Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secrets of Chinese weightlifters

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

DylanJM wrote: »
    Kendrick Farris got a medal at the recent Universiade. Think they got a few junior medals over the last couple of years as well I think. The last senior men's medal at a worlds was Wes Barnett.

They've also got a 12 or 13 year old 62kg lifter lifting in the region of 100/128. Clarence Cummings I think his name is. There must be something with that name Clarence.

Damn his sinclair is higher then mine must be on gear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Really got my jollies off this bit:
    so how to boost hormone(test): Horny goat weed and apparently icing your testicles twice a day!! im not kidding!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Hanley wrote: »
    i meant at an olympics.. but since their world champs haul is so bad, guessing olympics has been a while too!!

...I don't know why they're even considered a weightlifting nation given their continued poor performance.

They're not by anyone outside America but they post videos and articles in English so we love them.

In fairness they're not winning anything because they are cleaner than other countries. Farris and a few others would probably have a chance at a medal if they were using (assuming they're not) but they'd be nowhere near the bigger countries in terms of depth which some internet forums think they could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The problem with the US system is that the potential talent pool is hovered up by wrestling/football/hammer/shot put/javelin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Quality training yields quality results.

Reducing variability improves quality is a popular phrase from quality control books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Dermighty wrote: »

Reducing variability improves quality is a popular phrase from quality control books.

Save that for the Bulgarian thread.

Advertisement