Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Injured shoulder

• 12-08-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

Hey folks I'm just looking for some advice. I injured my shoulder on the 20th of June. It happened at gaelic football training when I was holding the tackle bags wrong and my shoulder got driven up. I went to the doctor (who said it was soft tissue damage) and she suggested physio. I went to the physio for a few sessions, did all the exercises and I still had a pain in the shoulder and constant pins and needles in the hand since the accident happened. Then last Tuesday I went to see my doctor again who referred me for an x-ray, the x-ray did not show anything and I was again referred for more physio. Last Friday I went to a chiropractor who said I had a moved shoulder blade and that he was surprised the physio did not spot this. He put it back in and while the pain has abated some bit, the pins and needles are still there. I am at my wits end as I am starting college in September, its also a guitar playing course where I will need my hands perfect. I also can't keep forking out for all this treatment as I'm unemployed:( Can anyone suggest anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

you need an MRI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

As said above an MRI would be useful! You also should know that shoulder injuries can be very slow to heal and separate from that, nerve injuries can be very slow to heal!
    You are going to start a course and presumably a career that is dependent on your hands/arms, take care of them!

Work with your physio and gp. Don't look for a quick fix. Give your body time to heal and do your rehab to the best of you ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

As someone who is recovering from a shoulder operation, get an MRI then get referred to a consultant.

Advertisement