Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live at the Marquee 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Kodaline were absolutely incredible tonight! The crowd was also amazing and it was so great to hear everyone singing along! So proud they are an irish band!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lionel Ritchie was brillant but finished a bit too early, he seems like such a nice and funny guy,was making loads of jokes, had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Hey guys.

Can anybody keep me posted as to stage times for The Frames on July 11th?
    Or suggest a place where I can check them myself?

Thanks,
    R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

more than likely it is nine I would think...same as most concerts support first then the main act around 9ish there abouts.

Cheers. It says doors 6.30 so I wasn't sure if things were kicking off earlier than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

I see the lack of information is just great isn't it.. They open early so people can go around get a few beers have some food first. they have places in there to get food it you need. quite nice to chill out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hey guys.

Can anybody keep me posted as to stage times for The Frames on July 11th?
    Or suggest a place where I can check them myself?

Thanks,
    R.

Booka Brass Band are supporting, if doors are 6.30, I'd expect BBB on at 7.30 or 8 for 45 minutes, then the Frames on at 9 or 9.15, just based off being at Beck earlier this year and the time being somewhat close to that.

Aiken will usually tweet the times on the day of the event, or you could even Facebook or Tweet the acts themselvses (Booka Brass Band anyway, dont think the Frames have much online presence!!) to ask when they're on if you were desperate to know.

Thanks a million BullBlackNova.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Anyone know if the bar(s) at the marquee have tv's and, more specifically, if they will be showing the cork/clare match tonight!? If not, where is the nearest place that would be showing the match please? Thanks.

Anyone know if the bar(s) at the marquee have tv's and, more specifically, if they will be showing the cork/clare match tonight!? If not, where is the nearest place that would be showing the match please? Thanks.

Only time I've ever seen a TV in the Marquee was when they were just showing football in 2012, I've never seen screens behind the bar. Tbf, it's just a makeshift bar with some stalls selling Carlsberg and Guinness at it so I doubt there'll be any TVs added since I was last there (Thursday!!)

Nearest places would be Goldbergs, the Sextant and the Idle Hour which are all on Albert Quay. Maybe 10-15 minute walk depending on your pace. There might some on the other side (Blackrock) too but I'm not familiar with the area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Only time I've ever seen a TV in the Marquee was when they were just showing football in 2012, I've never seen screens behind the bar. Tbf, it's just a makeshift bar with some stalls selling Carlsberg and Guinness at it so I doubt there'll be any TVs added since I was last there (Thursday!!)

Nearest places would be Goldbergs, the Sextant and the Idle Hour which are all on Albert Quay. Maybe 10-15 minute walk depending on your pace. There might some on the other side (Blackrock) too but I'm not familiar with the area.

What drinks are on tap? They had Strongbow last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

There are no TVs in the marquee.

The nearest bar is probably the Venue on the Blackrock road albeit it newly done up so don't know what the TV setup is in there and then the Temple Inn or longboats (they'll definitely have the match) is down the road towards Blackrock by maybe 400 yards from The Venue. Other than that you'd be talking maybe the Idle hour or say the Sextant in town.

eternal wrote: »
    What drinks are on tap? They had Strongbow last year.

I didn;t look beyond Carlsberg and Guinness tbh! I couldn't say 100% one way or the other that they had Strongbow or not, but the set up looked identical to last year (incl. prices) so I'd say you could in luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

clerk wrote: »
    There are no TVs in the marquee.

The nearest bar is probably the Venue on the Blackrock road albeit it newly done up so don't know what the TV setup is in there and then the Temple Inn or longboats (they'll definitely have the match) is down the road towards Blackrock by maybe 400 yards from The Venue. Other than that you'd be talking maybe the Idle hour or say the Sextant in town.

The Venue has plenty of big screens, they even have one in the beer garden (not that it'll be too popular today :D ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

They had stella cidre there at zz top

P.lane78 wrote: »
    They had stella cidre there at zz top

Even nicer, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

I agree...strongbow is muck ....fiver a pint for the cidre

Drinks update for anyone going to any of Status Quo, Damien Rice or Noel Gallagher...

