Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Winter Kit Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

So he'd be a kind of Santa type figure?

Hunterbiker, take a seat, I'm afraid I have some bad news your parents should have told you years ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Just got the word that the stuff's in the post on its way to the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭fillup

Huzzah!!!!

What's the ETA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Excellent. What's the story with pickup - just arrive down at the office someday and ask for you or Niamh?

I'll let you know when it's here and when we're doing a collection. I don't have an ETA for arrival, but I think it was a week last time, so something similar this time I'm sure (with an allowance for seasonal variations, we should hopefully be sorting them out by the end of next week).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I think its generally 5 working days from Poland but ,as Dav says, the season thats in it anything could happen.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Keep forgetting I've ordered this, that combined with the plethora of stuff being delivered to me in the next couple of weeks will test my organisation skills I think

So this arrived...

331542.jpg

Those of you who've sent me postage details, yours will be going out later today.

Collections from next week onwards, I'll be packing it all up today in between bouts of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Thats a picture of the last lot! :)

• Advertisement

It's really not :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thanks to everyone involved for all your efforts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

thanks to everyone involved for all your efforts

Except bcmf, who refused to personally deliver each one.... :pac:

I'm gonna be out of the office in the next 20 minutes I think, so starting Monday, the gear'll be available for collection from Boards HQ. I can't do this weekend I'm afraid, I'm wrapped up with some other stuff.

Thanks Dav.

rizzodun wrote: »
    Except bcmf, who refused to personally deliver each one.... :pac:

I can deliver it personally. May not be this winter by the time I get around to ya though. (Or next winter either.....)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dav wrote: »
    I'm wrapped up with some other stuff.
    Not the cling-film fetish taking over again? Thought that was more Captain Havoc's thing:D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bcmf wrote: »
    I can deliver it personally. May not be this winter by the time I get around to ya though. (Or next winter either.....)
    So you are only doing those within 5km of your place this year then - that's a shame for all the others, but when will you be delivering mine - presumably you'll drop it off before XMas?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭zindicato

dropping down boards hq on tuesday to collect then

Dav wrote: »
    I'm gonna be out of the office in the next 20 minutes I think, so starting Monday, the gear'll be available for collection from Boards HQ. I can't do this weekend I'm afraid, I'm wrapped up with some other stuff.

Thanks Dav. I'll pop down Monday or Tuesday at lunchtime if that's OK.

BTW - offer still stands. I work in Dublin city centre and live in Maynooth so if anyone in the general Maynooth area wants me to pick up their gear for them I can do that and meet up to hand it over. You just need to authorise Dav to give it to me and we can arrange a meeting point/time.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    So you are only doing those within 5km of your place this year then - that's a shame for all the others, but when will you be delivering mine - presumably you'll drop it off before XMas?:pac:

Pity your gateway is 5.1km from mine. Wouldnt have been too much trouble for but rules are rules. 5km is 5km!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

If by some miracle you end up with a spare Medium kit, I'll take it.

Pity your gateway is 5.1km from mine. Wouldnt have been too much trouble for but rules are rules. 5km is 5km!!!!!!
    Don't worry - have established a Parcel Motel franchise - only needs dropping off at the entrance to Milverton Desmesne which cuts your journey down by a couple of hundred metres

I'll pick mine up on Wednesday I hope as I don't start work til 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

What time is the office open until this evening?

and where is the office?
    Cheers

Boards.ie Limited - Latin Hall, Golden Lane, Dublin 8

331794.PNG

Opening hours?

I'm here between 10 and 6 most days, I'm done for the Christmas on Thursday though, not back till the 5th, but Niamh will be here Friday, Monday and Tuesday. I can also pop in on Saturday to do collections if that's useful to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

Thanks Dav, I will try and get in tomorrow or Thursday afternoon . If any one in NCD would like me to pick up for them just send a pm.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dav, I will try and get in tomorrow or Thursday afternoon . If any one in NCD would like me to pick up for them just send a pm.

Dave any chance of picking up mine? Pretty please?

Just collected my defender - tasty bit o'kit. Glad i went for the xtra large too. Even after i shift the remainder of the gut it'll be a tight fit

Cheers Dav and thanks to all the lads who arranged the order!!!
    Merry Christmas lads n lassies

I must have just missed you fillup. Got mine just before you. Thanks again Dav & Niamh (enjoy the coke and hookers :D) and bcmf for organising it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

I just realised I didn't get any confirmation that my payment had been received, so I'm wondering now if my order went through?

Dave any chance of picking up mine? Pretty please?

No problem.

Cheers Dav.picked up my top earlier.looks great.cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I also got a defender. Its teeny weeny but very beautiful. They mean it when they say race fit. It looks sprayed on!

see you around 10 tomorrow Dav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I'll also drop in tomorrow....assuming my order was received.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I'll also drop in tomorrow....assuming my order was received.
    There is a bag here with your (user)name on it so I guess it was :)

zindicato wrote: »
    see you around 10 tomorrow Dav

Thanks for this morning Niamh:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Collected this morning from Dav. Cheers.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

zindicato wrote: »
    Thanks for this morning Niamh:-)
    No problem at all :)

Got my Entropa, and actually looking forward to a spot of rain next time I'm out so I can test it. Cheers all

Thanks Dav. Picked up my entropa earlier, glad I got an XL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Picked up a defender earlier from Dav. It's a bit....snug, I may have added a little too much winter insulation already and it's not Christmas yet!!

Only 2 left, this is great news.

Good to see you all today, well wear and watch out for busses!

Crocked wrote: »
    Picked up a defender earlier from Dav. It's a bit....snug, I may have added a little too much winter insulation already and it's not Christmas yet!!

I'm glad it's not only me then..... it's as snug as a bug on a rug or as snug as the small area to the front of the bar in Toners

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

fillup wrote: »
    I'm glad it's not only me then..... it's as snug as a bug on a rug or as snug as the small area to the front of the bar in Toners
    Any snugger it would probably qualify as fetish wear.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX13PP4o_jV1Tlhp7anGjK9GXuNx6U3TeBxROMP3ssy8p1T0dqTS3fFg4

Is that snug enuff for ya?

• Advertisement
Advertisement