Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland scholarship 2015

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

Bah_Humbug wrote:
    How exactly does one formally RSVP?

There's an email at the bottom of the invitation and there's also a number. Just email/Call them saying you would like to RSVP for yourself and whoever else is going

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shane_LFC

Did anybody get paid yesterday?

Shane_LFC wrote:

Yes payments were made yesterday .. I received mine along with my SUSI grant

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭j.mcdrmd

Bit disappointed with the 'guest of honour' tbh, not gonna lie haha, no comparison to Bill Clinton
    etalors wrote: »
    Yeah same, I'd have liked if I didn't have to Google him to find out who he is
    Shane_LFC wrote: »
    Hey Yall wrote: »
    Yes payments were made yesterday .. I received mine along with my SUSI grant

Did anyone see A.P. McCoy getting a lifetime award for his exceptional achievements on Sports Personality Of The Year last night?

It was handed to him by Rory McIlroy. J.P., your sponsor, was standing behind A.P.

I thought all three were brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭meganob

When did you all apply for the scholarship? Was it after you received your Leaving Cert Results or way in advance?
    I was searching online and it says that you don't need to apply. How will they know I'm eligible?
    Am I better off emailing them and letting them know I'm eligible?
    Are there any other good financial scholarships that would cover majority of costs I could apply to as a back up?
    Sorry for all the questions, thought it'd be better to ask people who have gone through the process! Thanks for reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 printerlife

Did anyone else not receive any payment for February? I didn't get the usual email either

Did anyone else not receive any payment for February? I didn't get the usual email either

No didn't receive the payment but received SUSI grant as standard. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that colleges must confirm attendance for this year after semester 1. You are not entitled to the scholarship if the college can't confirm you're still registered and attending so if your college has asked for you to confirm attendance at any point in the last week or so I would suggest doing so or else the information will be passed back to SUSI and All Ireland Scholarships and payments might get cut until you sort it. I'm just guessing this info I emailed them and hoping for a reply tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 printerlife

No didn't receive the payment but received SUSI grant as standard. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that colleges must confirm attendance for this year after semester 1. You are not entitled to the scholarship if the college can't confirm you're still registered and attending so if your college has asked for you to confirm attendance at any point in the last week or so I would suggest doing so or else the information will be passed back to SUSI and All Ireland Scholarships and payments might get cut until you sort it. I'm just guessing this info I emailed them and hoping for a reply tomorrow.

Okay that's a relief! I thought that something was wrong.. No I haven't been asked anything from the college as of yet but I did email the All Ireland Scholarships yesterday so hoping to hear something in the coming days ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

Hi Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place but would anyone be able to tell me the average amount of points a student in Galway would have to get to be eligible for this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Insa333

When do we know if we get the scholarship. I live in Louth and got 480 in my top 5 subjects (inc. 25 pts for maths). How likely am I get the scholarship - my financial conditions are dire??!!

Has anyone gotten an email yet for the payment that's due Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 etalors

No I haven't yet! I was getting a bit concerned. I emailed the department of education this morning to ask about that but haven't received a reply.

etalors wrote: »
    No I haven't yet! I was getting a bit concerned. I emailed the department of education this morning to ask about that but haven't received a reply.

That's a relief! I emailed them Monday and they told me it's the 7th as long as college confirms registration.. I know they've left the email as late as the night before last year for some months

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nestyy

Hey, did you receive your payment today? Or does it usually come later in the day, since I had susi right away in the morning last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 etalors

Nestyy wrote: »
    Hey, did you receive your payment today? Or does it usually come later in the day, since I had susi right away in the morning last month.

I got mine this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Kamil3001

Are all of ye who got the payment, people who won it this year or previously?? I didn't get an email about it and i registered on the website over a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cdeliv

Kamil3001 wrote: »
    Are all of ye who got the payment, people who won it this year or previously?? I didn't get an email about it and i registered on the website over a month ago
    I think the people on this thread got it last year but you should've gotten your tickets on Saturday the 14th of Oct in the post and I assume our first payment will be around the 7th of November as that's what it seems to have been last year.

Advertisement