Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homemade Equipment

Options
  • 24-05-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking to make some homemade equipment and just wondering if anyone else had made or put together something that is cheaper better made than commercial alternatives. Alot of the sites i've been on are american and not sure if some of the stuff they suggest using is that readily available in Ireland so I'd like to know where people in Ireland got there materials from. I made a homemade dip belt for under ten euro and its much better than the commercial ones that keep breaking (with not very substantial weight), so I'm looking to make some more equipment.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get furniture sliders in Ireland? It will be mainly for hamstrings. B n Q do em but they need to be the big ones that are about a foot long.

Next up is sandbags, really want to make a sandbag, think it'll be an invaluable tool. Has anyone made one if so how, what type bag did u use, did u use sand, much or pea gravel for filler and where did you get it etc?

Also looking to make a foam roller, have a scrap piece of pvc pipe that looks good but its a bit too firm. Other sites said buy a yoga mat and roll it and tape it on which should be ok i presume?

Any thoughts or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

Comments

Advertisement