Main bar has guinness, carlsberg, hophouse 13 and Stella cidre for €5. You can also get wine and those cans of premixed smirnoff and that. There is also a small bar (one tap, looooooooooooong queue) inside the arena near the exit to the toilets if you don't wanna miss anything while you queue!

The Frames was excellent btw. Missed the first support act but Booka Brass Band were brilliant as ever and Glen Hansard was in flying form on stage for the show. Played everything I wanted to hear except "When Your Mind's Made Up", and the usual covers (Mic Christopher and Daniel Johnston) at the end were really good too. Much better than I had expected it to be - the lighting for "Star Star" on the disco balls was particularly cool.

Will Damien Rice be on as early because last year the main acts weren't on till later. There's definitely a wider selection of drinks then there was years ago which is good. Agree about the lighting!

Will Damien Rice be on as early because last year the main acts weren't on till later. There's definitely a wider selection of drinks then there was years ago which is good. Agree about the lighting!

Your best bet for stage times is to tweet Aiken. I got a reply mid-afternoon yesterday about last night's gig. So far I've been to Beck, Van Morrison and The Frames, all were on stage between 8 and half. I'd be surprised if Damien Rice wasn't the same but I haven't seen times anywhere.

Also, Colm Mac Con Iomaire, the Frames violinist, is in support for Damien tomorrow so factor that in too!

• Advertisement

Your best bet for stage times is to tweet Aiken. I got a reply mid-afternoon yesterday about last night's gig. So far I've been to Beck, Van Morrison and The Frames, all were on stage between 8 and half. I'd be surprised if Damien Rice wasn't the same but I haven't seen times anywhere.

Also, Colm Mac Con Iomaire, the Frames violinist, is in support for Damien tomorrow so factor that in too!

That sounds great. Hate to miss any of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Beck was on stage at 9.10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Thanks. Went up to The Venue - ten minute walk only. Back down around 8.40pm. Excellent concert by the Frames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭lukin

Is everybody ready for The Chief tomorrow nite?What's the best place to meet any of the acts before the gig or are they ghosted in surrounded by beefy security guards so nobody can get near them?I'd love to get a selfie with Noel.

It's just been tweeted that he's on at 7.45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Great time last night at Status Quo, got a guitar pick off Rick Parfitt too :D

aFalt7J.jpg?2

lukin wrote: »
    Is everybody ready for The Chief tomorrow nite?What's the best place to meet any of the acts before the gig or are they ghosted in surrounded by beefy security guards so nobody can get near them?I'd love to get a selfie with Noel.

His brother (no, not that one...) is playing an after party at the Pavilion after the gig. Might be a chance? Tbh, I've only ever come across Marquee acts (or any performers in Cork) by pure chance in the city in Liberty Grill, Tesco or on the street!

His brother (no, not that one...) is playing an after party at the Pavilion after the gig. Might be a chance? Tbh, I've only ever come across Marquee acts (or any performers in Cork) by pure chance in the city in Liberty Grill, Tesco or on the street!

Yeah thanks I know about the gig in the Pav but I don't know if I'll go to that as I have work in the morning.He might take a stroll down Pana if he has time before the gig :-)
    All Cork boardsies be on Noel-watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Yeah thanks I know about the gig in the Pav but I don't know if I'll go to that as I have work in the morning.He might take a stroll down Pana if he has time before the gig :-)
    All Cork boardsies be on Noel-watch!

take note that the chief detests doing photo's

• Advertisement

take note that the chief detests doing photo's

I always thought he was quite friendly to his fans, I could be wrong though.

I always thought he was quite friendly to his fans, I could be wrong though.

Can't see Noel Gallagher cheesy grinning somehow. Are there still tickets left for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

He discussed it in his recent Alan Carr interview (can't find the link) about how he sometimes agrees to take photos and other times not, and how he just gets them over with. Hope the show is good tonight, 4th time seeing Noel.. I'm proper sad :P

bleach94 wrote: »
    He discussed it in his recent Alan Carr interview (can't find the link) about how he sometimes agrees to take photos and other times not, and how he just gets them over with. Hope the show is good tonight, 4th time seeing Noel.. I'm proper sad :P

Worth seeing?

