Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meniscal Transplant

Options
  • 13-08-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

Hi there, Just over a year ago I injured my knee, (Macerated lateral meniscus) and had surgery to repair a small section and to remove around 60% of my lateral meniscus.

After substansial rehab I hit a plateau in my rehab and advice of my physios I went back to see my surgeon and he suggested another MRI which showed a possible further tear which I felt in my knee, my surgeon suggested another look would be needed, In April he did and found another small tear and he removed only leaving the outermost part of the meniscus intact.

I have not played any sport in over a year and won't be able to play them again bar a light kick around but after this long I've just lived with it even though it's been the hardest thing in my life as I had been very into sports.

I have been referred for a meniscal transplant.

I'm not looking for any medical advice just any opinions or advice from people who have had this if anyone?

Advertisement