive too.

God short stuff how do you get such long feeds? Evie only eats for ten minutes and then falls asleep or turns her nose up at it? I've tried everything but that's all she wants!

• Advertisement

How long dya get between feeds Kaylami? Maybe your milk is richer than mine?! I have a hungry little boy I guess!! He does fall asleep most of the time but manages to stay sucking, if he stops I rub my finger under his jaw which usually gets him going again

Advertisement