Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact announced at IFA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What's the deal with the next nexus phone? Any specs released yet and how should it compare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Daith wrote: »
    Cheers lads. Torn between just buying this and waiting for the next Nexus phone. I don't think I'll be disappointed with the compact judging by reviews though.

If battery life is important to you than I would imagine the Z3 will have significantly better battery life than the Nexus, unless the new Nexus bucks the trend of previous ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im convinced theres some witchcraft in the Z3C with those battery scores. Black magic technology. Really impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭Daith

If battery life is important to you than I would imagine the Z3 will have significantly better battery life than the Nexus, unless the new Nexus bucks the trend of previous ones.

I suspect it will have a better camera but there's just that feeling of waiting a few weeks for the Nexus specs. Having said that if the Z3 arrives in a bricks and mortar shop here soon I might not have the patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

billbond4 wrote: »
    Clove are doing preorder for 437e Inc vat for the z3 compact

Anyone order with clove? Would I be stung with customs or not? Price seems fairly decent.

• Advertisement

Phantasos wrote: »
    Anyone order with clove? Would I be stung with customs or not? Price seems fairly decent.

I asked that but as you're ordering from UK should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Are we any closer to a release date here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Slattsy wrote: »
    Are we any closer to a release date here?

It been released in the UK. No further update in release I. Ireland other than 01/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

For anyone on Three, they have said on their facebook page that they expect stock in 2 to 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Awe :(

Been due my upgrade for about 3 weeks now. Is this phone going to be worth the wait?? Samsung S5 is calling and texting me hourly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Clove are doing preorder for 437e Inc vat for the z3 compact

Very tempting, I love my Nexus 4 but the battery is cack altogether and this could do nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Z3 compact available on o2 now, black colour only
    460e on prepay

Z3 compact available on o2 now, black colour only
    460e on prepay

It'll probably be 550e on Three so, they're always miles more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Phantasos wrote: »
    It'll probably be 550e on Three so, they're always miles more expensive.

But aren't O2 and Three the same network these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I wonder is the o2 one locked to o2 only?

cormie wrote: »
    I wonder is the o2 one locked to o2 only?
    Yeah it will be locked to o2,but if you get phone in cpw now it could possibly be unlocked, as first shipments to cpw might be network unlocked.
    Three and o2 are separate entities for consumers for the moment.
    If it's locked it will be locked to o2 only

Don't forget if your with o2 you can get a 20% discount on upgrade using priority moments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ordered a Z3C on thursday evening from clove.co.uk and it arrived this morning (I used DHL). Unfortunately, it uses a nano SIM and my current SIM is a micro, so will have to wait a few days before I can use it properly as my phone.

Haven't played around with it much yet as it is currently installing my apps, but it is typical Sony quality. Coming from an S3, I didn't want a phone that was any bigger, but didn't want a downgrade either. Own it less than an hour and happy out so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

out of contract in november, was just going to go with the Samsung S5 but this looks interesting. Any idea how the camera on the Z3 will compare? was going S5 over HTC one because of better camera.
    also do sony phones come with less bloatware? assume it looks a bit better too?

Ordered a Z3C on thursday evening from clove.co.uk and it arrived this morning (I used DHL). Unfortunately, it uses a nano SIM and my current SIM is a micro, so will have to wait a few days before I can use it properly as my phone.

Haven't played around with it much yet as it is currently installing my apps, but it is typical Sony quality. Coming from an S3, I didn't want a phone that was any bigger, but didn't want a downgrade either. Own it less than an hour and happy out so far.

Cool, let us know how you get on. Would be interested to hear how you fare with battery life. You mind me asking what the total cost of the phone was to you in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

€488.38 was what I was billed for after selecting the DHL option. I got a free car charger (which I already have), a roxfit case and some other random goodies.

Will take at least a week to see how the battery handles. But from using the phone constantly for ~1.5 hours with wifi on, it has dropped 3%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I currently use the Xperia TX (ala T) and was going to get a Xperia Z3 Compact with O2 but they only have black. No sign of any Z3 Compact on carphonewarehouse.ie. I see unlocked Z3c on Amazon.co.uk in various colours but they are more expensive.

CPW have black and white, with more colours coming ....

again CPW website is muck, go into the shop and ask what they have

again CPW website is muck, go into the shop and ask what they have

They need a web developer.

Have you seen this URL. Someone posted it earlier in the thread and a quick look at XCC shows the phone at €450. Would that be right ?

Apparently CPW have both in stock. Was just in the one on Grafton St, and bumped into a Sony rep who was under the impression they have them.

As an aside, got to see both of them in the flesh. All I can say is WOW. Screen is amazing on both of them, but the full fat Z3 is spectacular. Very impressed

Did you mention colours to them ?

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Did you mention colours to them ?

I didn't. Didn't have time to be honest. Was on the way to work, so the Sony rep/ playin with the phone took the available time for questions.

the Z3 will be 589€ on O2 prepay

• Advertisement

Interesting prices here from CW

http://irishtechnews.net/ITN3/carphone-warehouse-launches-sony-xperia-z3-and-xperia-z3-compact/

Sony Xperia Z3

Vodafone: Pay monthly from free on Vodafone Red/Extra; Prepay N/A

O2: Pay monthly from free on Open Plus; Prepay N/A

Meteor: Pay monthly from free on Meteor Smart Classic; Prepay €559.00

Emboile: Pay monthly from €99 on Emobile Select Unlimited 4G; Prepay €559.00

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact:

Vodafone: Pay monthly from free on Vodafone Red/Extra; Prepay N/A

O2: Pay monthly from free on Open Basic; Prepay N/A

Meteor: Pay monthly from free on Meteor Smart Essentials; Prepay €419.00

Emobile: Pay monthly from €49 on Emobile Select Unlimited 4G; Prepay €419.00

Advertisement