OK I'll leave him alone if I spot him buying boxer shorts in Marks & Spencers today.:). Tonight is a bit of a nostalgic occasion for me and many others I am sure; I was at the Cork Oasis gig in 1996. I wonder will Noel mention it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Worth seeing?

If you're into extreame crowd interaction and shout outs to Bob on his 18th birthday, then its not for you. It'll also be my fourth time seeing Noel and each time was better than the last. Could be biased views though as Oasis was all I knew since I was 4.

First time in the Marquee tonight after all those years, should I give alot of time for security or is it well setup?

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    If you're into extreame crowd interaction and shout outs to Bob on his 18th birthday, then its not for you. It'll also be my fourth time seeing Noel and each time was better than the last. Could be biased views though as Oasis was all I knew since I was 4.

First time in the Marquee tonight after all those years, should I give alot of time for security or is it well setup?

Well functioning from what I can tell. They don't do searches either or at least not on some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭aidanki

what time is he likely to go on stage and what time is he likely to finish, im driving down and back again after hence the question

Ya I say he'll be on at about 9ish and off at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Well that was f*cking class.

Imo slightly better than Dublin, although that may have to do with the smaller venue and the fact I was closer to the stage than then.

But I will never ever understand people going to what is still a rock concert and sitting down for the entire show.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Well that was f*cking class.

Imo slightly better than Dublin, although that may have to do with the smaller venue and the fact I was closer to the stage than then.

But I will never ever understand people going to what is still a rock concert and sitting down for the entire show.

It was a superb show. And I was sitting down so it wasn't just those up next to the stage!!

My tickets were seated and there was no hope of me getting close to the stage with how thick the crowd was so I accepted my fate and loved every second of it.

Ears are still ringing now - Masterplan and Whatever were particularly brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Crowd really wasn't thick at all, plenty of room :)

As expected the roof nearly came off with Masterplan and Don't Look Back In Anger.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

So thats the Marquee over for another year.
    Already looking forward to Christy Moore and Declan Sinnot next year :rolleyes:

Really enjoyed that although I was a bit pissed off with Noel's condescending and slightly insulting between-song banter; "So what's happening in Cork? Anything?Apart from this". I know that's what you get with Noel, he likes to get under people's skin but still you would think considering he has such close ties with this country he would show more respect.

Really enjoyed that although I was a bit pissed off with Noel's condescending and slightly insulting between-song banter; "So what's happening in Cork? Anything?Apart from this". I know that's what you get with Noel, he likes to get under people's skin but still you would think considering he has such close ties with this country he would show more respect.

I really wouldn't look too much into it, he said something similar in Dublin aswell.

Amazing show, best one I've been at yet.

horgan_p wrote: »
    So thats the Marquee over for another year.
    Already looking forward to Christy Moore and Declan Sinnot next year :rolleyes:

And the Coronas, Kodaline and the new flavour of the month, plus probably Tommy Tiernan and Dara O Briain...

Tbf to the Marquee, it does get quite a few top quality acts. I went to 4 great gigs this year and would probably have enjoyed a few more if I had made it along. I'm actually interested to see what big acts they snag for next year. First announcement in October apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Looks like Noel handled one drunken fool pretty well :D

Indo link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

In fairness he's raising a good point! :pac:

All the same - fairly certain that's just his way of hopping ball - you'd imagine the fact that it's an Irish crowd would have him engaging in that kind of sarcastic way moreso, given our enjoyment of a little dig :)

D'Agger wrote: »
    In fairness he's raising a good point! :pac:

All the same - fairly certain that's just his way of hopping ball - you'd imagine the fact that it's an Irish crowd would have him engaging in that kind of sarcastic way moreso, given our enjoyment of a little dig :)

I still didn't like it. Even though the only thing that makes him English is that he was born there and both his parents are Irish, he kind of gives the impression he looks down on the Irish.

Looks like Noel handled one drunken fool pretty well :D

Indo link
    I hate hecklers. Fcking cowards roaring at performers who've the guts to stand in front of thousands of people. I'd like the roles to be reveresed, see how they'd manage out of the shadows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement