Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live at the Marquee 2015

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I would love to see Hozier there next year. (Highly unlikely).

Herself is a big Sam Smith fan and she would love if he came down to Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

mikeym wrote: »
    I would love to see Hozier there next year. (Highly unlikely).

Herself is a big Sam Smith fan and she would love if he came down to Cork.

I wonder would both be too big for the Marquee? Y'never know really but you'd think with the huge fanfare that surrounds the two of them all the time they might be playing bigger venues. But, then, tbf Ellie Goulding is pretty big and that's before we get to Noel Gallagher, Lionel Richie, etc.

It's too far off for me to have a wish list but if a few boxes can be ticked the way Noel Gallagher and Beck did this year, and the National previously, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I wonder would both be too big for the Marquee? Y'never know really but you'd think with the huge fanfare that surrounds the two of them all the time they might be playing bigger venues. But, then, tbf Ellie Goulding is pretty big and that's before we get to Noel Gallagher, Lionel Richie, etc.

It's too far off for me to have a wish list but if a few boxes can be ticked the way Noel Gallagher and Beck did this year, and the National previously, I'll be happy.

I dont think any artist is too big to play the marquee, I think any artist would play there if they wanted when you look at all the other artist who have played there over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

was at the noel gallagher gig-as usual the sound in the middle was rubbish as in other years-good gig though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

lukin wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that although I was a bit pissed off with Noel's condescending and slightly insulting between-song banter; "So what's happening in Cork? Anything?Apart from this". I know that's what you get with Noel, he likes to get under people's skin but still you would think considering he has such close ties with this country he would show more respect.

banter relax:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Good gig last night the sextant etc had a good crowd before hand. If only the events centre was sorted having those sort of gigs throughout the year and the atmospher in the pubs the nights of the gigs...good line up this year hope they match it next yr

ROY RACE wrote: »
    was at the noel gallagher gig-as usual the sound in the middle was rubbish as in other years-good gig though

Sound is always dire in the middle, especially for anything lively/rocky, etc. I always go front, back or any seated area, but avoid the middle like the plague.
    Good gig last night the sextant etc had a good crowd before hand. If only the events centre was sorted having those sort of gigs throughout the year and the atmospher in the pubs the nights of the gigs...good line up this year hope they match it next yr

Events centre would be good, but I reckon it would run very similar to the O2/Three Arena in Dublin with long gaps with no gigs. Not every big band touring will come here anyway - Cork is still out of the way for some bands touring schedules - and I think the festival atmosphere of LATM really helps the buzz around town.

But, ultimately, I can't wait until the events centre does get going because surely there'll be something decent there for everyone! I reckon a loooot of Disney on Ice, X Factor tour type events myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

ya think the events centre doesn't just have to be about music acts. things like Disney on Ice, and if you look at some of the expos in the RDS during the year, it could hold a southern version of them. its all about thinking

• Advertisement

ya think the events centre doesn't just have to be about music acts. things like Disney on Ice, and if you look at some of the expos in the RDS during the year, it could hold a southern version of them. its all about thinking

This is it! That's how they'll make it successful IMO. And how the Marquee could be kept going if the events centre was to stage expos and that during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭lukin

Yes I agree. It seems like the events centre (if it ever gets built) is more aimed at corporate events and not music.

Advertisement