Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Dell Laptop Bargains

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Just to update - received the laptop Friday - 2 days after ordering it. Laptop is defo not a refurb - is spanking new. Warranty is 3 years not 1 as I thought. Warranty is transferred over to me. free Windows 7 upgrade is ordered from Dell too.

I've been keeping an eye on that ebay shop but all thats left are feckin pink Studios!
    Anyone know when/if this guy will be getting in more Studio 15's ?

How did you find out the warrenty was 3 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Just to update - received the laptop Friday - 2 days after ordering it. Laptop is defo not a refurb - is spanking new.
    I've had refurbs from DELL before and sometimes it's impossible to tell.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I've had refurbs from DELL before and sometimes it's impossible to tell.

If it looks brand new with a 3 year warranty, Does it really matter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any bargains on handbags lads!?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Just for anyone looking,The Studio 1555 is a great machine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Wow... I vote this as the bitchiest thread of the year. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

kendragon wrote: »
    Wow... I vote this as the bitchiest thread of the year. :D

+1

I cant even remember what the bargain was about I though the comments were so funny.....something about a handbag did someone say!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

ciano1 wrote: »
    I'm just stating the facts so others can make an informed decision on whether this bargain is suitable or not for them so with regards to that, yes it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I suspect they are refurbished even when advertised 'as new'. Just read the 'what do you receive'. Link. 'This product has been returned to Dell for a variety of reasons including cancellation and specification changes. All products have been tested and repackaged to Dell Outlet standards.'

Most of the 'brand new' ones on ebay are the same. They call them refurb when they're blemished models and 'brand new in box' when they're returns, but strictly speaking they are both classed as refurbs, and should be compared to the Dell outlet in terms of price, and not the regular Dell page (ie you'd want to be getting them very cheap to call it a bargain).

Maybe they're not, I don't know the seller from Adam. But the fact that you have to transfer the warranty means its already been registered and some of the warranty has expired. You'll know for sure if its a refurb by checking the service tag on Dells website - refurbished machines are permanently designated as such (and are worth less 2nd hand on account of the fact that people assume you got them cheap).

I bought a refurb off this fella a few years back and it was perfect...that combined with a dell warranty means its a perfect way to buy a dell laptop..Hes an excellent ebay seller...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Got the email stating that it's covered by "Dells 3Yr In-Home INTERNATIONAL Warranty, including evenings and Saturdays"

Dell are due to send me an email too, confirming this
    I've been keeping an eye on that ebay shop but all thats left are feckin pink Studios!
    Anyone know when/if this guy will be getting in more Studio 15's ?

How did you find out the warrenty was 3 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sometimes. When I was supporting UK Gateway customers, lots of the people ringing about refurbed laptops (sold by certain bricks 'n mortar shops) had the same problem that the laptops were refurbed for. If they never got to the customer, and was canceled deal, you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

Anyway Keith, while it may not have been a bargain in everyone's eyes, thanks for starting a very educational and entertaining thread. Good luck with the purchase

He still only has a load of pink ones left :(

What colours did he have when you bought yours Keith ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Was a blue one - they sold out fairly quickly though

Advertisement